Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
MustbeaCamaro
MustbeaCamaro

Drives: "La Bamba" 2SS/RS Blue Ray Met 1LE
Cool Did I get a good price for 1LE in Northern California

I just bought my brand new 2013 Camaro BRM/2SS/RS/1LE/Navigation/Dual Exhaust PPN in the San Francisco bay area in June of 2013. I paid $40,100 (included in that price is already a reduction of $1000 rebate + $500 bonus), however this $40,100 does not include sales tax or license. Is this a good price for the area? I know a good price in one region, may not be a good in another?

As aside note, the previous night from when I actually bought the car at this price I was at the dealership with the same sales manager and I had thought he agreed with me on a price of $38,600 (again including the $1500 rebate and bonus). Nothing in writing unfortunately, the notes were on a piece of paper they had. When I came back the next morning to close the deal. They basically said I misunderstood and the price was $41600 which they claim was already an adjusted sale price below invoice and said with the $1500 rebate and bonus they gave me the final price was approximately $40,100. I was ticked off. But I signed the contract and took the deal because I wanted a 2013 1LE. After walking out the door I came back later in the afternoon with a heavy case of buyer's remorse and tried to get them to rewrite the contact for the $38,600 because I was sure I did not misunderstand and they agreed to that price originally. This same guy claimed he already gave me a price at under invoice at $40,100. He said he felt offended because he said he never offered an adjusted price of 40,100 then giving me a $1500 rebate and bonus making the final price $38,600, before tax and license. I told him that is exactly what I remembered. I also told him I felt he should at least give me a little something off since I also bought a 6 year, 100,000 mile bumper to bumper GM Lifeguard Warranty for an additional $2250 without to much debate. He refused and He went on to say he gave me the best deal possible and you know we're not making any money on this, etc. He also offered to tear-up the contract and give me back my money, no harm no foul and we part as friends (by the way 90% percent of the deal I paid in cash). I looked at him and thought, ok , this is it, I've push it as far as I can and I really want this particular model and flavor car. Do I take a chance no more 2013s will be available in the exact 1LE flavor like this one since they are already taking order on 2014s or do I suck it up.

So I swallowed my pride and told him I reconsidered and I will stick with the deal because I do like this car and apologized for getting a little irate but said I honestly understood our previous dealings differently. In the back of my mind I was really thinking at least I got the 1LE I wanted and at a price that's not list.

Sorry for the tirade, as you can see I'm not totally settled with it, since I felt I gave up a lot. You see I was originally looking at Mustangs and I had already ordered a Ford Mustang GT with Track Pack and Equivalent other options for less money than the 1LE but on the suggestion of GM friends, they said I owed to myself to try the Camaro. The thing was I never had a Camaro before (I did have a mustang GT before).

Well when I test drove a 2SS and 1LE two separate times, I was sold. I really loved the way the current 2SS/RS/ 1LE Camaro looks, handles and sounds with the dual exhaust package. Even thought the interior dash and side panels in my opinion are a little cheap looking compared with the Mustang. And there was the Low Octane issue. The dealer put 87 in it. I had to reset the map with the "pull fuse solution" and put in 91 octane (best you can get in California).

Long story longer, I still totally happy with the car. I would not trade it for the 2014 mustang GT I was going to get.

So my question again, did I get a good price for the region of the country I'm in at $40,100 with the options listed (including the $1500 bonus and rebate in that price), without tax and license.

By the way I bought the Bumper to Bumper at $2250 for 6 years, 100K miles because I have had terrible luck with the last couple of cars I've bought. Was this a good deal as well since they initially offered this Warranty at $3200?

Thanks Much
Again sorry for the rant.
MustbeaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
giant_g2

Drives: '13 1LE, '89 Caprice
File a complaint with the business association if they switched the price on you. Make some noise.
giant_g2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
Abdi
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LE
I think you got a fair deal for your region. Not the best or the worst.
Abdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
sdmbdad71

Drives: 2013 VR 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP
If I were you, I wouldn't sweat it now. You've got a GREAT car!!!

Don't let sour grapes taint your experience, just enjoy your ride. If you still feel like you got a bum deal when you're ready to buy another, go somewhere else.

By looking at your options, if you overpaid at all, it couldn't have been much.

Did I mention that you got a GREAT car??? Cheers!
sdmbdad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #5
charlie46

Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
$500 more or less is immaterial , whats more important is you got the car you wanted with the options you wanted! Enjoy the ride!
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
schecter7

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
You got a pretty good deal on $43500 MSRP car (based on the options you listed), buddy. The supplier price after rebate is 40,500 - you've beaten that

You could get a better deal if 2014s were already in the lot. But hey, they could have run out of 2013s then, right?

Warranty price looks good too. I was quoted around $2300 for five years.

Congrats on the car! I'd happily pay the same price for your car - BRM is awesome.
schecter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #7
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
I agree with the others- you have an amazing car, these 1LEs are remarkable bargains. At the track, I passed a bunch of cars more expensive than mine, including several M3s, a few Porches including a Carrera S, a GT40 and a bunch of Boss 302s. This car is phenomenal, especially at the price.

Since you asked, I paid $3,670 below an MSRP of $39,570 about a month ago, but I had to go to So Cal to get that deal. The dealer that I purchased from had 6 1LE's on the lot, which was more than I could find in all of Nor Cal. I paid about $300 for the flight and room, plus gas to drive it home. I don't count that, it was a fun road trip!

A little distraction for you- these cars are fun, you won't regret buying it...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308953
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:00 PM   #8
MustbeaCamaro
MustbeaCamaro

I know, I feel like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant_g2 View Post
File a complaint with the business association if they switched the price on you. Make some noise.
Man I feel like it, but I just had an accident two weeks ago and fell off a ladder in my garage. I will be flat on my back for the next 3 to 4 weeks after the reconstructive ACL surgery I just had on my knee two days ago. I won't be able to drive for at least that time and to tell you the truth its knocked a little wind out of my sails. I'm feeling now, like, "don't sweat the little stuff". I got what I wanted, I didn't pay list and next time I buy a Chevy (we may be buying an SUV next year) I won't go there. I'll check with my new Camaro brethren on where the best deal's and support are.

Now that I have vented I feel like enjoying life again and starting to plan on any modifications or accessories I may want for the future. Oh and of course enjoying my new ride. Or at least when I'm well enough to drive it again.

Did I mention my young son (early 20s) is charging the battery every few days for an hour to keep it tuned up? Or so he tells me. Ha Ha, Lucky Kid. If I was up and around he wouldn't get the chance for a year.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:47 AM   #9
1leNPP

Drives: 1LE , 1SS , NPP
Hello
my last car was a 2011GT mustang and I have to say I really think GM hurt them self will the big plastics sliver door panels on the doors of the 2SS cars , to me they make the car look cheap . That one of reasons I got a 1SS car. That and the plastics use in the center console just dose not feel good to the touch other than that it really is a Great Car.
1leNPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:06 AM   #10
FJ60

Drives: '13 2SS RS 1LE ; '85 Landcruiser
I emailed dealers from Sacramento to San Jose this past March and the best price I received was $41,800 for a summit white with your options plus a sunroof from an East Bay dealer. However, I only got $1000 cash back and had to wait 7 weeks for delivery. Price-wise we're about even, and I'm happy with what I paid. Besides, you're able to admire your new beauty immediately. Believe me, the wait was nearly unbearable.
FJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:28 AM   #11
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
I had to order my car and wait for them to build and ship it. I did not buy a 2SS, but the car I got was worth the wait and price I payed. I don't think there is much if any wiggle room on these special model cars so actually getting below invoice is a great bargain especially in Northern CA where everything has a premium on it seems. So good job!! Sorry to hear about your injuries. Get better so you can drive it.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:22 AM   #12
MustbeaCamaro
MustbeaCamaro

Hello Orange Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
I agree with the others- you have an amazing car, these 1LEs are remarkable bargains. At the track, I passed a bunch of cars more expensive than mine, including several M3s, a few Porches including a Carrera S, a GT40 and a bunch of Boss 302s. This car is phenomenal, especially at the price.

Since you asked, I paid $3,670 below an MSRP of $39,570 about a month ago, but I had to go to So Cal to get that deal. The dealer that I purchased from had 6 1LE's on the lot, which was more than I could find in all of Nor Cal. I paid about $300 for the flight and room, plus gas to drive it home. I don't count that, it was a fun road trip!

A little distraction for you- these cars are fun, you won't regret buying it...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308953
Thanks Orange Crush and to the other guys on this thread for reminding me why I got this car. It is an amazing car for the price, even at the price I paid. As some-one said, "not the best but not the worst price". I'm not going to let that sales experience spoil my enjoyment. I plan on enjoying it a lot more once I get off my crutches as I mention in a previous quote in this thread.

By the way, I too have been to Willow Thunder Hill but in a old 2001 Porsche 911 cab I use to own. I also have taken a course there. I'm looking forward to getting out there again and looking into other courses mentioned in this thread in other locations. May be I'll see you out there.

Regards
Old 07-27-2013, 04:37 AM   #13
MustbeaCamaro
MustbeaCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ60 View Post
I emailed dealers from Sacramento to San Jose this past March and the best price I received was $41,800 for a summit white with your options plus a sunroof from an East Bay dealer. However, I only got $1000 cash back and had to wait 7 weeks for delivery. Price-wise we're about even, and I'm happy with what I paid. Besides, you're able to admire your new beauty immediately. Believe me, the wait was nearly unbearable.
Yeah, I think I'm starting to realize now maybe that was not the worst price for the Bay Area at least.
Thanks
Old 07-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #14
Mmar88

Drives: 2013 BRM 2SS/RS/1LE/NPP/NAV
I think you got a good deal....I bought the exact same car as you msrp was $43,575 gm friends and family had $3000 in rebates so that'd put it at $40,575 then it was about another $1,800 off for the gm discount put me at about $38,600 so idk if maybe they gave you the price including the gm discount or what but that's pretty much the same rebates I got
Mmar88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good price, price camaro, price camaro 1le, price in california, price in northern california