Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
Vjc834

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Screw in my tire

I got my first flat tire today. I don't know if the tire is ruined. I pulled the screw out and plugged he hole. I want to get the car to the dealer Friday morning so they can change my HUD display. I don't know if I should replace that tire or buy 4 all weather tires.
Attached Images

Vjc834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
I had one at the track last friday. Plugged it and raced for hours afterwards. Ur fine, save the coin.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Edit: You should be fine! What do you mean by having the dealer change your HUD?
Old 07-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
DRAIL'D

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS 1LE
The HUD IS prob annoying just like mine. I never use it but you can still see the reflection from the glass inside the unit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
DRAIL'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #5
Vjc834

My HUD fades out when I drive. It happened one week after I got the car and one week after that. I took it to the dealer and they said they would check with Chevrolet for a software update that might fix the issue and then came back out and said they were going to replace the HUD. When I took it back after the first occurrence they said they couldn't do anything unless it happened while they drove it. When it happened the second time I was able to video it and after they watched the video they said that was a big help seeing it happen. It seems to be a common problem but nobody has had any success getting the issue fixed. Some have had their HUD replaced and some even had their infotainment systems replaced . Others were told it was a software problem. There is a thread called HUD display if you want to look into this further.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #6
Vjc834

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
I had one at the track last friday. Plugged it and raced for hours afterwards. Ur fine, save the coin.
Nice. Thanks. I will leave it on and see how long it lasts.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #7
FireCracker
Banned

Drives: a car
Boo I noticed a nail in my tire a couple days ago.. It not leaking or anything.. Should I leave it or try to plug it?
FireCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #8
supercharged zl1

Drives: '13 camaro zl1 '08 daytona charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCracker View Post
Boo I noticed a nail in my tire a couple days ago.. It not leaking or anything.. Should I leave it or try to plug it?
You should plug it
supercharged zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vjc834 View Post
I got my first flat tire today. I don't know if the tire is ruined. I pulled the screw out and plugged he hole. I want to get the car to the dealer Friday morning so they can change my HUD display. I don't know if I should replace that tire or buy 4 all weather tires.
Wow,

Sorry to hear about your flat tire. Hope you're doing alright as a result. Keep us posted on the tire fix and let us know if you need additional assistance.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #10
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
My HUD fades out when I drive. It happened one week after I got the car and one week after that. I took it to the dealer and they said they would check with Chevrolet for a software update that might fix the issue and then came back out and said they were going to replace the HUD. When I took it back after the first occurrence they said they couldn't do anything unless it happened while they drove it. When it happened the second time I was able to video it and after they watched the video they said that was a big help seeing it happen. It seems to be a common problem but nobody has had any success getting the issue fixed. Some have had their HUD replaced and some even had their infotainment systems replaced . Others were told it was a software problem. There is a thread called HUD display if you want to look into this further.
I had no idea. I don't get to drive mine much, but will keep an eye out.

Thanks for the info!

And sorry for the threadjack lol
Old 07-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #11
Vjc834

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Wow,

Sorry to hear about your flat tire. Hope you're doing alright as a result. Keep us posted on the tire fix and let us know if you need additional assistance.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I plugged the tire for now. I am going to look into all weather tires for the winter. I don't plan on driving it too much in the winter but it is so much fun to drive it is hard to leave it in the garage when I am going somewhere. My previous Camaro was 35 months old and I only had 8,400 miles on it. When I traded it in I said I was going to drive this one more.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #12
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCracker View Post
Because of the time consumption/hate having to patch.. i usually put it off until i'm having to pump air more than once a week. Had this happen twice in 4 months and it sure is annoying. I feel like i'm a nail magnet since the other 7 years i haven't owned a Camaro I've had nail issues twice. I've still got 2 nails in the front passenger tire and that's because i don't have a jack... first car I've owned that doesn't have a jack smh..

free air at Hess gas stations ftw!
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #13
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Depends on where in the tread the screw went through.

You shouldn't patch/plug holes out into the shoulder, which is admittedly a judgment call. The constant flexing there will work the repair too hard.

Even DIY plugs will hold up just fine in street driving, though I wouldn't want to test them for 20 minutes at a time driving hard laps around the road courses at NJMP/Millville.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #14
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
I was there and saw it. happened in the first session of the day. He went back out and hit it HARD 40 minutes later and 5 more 20 min sessions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Depends on where in the tread the screw went through.

You shouldn't patch/plug holes out into the shoulder, which is admittedly a judgment call. The constant flexing there will work the repair too hard.

Even DIY plugs will hold up just fine in street driving, though I wouldn't want to test them for 20 minutes at a time driving hard laps around the road courses at NJMP/Millville.
See above, I have done the same thing on bike at mid-ohio, see avatar