Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #1247
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Congrats Stacy I know that's a big relief Keep up the
exercise and STAY AWAY FROM THE JUNK FOOD - you'll be
fine
Thanks I'm heading to Spring Training with the Brewers so it's gives me a motivation to lose some weight before my trip. I was dealing with alot of stress lately so I was resorting to food not the smart choice:( 2012 should be alot better. I can ACTUALLY drive my camaro to Indy
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #1248
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Hehe! Thanks, Becky.

When I first went into IPS this fall to ask about having this work done... they asked me... "What is your goal for your car?"

I replied, "I want to scare the boys."

I think you already scare all the boys in our group! haha.

Stacy, great news from the doc! I know you can do it girl!
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #1249
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I had an interesting evening last night....
My company gave me a budget of $300 to take my staff out for a Christmas party, so we chose a local steak place to go out to dinner, including our spouses/SOs. When I get there, one of my techs says to me "I thought I saw your husband inside, but it couldn't be him, he's with a woman" Well, it was him, and the woman was his ex-wife (no big deal, we all get along!)
This is how it was interesting:
My hubby's ex was with a guy. A guy who's NOT her SO (who she has lived with for 10 years)! This guy is someone she used to work with, and after the company went bankrupt earlier this year, she was going to work for the company he went to, but didn't because her SO "doesn't like" this guy... My hubby said that when he walked into the bar and saw his ex, both she and this guy had "we're busted" looks on their faces. A little more background for you - my hubby divorced because his ex was cheating on him with someone she worked with. Seems like she has a habit of this...
Old 12-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #1250
sugar'n'spice

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
My company gave me a budget of $300 to take my staff out for a Christmas party, so we chose a local steak place to go out to dinner, including our spouses/SOs. When I get there, one of my techs says to me "I thought I saw your husband inside, but it couldn't be him, he's with a woman" Well, it was him, and the woman was his ex-wife (no big deal, we all get along!)
My hubby's ex was with a guy. A guy who's NOT her SO (who she has lived with for 10 years)! This guy is someone she used to work with, and after the company went bankrupt earlier this year, she was going to work for the company he went to, but didn't because her SO "doesn't like" this guy... My hubby said that when he walked into the bar and saw his ex, both she and this guy had "we're busted" looks on their faces. A little more background for you - my hubby divorced because his ex was cheating on him with someone she worked with. Seems like she has a habit of this...

Wow, I'll say...sounds like a soap opera.

It's our Camaro Christmas party tonight. So looking forward to it. Baked for it as well !

Sometimes, it's fun to get dressed up. Love being a girl ! Woohoo !

Hope everyone here has a wonderful weekend !!!!
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #1251
CarolinaChick

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT/RS
My little fellow got treat bags fixed for his "December Celebration" party, at school, on Monday. (Isn't that crazy - they can't say "Christmas Party".) Anyway, he's so excited and I am, too. This will be the 2nd Christmas Eve I've ever had off from work in 13 years! (The 1st was in 2002 when I was on maternity leave after having my little guy.) Yay!!
CarolinaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #1252
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
My sisters/hubbys, My dad, a few of his grandkids, my hubby & I went out to eat together today for our Christmas gathering. That was all we could manage this year. It was nice though. My sisters & I exchanged gifts but we decided to forgo all other gift exchanges this year. My older sister, Judy got me a neat gift (from WalMart of all places). Here are some pics.
Attached Images

Old 12-17-2011, 11:23 PM   #1253
SpendyWendy

Drives: 2011 SW 2SS/RS M6 Delivered 5/20/11
Ruby... just got back from there and saw that! Have any of you been to Hobby Lobby recently? They have a TON of Chevy stuff in their metal wall art! Great for dressing up the garage walls!
SpendyWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:26 PM   #1254
RubyCamaro
Jan

Very cool especially since we are getting ready to build a garage! I'll have to check that out.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:56 PM   #1255
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

I went and saw my goddaughters' dance recital today - it was FABULOUS! Madison, the youngest one (10 yrs old) is starting to become more graceful, and looks so grown up when she dances... And Shyann, the 14 yr old, just started dancing en pointe this year (if you don't know much about ballet, toe shoes are REALLY hard on young feet, so they don't normally start en pointe until 15 yrs old) - she is amazing. If she were just a little taller, she could have a serious career in ballet... She dances all styles, though, so if she wanted to dance professionally in another style, she certainly could... I'm so proud of both of them - I'm just about to burst!

And, their mother, my very bestest friend in the whole world, has been having BIG panic attacks lately. To the point where she has been afraid to leave the house for the past 2 weeks... So I drove her to the recital, so she knew she had an "escape plan", and held her hand when she needed it. And she made it through! No panic all afternoon, AND she ran the recital (she's the best stage mom ever). So I'm proud of her too....

I just can't stop smiling....
Old 12-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #1256
RubyCamaro
Jan

Sounds like a great evening for everyone Ladybugsmom. Glad it went well.

Looks like I will be sick for Christmas. :( It started out as a bad cold the day after the funeral. I started with vitimine C, echinacea & fluids but is has steadily gotten worse. Now it is moving into my chest. I always end up with bronchitis & laryngitis when this starts. YUCK! I have to go to work on Monday and can't afford to miss any days right now. I guess it is fitting. I will have someting else to think about besides those who are not here for Christmas. :(
Old 12-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #1257
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Sounds like a great evening for everyone Ladybugsmom. Glad it went well.

Looks like I will be sick for Christmas. :( It started out as a bad cold the day after the funeral. I started with vitimine C, echinacea & fluids but is has steadily gotten worse. Now it is moving into my chest. I always end up with bronchitis & laryngitis when this starts. YUCK! I have to go to work on Monday and can't afford to miss any days right now. I guess it is fitting. I will have someting else to think about besides those who are not here for Christmas. :(
If you routinely end up with bronchitis when you get a cold, is your doc willing to call in an antibiotic without seeing you first??? When I was younger, I always got strep throat twice a year, and after a couple of years, my doctor finally started just taking my word for it when I called...
Maybe if your doc will do that, then you can get better quickly and not have to miss work... Can't hurt to try! And keep up with the fluids and vitamin C. You can stop the echinacea, though - once you're already sick, it doesn't do much good.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:48 AM   #1258
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar'n'spice View Post

It's our Camaro Christmas party tonight. So looking forward to it. Baked for it as well !

I had a Camaromas party with some wonderful C5'ers last night too. Good time! It's nice when you get to meet some awesome people that have similar interests and then you become kind of a dysfunctional family and have holiday dinners. LOL.

Have a great Sunday ladies!
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:48 AM   #1259
RubyCamaro
Jan

Yeah, it is worth a shot. Not sure though since I ususlly see a nurse practitioner, the doc may not go with stuff like that (but since he is her hubby, maybe). I'll try calling in the morning.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #1260
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Drives: 2SS/RS SW with Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
Wow! Well then I'm glad she is your husband's ex! He has you now and he doesn't have to worry about that stuff now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar'n'spice View Post
Wow, I'll say...sounds like a soap opera.

I want pictures, Joanne!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
K&N CAI, Customized Graphics, JBA Long Tube Headers, JBA High Flow Cat Back Exhaust, LED Fog Lamps, Heritage Grill, TSW Mirabeau Multipiece Alloy Wheels.
SSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote