Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #1
NeedSpeed

Drives: New Camaro
Arrow Calling All Members :-). What stripe layout for the 2014 Camaros ? ? ? ?

You guys have been a great help so far. I'm getting a new 2014 SS in black. I was thinking of keeping it all black with red calipers and silver wheels.

Now I'm leaning to like a candy apple red caliper paint and matching stripes?

No it's what stripes :-) LoL

I was thinking the stripes I have been see I go. Most Camaros with the little pinstripe around them look good. But none of them are on the roof only hood and trunk???? Why is that?

Would it look better only on the hood and trunk or on the roof to????

I see some that come on to the nose and some that end on the hood? What looks best?

I'm going to have the stripes painted anyone have the specs?

Love to hear what you guys think and any photos are great.

Here is the look I'm looking at

With Roof Stripes

Or

Full Stripes?
NeedSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
Just pull up the different stripes by Googling and decide what you like best. You'll get 50 different opinions here and nobody can tell you what YOU like. Good luck!
Old 07-06-2014, 06:33 PM   #3
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Honestly I vote no stripes, unless you get them painted on. I just pulled them off my 2010 and have to try and do a bit of work to get rid of the ghosting.

I will never put vinyl stripes on a car for this reason, eventually they will have to come off, and you either replace them, or risk being stuck with a ghosting depending on how bad it is.

BTW, the reason I pulled them off is because they can't be waxed, and anytime to polish or anything it requires masking them off. Mine also had gotten some blemishes in them that couldn't be corrected. The good news was being factory stripes the vinyl was pretty beefy and after sitting in the sun they came off quite easily with very little adhesive left.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:56 PM   #4
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I think you can also go to the Chevy "Build my Camaro" http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-spor...-your-own.html site and play around with the different stripe packages on there as well. Just to get an idea of color combos, etc.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:53 PM   #5
SnowyCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Chevy Equinox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructo09 View Post
Honestly I vote no stripes, unless you get them painted on. I just pulled them off my 2010 and have to try and do a bit of work to get rid of the ghosting.

I will never put vinyl stripes on a car for this reason, eventually they will have to come off, and you either replace them, or risk being stuck with a ghosting depending on how bad it is.

BTW, the reason I pulled them off is because they can't be waxed, and anytime to polish or anything it requires masking them off. Mine also had gotten some blemishes in them that couldn't be corrected. The good news was being factory stripes the vinyl was pretty beefy and after sitting in the sun they came off quite easily with very little adhesive left.
If they are glossy stripes you can get wax on them. Only matte you have to be careful. I have matte black stripes on my black car now and just avoid getting wax near them. Before I had silver and actually waxed the vinyl. I wax all my clear bra as well with no issues.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:18 PM   #6
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet

Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M
You should have a look at the Pace car models, as these have the pattern you are asking about. These go from the ground effects to the roof all the way to the back bumper. Keep in mind that these are only in the pace car colors orange and white. Now there are third party companies who make the vinyl stripes and they make them in all of the colors of the paint jobs; blue, silver, gray, white, black, yellow, orange and red. Thought you'd like to know.
Troy Lawson
Old 07-06-2014, 10:41 PM   #7
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowyCamaro View Post
If they are glossy stripes you can get wax on them. Only matte you have to be careful. I have matte black stripes on my black car now and just avoid getting wax near them. Before I had silver and actually waxed the vinyl. I wax all my clear bra as well with no issues.
Mine were indeed matte, way more trouble than they are worth. I bought the car used last September and quickly realized they weren't worth the hassle. I figured gloss might be a different story.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:35 PM   #8
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
I am waiting for something like this for the 2014:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196540
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #9
NeedSpeed

Drives: New Camaro
Yep I'm planning on having the stripes painted on under the clear coat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowyCamaro View Post
NeedSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:18 AM   #10
xRedsox
Night Fury

Drives: 2016 Golf R
This new 14 I am getting has the orange stripe package that might get removed. The inferno orange interior is really nice, but I think the stripes are a little much.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:58 AM   #11
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Carbon fiber. I wrapped my whole hood next is the roof and trunk and matte black spoiler
Old 07-07-2014, 01:49 AM   #12
MSB

Drives: '13 LS3
no stripes!
Old 07-07-2014, 02:35 AM   #13
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
What about some hash marks. Inexpensive and easy install. If you don't like them take off. You'll only be out $50 for both sides. If you go rally stripes get them painted on like others have mentioned.
Attached Images

SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:03 AM   #14
DesertCamaro

Drives: Fast
Yeah I plastidipped mine on to see if I'd like them.
Attached Images