Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #15
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Here you go OP:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309028

Yes 5.0 Mustangs are faster in a straight line, especially the automatics, with the same driver. If this is the most important thing to you, then the 1LE is not for you. Buy a Mustang 5.0 automatic.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #16
Arodr395

Drives: 2014 Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Here you go OP:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309028

Yes 5.0 Mustangs are faster in a straight line, especially the automatics, with the same driver. If this is the most important thing to you, then the 1LE is not for you. Buy a Mustang 5.0 automatic.
The 5.0's automatics are not faster then the 1LE. The automatics for the 5.0 are slushbox's just like the Camaro. Now if you change gears for the automatic then that's a different story.
Arodr395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:24 PM   #17
BDBiker

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
I ordered my 1LE and the wait was well worth it. This car is so much fun to drive and I get compliments on it everywhere I stop. Where I live, the 1LE is a rare car at this time, Mustangs are much more common. It all comes down to personal choice, make the decision that will make you happy and don't worry about what the rest of us think.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #18
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arodr395 View Post
The 5.0's automatics are not faster then the 1LE. The automatics for the 5.0 are slushbox's just like the Camaro. Now if you change gears for the automatic then that's a different story.
Sorry but you are mistaken. A friend of mine has one and I run with him at the track often. With no tune and no manual shifting in good air it runs 12.4s @ 114. It was at the time dead stock including tires.

Granted, I am not the best driver, but my 1LE ran a best of 13.4 @ 106 so far. It's not even close. However my 1LE is a ton of fun to drive. I don't care if the Mustang is faster, I knew that when I bought my 1LE.

If we went head to head on a road track it would not even be close the other way. I like that Internet victory better.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #19
Arodr395

Drives: 2014 Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Sorry but you are mistaken. A friend of mine has one and I run with him at the track often. With no tune and no manual shifting in good air it runs 12.4s @ 114. It was at the time dead stock including tires.

Granted, I am not the best driver, but my 1LE ran a best of 13.4 @ 106 so far. It's not even close. However my 1LE is a ton of fun to drive. I don't care if the Mustang is faster, I knew that when I bought my 1LE.

If we went head to head on a road track it would not even be close the other way. I like that Internet victory better.
Lmao so your saying a stock 5.0 automatic can go as fast as a boss 302 in the quarter mile? I call bs either on you or on your friend.

Arodr395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #20
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
It's just an SS with some additional features/options. If the package contains anything that you like or planned on getting anyway, then it's a no brainer. There is no downside.

No one needs to sell the package, it sells itself. If you seriously don't know if you want the package or not, then it's likely not for you. Save you money and get an SS.

And yes, I would buy it again.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #21
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
I don't understand the unending comparisons ... this car is faster on a straight line ... so what? Ferraris, a bugatti veron, corvette ZR1, lambo .... are faster too. so what? The day i'll have the fastest car around, still a jet fighter or a space rocket will be faster anyway!!

I bought a car, not a drag racing beast. Otherwise i would have bought a rocket.

Couldn't care less about mustangs, porsches, bmws ... My car is great, perfect .. for me.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #22
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffyluv View Post
I just bought a 1LE today... and I am tickled pink to finally have one!
Congrats to you scruffyluv!

You will be quite impressed with the 1LE. Post pictures when you have a chance !

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #23
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arodr395 View Post
Lmao so your saying a stock 5.0 automatic can go as fast as a boss 302 in the quarter mile? I call bs either on you or on your friend.
Call BS all you want on me, it happened last fall at Atco T&T nights. The runs were backed up on two different nights. Good track prep, good air. The driver is an older guy who doesn't go on the Internet. No manual shifting, just stab and steer.

Doubt if he has the slips, but I could ask if it really matters to you. I understand your doubts, I did not believe it myself until I saw his slips and then he backed it up by crushing my '11 bolt on LS3. I know, I should have been able to match his times, but I cannot launch my car(s) with any consistency. At least my bolt on LS3 could run with the stock 5.0 Mustang manuals.

More recently he added DRs (low profile ones, that do not hook) CAI, and a "tune" from a local tuner to his '13 GT. This year he is running 12.6-12.9 on these hot summer nights. Now he tells me he doesn't believe in CAIs or tunes. Funny.

But do you doubt that a 5.0 Mustang auto is faster than a stock LS3? You should not. As for me I still do not believe 1LEs are faster that other LS3s. Still waiting for some fuse pull runs with mine. Dyno runs are fun for Internet racing and measuring mods, but it is the track where things are proven.

Last edited by Fraxum; 07-29-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #24
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
It's just an SS with some additional features/options.
It is that, but it helps to explain that those features, the 1LE is the option, are all geared toward running fast on a track with curves. And that the 1LE is a great starting point to build a Modded Camaro. The downsides are expensive tires that will wear out fast and a bit stiffer ride.

Also the 1LE should not be be driven when it is under 20 degrees F, or the tires might crack.

If you are looking for an every day car the straight SS is a better choice.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #25
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Drives: 2015 ZL1
We had a 12' SS/RS 45th Anniversary before and when we started looking again at a fun car we were looking hard at a new Boss. After searching, not finding a dealer willing to deal on one we went back to looking over the 13' Camaro offerings. I could have bought a ZL1 but didn't want to spend the extra coin, read up on the details for the 1LE and at that point it was a no brainer.

We've had bought two Mustangs new back in the day (01' GT and 03 Mach1) and they were alright for what they were intended for. We'd looked at the 5.0 before buying the 12' SS but just couldn't make the step. Deep down inside we're both Bow Tie fans but it doesn't mean we wouldn't cross party lines if one offers what we're looking for.

My vote for now goes to the 1LE over a GT/Boss. Maybe when the Blue Oval steps up with IRS I'll look them over again. I'm more of a corner carver than a 1/4 mile guy so handling is key for me.
t&t moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #26
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by t&t moyer View Post
My vote for now goes to the 1LE over a GT/Boss. Maybe when the Blue Oval steps up with IRS I'll look them over again. I'm more of a corner carver than a 1/4 mile guy so handling is key for me.
Me too. Still learning the carving, but the drags are fun and it is much cheaper to play there. But I wish I could afford one of each. I hear the Boss is a blast to drive. A wild thing.

And the fact that one is faster than the other in different environment matters to only Internet racing. Fun to drive is the key point and why we buy these cars.