Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
woody

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS 1LT
Squeaky Rattling noise only when accelerating

Just got my Camaro RS 1LT a little over a month ago after waiting three months for it. It was running great until about 1000 miles and then I heard this squeaking and rattling noise only when I accelerate. Its pretty loud almost to the point where the car next to me with their windows up can hear it. Ive taken it to two dealerships with the first one saying they didn’t know what was wrong and the second said it was the high press injection pump and the noise was normal. It sounds more like a squeaky belt and not a high press injection pump. Anyone else have this problem or any suggestions of what it is/ what I should do?
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
gtc352
Gtc352

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro 2010 GMC Sierra
My noise

I have a 2SS and it started making a vibration noise around 1500 miles. It actually sounds like the license plate isn't secured. Usually around 1300 RPM's it will make a rattling noise coming from the rear of the car. It quickly goes away when I accelerate thru that RPM range. i don't believe it's a drivetrain issue because it will do it when I first start the engine with it in neutral. Not sure if this is the same sound you are hearing?
gtc352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
If it is the belt, your car doesn't have to be moving to test it. Sit at idle and stab on the gas quickly and if you hear the squeal, it is the belt. If it is, don't assume it is the belt that is bad, it could be but it could also be the belt tensioner going bad and not keeping the correct belt tension.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #4
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc352 View Post
I have a 2SS and it started making a vibration noise around 1500 miles. It actually sounds like the license plate isn't secured. Usually around 1300 RPM's it will make a rattling noise coming from the rear of the car. It quickly goes away when I accelerate thru that RPM range. i don't believe it's a drivetrain issue because it will do it when I first start the engine with it in neutral. Not sure if this is the same sound you are hearing?
yep, got this one too. But mine is at about 900rpm. Happens especially during cold starts where it idles high for a few seconds then as the needle comes down to about 900 rpm, a vibration rattle sound happens for 2 seconds then goes away as the needle settles at 500rpm. I can rev it back up to 900 but the vibration rattle doesn't happen anymore until again, in the next cold start.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #5
woody

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
If it is the belt, your car doesn't have to be moving to test it. Sit at idle and stab on the gas quickly and if you hear the squeal, it is the belt. If it is, don't assume it is the belt that is bad, it could be but it could also be the belt tensioner going bad and not keeping the correct belt tension.
I have the temp tag still on so that cant be it but I sat in idle and stabbed on the gas and the higher the RPM's the louder the noise got. Thanks!
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #6
FC_GIBB

Drives: 2012 Impala LTZ
:( I have <500miles on my V6. I just got my camaro a couple days ago, I had the same thing happen today. it squeals when gas is applied on the road and also while in neutral, around 2k RPM, but it is not constant, it will go away and come back.
sucks that I only had it a couple days and its having problems.
hope this isn't a sign of things to come :(

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "'The United States of America", for an amount "up to, and including my life". That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it.
FC_GIBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:00 PM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc352 View Post
Have you checke your spoiler nuts lately? you may have lost one in the trunklid...

1500 miles on ours and no funny noises at all...
Old 06-17-2010, 03:45 PM   #8
ediselec24

Drives: lt 1 silver
im having the same issue with mine bought mine in march, have 5k on it and it just started to rattle under neath the rear seat any body have any idea on what it is yet?
ediselec24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:48 PM   #9
Lasean

Drives: 2010 Black V6 RS
Rattling Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediselec24 View Post
im having the same issue with mine bought mine in march, have 5k on it and it just started to rattle under neath the rear seat any body have any idea on what it is yet?
I just purchased my car in 9/2010. I have 5k on it and also have a rattling noise coming from under the car when driving at low speed over bumps. Have you found out anything yet?
Lasean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #10
TestDrive

Drives: 2012 2lt Anniversary Edition
I have a rattling sound when I hold the gas steady. It sounds like a loose c clamp but I know its not. Dealer said its the gas. I don''t think so because i have a v6
TestDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:29 PM   #11
Vai

Drives: In the process of buying a Cam
Mine was the heat shield located right behind the engine on the passenger side towards the bottom corner. If you pop the hood and look at the corner you should see the heat shield. I would have someone hold the rpm stead and listen to see if the noise if coming from there. The guy I took my car to said that he gets lots of camaros with the same problem and they are all similar and in the same area.

Might be worth a try to check it out at least.
Good luck!
Vai is offline   Reply With Quote