Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 03-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #29
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis RS View Post
What kind of toys you get? You got to remember we are all used of driving in Chitown where you need to book it or get run over. Plus those hills and turns are a little more fun when you can feel them.

I talked to Mark who had the VR camaro when we did grumpy troll. He said hes definitely in again. I was talking to him about getting more of us local guys together on the weekend. even if its just a short 20-30 minutes cruise somewhere for lunch or what not. I'm thinking of starting a "Club" here just to give us more options. I love driving with C5G but just need some more "country" cruises rather than "city" cruises.

To everyone else, a couple of us Beloit guys are thinking about Lunch one weekend in April once the weather is going in the right direction to pick a lunch destination and just cruise there.
Headers, black ice, sways, lowering springs, new wheels and tires and maybe a revamp of the comete ehaust.

April is out two track days, big show booth at jefferson, pirellie learn and drive event, about a million other things I am missing.

Jefferson car show is usually wet in the spring but if the weather is nice makes for a good car show.
Macrackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #30
Mantis RS
Cool Kid on Campus

Drives: 2011 SGM 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrackie View Post
Headers, black ice, sways, lowering springs, new wheels and tires and maybe a revamp of the comete ehaust.

April is out two track days, big show booth at jefferson, pirellie learn and drive event, about a million other things I am missing.

Jefferson car show is usually wet in the spring but if the weather is nice makes for a good car show.
Nice...the Jefferson one is the swap meet/show one right? I'm looking at the black ice and ported tb, and eventually some headers. I got to keep my eye open more often here on C5 for someone demodding. I just spend most of my time over on C5G.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:49 AM   #31
Camaro_34

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS
Madison here.
Camaro_34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #32
Mantis RS
Cool Kid on Campus

Whats up...let me know whos in for an April lunch in the South Central...Beloit to Madison region...we will definitely get something going.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #33
cbuchak2000

Drives: 2011 Triple Black 2SS 6spd Vert,
Waterford here - just 30 minutes southwest of Milwaukee. My wife and I would love to join a Wisconsin based club if one was started up, and definitely would be up for some cruises or meets. Only twenty minutes from Gus's in Franklin so could definitely be there. Also will be in Jefferson for the show this spring.

Anyone interested in starting a club I'd be more than happy to help with anything you need!
cbuchak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #34
Mantis RS
Cool Kid on Campus

I don't mind looking into getting a club going [I'm also part of Chicago5thGen] (if we have enough interest to actually do events -- have alot say they want to get together but never respond when you try to set something up). At least for the Southern Wisco crowd and we can hold cruise and meets anywhere between Madison and Milwaukee. Gus's is awesome. I have a spot in Janesville we can meet up, and I can most likely get us some reserved parking if I let him know enough ahead of time.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #35
Camaro_34

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS
Would be interested as well. Is there enough interest for a southern Wisconsin group. Never really been a member of a true physical car group.
Camaro_34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #36
Mantis RS
Cool Kid on Campus

Know how many people you can get interested in Madison area. There are a few of us down here that would be willing to drive to get a group started. Lets think up a name to get started and get some interest. I would definitely like to do some more gatherings in Wisconsin.

Last edited by Mantis RS; 03-17-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Mantis RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #37
cbuchak2000

Its always tough to get these things started because everyone's summer gets booked up so fast, but we should give it a shot. If we can come up with a name and then see how much of a response we get. I can always be reached at (262) 957-0437.

Thanks,
Chad
Old 03-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #38
Mantis RS
Cool Kid on Campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbuchak2000 View Post
Its always tough to get these things started because everyone's summer gets booked up so fast, but we should give it a shot. If we can come up with a name and then see how much of a response we get. I can always be reached at (262) 957-0437.

Thanks,
Chad

I definitely agree. Even if we can start with some impromptu hangouts. Within an hour drive, we can do evening hangouts for dinner or lunch on the weekends, even if we don't do a full fledge cruise.

I'll send you my cell in a PM, we will definitely get together sometime next month when the weather starts warming up.

Between now and then anyone that's interested in a club, help with suggestions for a name. (Stay region specific or encompass all of the south from Madison to Milwaukee and south. Then we can start talking to shops/businesses for support with doing t-shirts/decals and hosting events. I know of a Speed shop in Waukesha that already wants to hold a 5th Gen BBQ event at their shop over the summer.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #39
Mantis RS
Cool Kid on Campus

Anybody up for lunch Next Saturday afternoon in Madison or maybe like Johnson creek to make it more central for everyone. It's supposed to be in the 50s. We can all finally meet each other and talk about getting a club going.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2013, 01:55 AM   #40
WANABEE

Drives: 2012 Transformer Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis RS View Post
Anyone interested in having a meet in Janesville or maybe even Madison? I know the GM for the Janesville Hooters that I can talk to...and would be able to reserve some parking and store space to hangout for lunch, or any suggestions for anyone else that has any connections. I just want to put this out there now as the spring/summer can get busy quick. I generally run with the Chicago5thGen group, but would like to get out and meet some more Wisconsin people to hang out with.

I'm in Monroe, My auto cocoon shoould be sprouting from under the cover soon and would love to get together with others for a real cruise. we have a couple car shows that are smaller but growing, I'd love to flood the "Cars on the Square" with Camaros! if interested I think the 1st one is the 2nd Sat of June it is free. Our local DQ also has a cruise night every Saturday night for a couple months in the summer ( not sure why they call it cruise night they just park)
WANABEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:15 AM   #41
cbuchak2000

Can we start to get a running list of everyone in Wisconsin, or Northern Illinois interested in getting this going? If you are interested shoot me a pm and I will start compiling a list.

Like Mantis said, if we get enough support/members, not only can we organize meets/cruises/activities, but we can also start to align ourselves with some local shops that may provide discounts on parts/service as well as help us get t shirts and a logo going. It could turn in to a really great resource for all of us.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #42
Mantis RS
Cool Kid on Campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANABEE View Post
I'm in Monroe, My auto cocoon shoould be sprouting from under the cover soon and would love to get together with others for a real cruise. we have a couple car shows that are smaller but growing, I'd love to flood the "Cars on the Square" with Camaros! if interested I think the 1st one is the 2nd Sat of June it is free. Our local DQ also has a cruise night every Saturday night for a couple months in the summer ( not sure why they call it cruise night they just park)
Very cool. Mos def, I know the few of us Beloit guys would definitely head out that direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbuchak2000 View Post
Can we start to get a running list of everyone in Wisconsin, or Northern Illinois interested in getting this going? If you are interested shoot me a pm and I will start compiling a list.

Like Mantis said, if we get enough support/members, not only can we organize meets/cruises/activities, but we can also start to align ourselves with some local shops that may provide discounts on parts/service as well as help us get t shirts and a logo going. It could turn in to a really great resource for all of us.
Yea, that sounds like a plan Chad. Lets set up a google doc, so that we both can have access to it to add people. Plus any other ideas we want to jot down in a word doc. I really would like to see this get off, so that we have more opportunities to enjoy our cars. I know alot of Sundays for me will be spent in Janesville out of obligation. I am buddies with the GM of Hooters in Janesville and he is having me do the photography for the cruise afternoons hes setting up. (can't say no to a buddy and free food...lol) In fact, in the next couple of weeks he wants to get my car with some of the girls for a photo to have made into a banner to promote the cruise day.

If the weather looks up for next weekend, Zip5131 and I are trying to see if we can get anyone interested to meet for lunch in the afternoon. (don't have to bring out car, but at least meet and getting the ball rolling if you will)