Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-06-2014, 11:22 PM   #1
niteshtadepalli

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LS
Power source from battery at front

I am trying to add fog lights purchased from blinglights to my 2014 LS. The fog lights kit came with all the wiring. From what i understand, there is a red wire which is supposed to be connected to the battery's +ve terminal and a stray black wire which i believe is supposed to be grounded. Both wires are very short in length. Since camaro's have the battery in the trunk, just wondering if there is any power source at the front that i could use for my situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note: The wiring that came with fog lights kit contains a fuse and a relay. They also come with a switch to turn on and off.
niteshtadepalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:59 AM   #2
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshtadepalli View Post
I am trying to add fog lights purchased from blinglights to my 2014 LS. The fog lights kit came with all the wiring. From what i understand, there is a red wire which is supposed to be connected to the battery's +ve terminal and a stray black wire which i believe is supposed to be grounded. Both wires are very short in length. Since camaro's have the battery in the trunk, just wondering if there is any power source at the front that i could use for my situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note: The wiring that came with fog lights kit contains a fuse and a relay. They also come with a switch to turn on and off.
Plenty of places... just look under the hood theres a red plastic cover for jumping the car. Ground I shouldn't have to explain

there are also other places to get power near the fuse box
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
niteshtadepalli

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
Plenty of places... just look under the hood theres a red plastic cover for jumping the car. Ground I shouldn't have to explain

there are also other places to get power near the fuse box
Is the jump start positive terminal hot all the time or only when the car is turned on? I want the fog lights to be on only when the car is turned on.
niteshtadepalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #4
Hawk3907

Drives: 2013
Use the post on the bottom of the fuse box. Super easy to tie in there. And use that as the hot, and tie in the "non hot" cable on your existing fogs so you can control it from the switch. Or another set of lights in the car if you don't have any fogs, so you can control them.

Hawk3907
Hawk3907 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fog lights power wire blinglights