Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #71
HOZAY
The Eponymous Jose

Drives: A V6. Yes. A LLT.
So mine just started doing this at 45,000 miles.

I'm seeing everything from "air injection pump" to broken vacuum seal - as everyone said, only at start-up. Changes in pitch with RPMs. I popped the hood to check it out before I left my place, but couldn't place it - can't replicate it unless it's been sitting undriven for a while, so can't do it until the following morning.

I refuse to believe it's "normal" if it hasn't started happening until now. If it's a broken vacuum seal, I shold be able to find it, if it's just air rushing through a hole. I'll check it out and report back, as it seems like no one's found a definite answer for this problem and I've spent the past one hour reading up online about it.

But it happens to a lot of cars, just by reading online.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #72
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
39k and I don't have the noise. Curious about what you find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #73
Jenny-2012

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS
My whistling happened at all times of the day, it was more noticeable in the morning/night when it was quiet outside. The whistling seemed to come out from behind the dashboard/steering wheel area.

I was persistent with my dealership about the whistling from my car and got an experienced technician to drive around with me... this was after I had tried to get them to listen to some recordings. I was almost positive it had to do with the steering because it would get louder as the steering wheel was being turned.

The technician told me that it was the plastic intake. He said that there's probably defect/bump in the plastic that's causing the whistling. He also said that a lot of GM trucks had this issue at higher revs (mine was at a very low rev). He pointed out that when stopped, the whistling gone/faint, but as soon as the revs get a little higher, the whistling will start.

I hope this helps someone.
Jenny-2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #74
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
I have the same sound. I think its the belt when it sits for a while and its cold...
Old 12-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #75
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos30 View Post
I have the same sound. I think its the belt when it sits for a while and its cold...
Mine has a noise when started after it sits for a while (or overnight) but it is not a whistling noise. It sounds like a belt (not sure, though) and it's more like a slight grinding and not a whistling. It has been doing this a loooonnngg time so I just assumed it's normal.

Anybody have that?

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote