Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
g8trbait
Account Suspended

Drives: 13 2SS RS 1LE
Hood wrap

Hello to all,

Just purchased my 1le 2 1/2 weeks ago. Must say i love it. But i am at a cross roads with the whole hood wrap thing. I know it is the one of the unique things that make it was it is, and when i first saw it i was ooo'd by it. But now i keep debating to take it off. I originally didn't know what a 1le was until i figured out that a zl1 was not quite in the budget. So the when i asked if i could get a black ss with zl1 one rims, he told me that" Ive got a zl1 without a super charger that would be perfect for you". Needless to say after looking at a few 1le's and craming my brain with internet education, I fell in love with it and bought one a week later. I also chose the white over the black because i loved the contrast so much. and get this, i traded in my Infiniti fx50 and when i switched my insurance it wound up being $7 less a month.

sorry for my off topic rambling, let me get back to the subject. I feel like this hood wrap is almost in the "ricer category". We can all pretend to be "track experts" like so may of us are on this site (), but for the everyday driver the wrap is purely cosmetic. When i see all the ricer guys with all their doo dads trying to trick their car out and I just simply laugh. Now I find myself with having one of those add ons. I have always driven nice cars, I want the car to look serious, clean and all business. I have removed all badges, bow ties. So does anyone else feel this way or is it only me??
Attached Images

Last edited by g8trbait; 07-28-2013 at 12:50 PM.
g8trbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
I honestly think you car looks really good. Clean and subtle.

I'm no ricer. At least I don't consider myself one but I do but different parts for my car from accessories to performance and to my point I don't think my car looks like a ricer. Love the car and always get compliments.

I just do what I feel is right I don't worry what people might think of my Camaro.... I just worry on driving it like I stole it.
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
Cookie Monster
Belle Isle

Drives: 2014 1LE
I would MOST DEFINITELY KEEP the hood wrap. I think is the signature of the 1LE and really tops it off. Back when I first seen it, I thought the hood wrap made the car look incomplete, but I dont think I could have been more wrong, And is more reason why I decided to purchase the 1LE
Not to mention, I think white is the best color to have with the 1LE package. The contrast between the 2 colors is just terrific. KEEP IT!!!

Credit to xVengeancex28
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
Phorecyte

Drives: Black 1SS/RS 1LE
The black hood serves a purpose, its to reduce glare. In a road racing and track situations this is really important, but honestly I dont like be blinded during everyday driving either so w/e. I like it.
Phorecyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by g8trbait View Post
Hello to all,

Just purchased my 1le 2 1/2 weeks ago. Must say i love it. But i am at a cross roads with the whole hood wrap thing. I know it is the one of the unique things that make it was it is, and when i first saw it i was ooo'd by it. But now i keep debating to take it off. I originally didn't know what a 1le was until i figured out that a zl1 was not quite in the budget. So the when i asked if i could get a black ss with zl1 one rims, he told me that" Ive got a zl1 without a super charger that would be perfect for you". Needless to say after looking at a few 1le's and craming my brain with internet education, I fell in love with it and bought one a week later. I also chose the white over the black because i loved the contrast so much. and get this, i traded in my Infiniti fx50 and when i switched my insurance it wound up being $7 less a month.

sorry for my off topic rambling, let me get back to the subject. I feel like this hood wrap is almost in the "ricer category". We can all pretend to be "track experts" like so may of us are on this site (), but for the everyday driver the wrap is purely cosmetic. When i see all the ricer guys with all their doo dads trying to trick their car out and I just simply laugh. Now I find myself with having one of those add ons. I have always driven nice cars, I want the car to look serious, clean and all business. I have removed all badges, bow ties. So does anyone else feel this way or is it only me??
g8trbait,

Welcome to Camaro5 and congratulations on your 2013 Camaro SS/1LE! The car looks fantastic and has a nice uniqueness to it. You're going to enjoy it for a very long time! Feel free to message us if you have any questions.

All the best,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
Prairieguy

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
My wrap will be coming off as soon as I receive the car. I am having a blade spoiler installed and proper painted rally stripes put on--in my opinion that is how a Camaro should look. It doesn't matter what the rest of us think though--it is what you like that counts.
Prairieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
SS1LE
2013 Camaro SS 1LE

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
I agree with you on this, especially the color. Glad I got white, love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
I would MOST DEFINITELY KEEP the hood wrap. I think is the signature of the 1LE and really tops it off. Back when I first seen it, I thought the hood wrap made the car look incomplete, but I dont think I could have been more wrong, And is more reason why I decided to purchase the 1LE
Not to mention, I think white is the best color to have with the 1LE package. The contrast between the 2 colors is just terrific. KEEP IT!!!
SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #8
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
When I ordered mine I was about 75% positive that I would rip off the wrap once I got it. Once I saw the car it had to stay. It is a very subdued look on a black car. I love the look on the cars where it contrasts the body color.

If it were me and I thought I didn't want the wrap I would be VERY sure it cost nothing to remove but it's probably around $500 to replace (re wrap) the flat black hood. Also if the hood wrap goes the rear spoiler needs to either be changed or repainted body color.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #9
BDBiker

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
I like the wrap as it sets the car apart from the other Camaros, I did as Prairieguy said and installed the Blade spoiler as soon as I got it home.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #10
schecter7

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Well, I also prefer clean look - that's why I got a black one where the wrap and black wheels don't stand out much. I consider the wrap as a protection film Interestingly, you chose white which is gonna give you the maximum contrast with 1LE stuff.
schecter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #11
Cookie Monster
Belle Isle

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS1LE View Post
I agree with you on this, especially the color. Glad I got white, love it.
Trust me, a year or so from now, your goin to be saying "what was I thinking?" As long as you keep it clean, you'll have no regrets. I heard this "VRT" works wonders on the hood or any vinyl for that matter.
And if you really want to make your 1LE a beast when it comes to looks, you can add the ZL1 rockers Now you're starting to make me wish I had a white 13 1LE

Credit to xVengeancex28
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #12
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/ss...ml?sort=3&o=15. Took mine off. I kept the rear spoiler black, it looks good that way to me and still has a sign that it is a 1le. The average camaro owner don't know the difference much less a dealer. Do what makes you happy.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #13
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/ss...tml?sort=3&o=2. With heritage grill
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #14
fgg60
Sweet Annie!! BRM

Drives: '13 2SS/RS 1LE BRM NPP CF5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
When I ordered mine I was about 75% positive that I would rip off the wrap once I got it. Once I saw the car it had to stay. It is a very subdued look on a black car. I love the look on the cars where it contrasts the body color.

If it were me and I thought I didn't want the wrap I would be VERY sure it cost nothing to remove but it's probably around $500 to replace (re wrap) the flat black hood. Also if the hood wrap goes the rear spoiler needs to either be changed or repainted body color.
Ditto!! Thought I'd rip mine off the minute I got it, but, I love it now!!