Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 12-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #43
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
If you haven't had your car in to the dealership for updates then shouldn't you be able to use an old R# for your Diablo. Guess I don't understand what the issue is unless you keep taking your car in to the dealership...
My car has the most recent round of ECM updates. It's not that I keep taking my car into the dealer, it was s single time/application of updates... which in turn took away compatibility (at least *full* compatibility) with my Predator. I know it's not the guy I purchased the unit from fault, this is all on Diablo to sport out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy50 View Post
FRUSTRATED. AFM is the only reason i bought the damn thing.I took delivery on sept 19. it was not on the havc recall. it has only been in one time 5 days after i got it, for off the line hesitation.
asfor tearing the trunk liner out, the book that came with this POS said to pull the RADIO ,AMP and somthing else The radio and amp fuses are in the trunk passenger side................Yep..................still frustrated
Right, AFM is my biggy too. Before I did anything though I read (scoured?) the DiabloSports forums for anything 2010 Camaro related. This is where I learned that the only real fuse to pull is the OnStar, this is also where I learned everything else I know about the Predator. It's a great unit, when *full* compatibility is in play... right now, we're in kind of a no man's land though, until DiabloSports gets there act together.

Post on the DiabloSports forums, let's effect change!!

UPDATE: Just read another thread on the DiabloSports forum, apparently "GM just changed to an entire different diagnostic system called Global Diagnostics and ALL the programming companies are working to make the right corrections with their tuners."

We need to be vocal with DiabloSports guys.... this is the only way we are going to see things get back to where they are supposed to be.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:53 AM   #44
Mike@DS

Drives: 99 Z28
Quote:
Who knows How to make the Diablo U7194 turn off the AFM. The help center called it DOD(displacement on demand). I installed the performance tune, it did fine. I can not figure how to turn off the Automatic Fuel Management system. both the supplier and the tech help center said it would turn it off. I tried the custom install, did not give the option.
WHO KNOWS HOW?????
Quote:
nobody told me you had to tear you trunk liner out and pull fuses. still can't figure out how to turn off AFM
It is under the modify tune menu, select DOD, then select off, and then reinstall the tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjk7 View Post
UPDATE / EDIT: Okay, so I downloaded the r12... then updated my Predator. Same thing. The unit is on r12 now but still cannot modify any of the parameters... this tells me their still working out some kinks. My thinking is that it's time for any Diablo owners in this forum to start burning up the threads on the DiabloSport support forum... this is the only way we are going to effect change, as it's on DiabloSports to gets this working for us again.

Unfortunately this doesnt leave a good feeling with me.......I know its not their fault that Gm Keeps changing stuff but.......mine doesnt work yet and it doesnt have all of the features i bought it for yet...........Frustrating
Is this Predator giving you the option to install a performance tune?

I recall your calibration as not being supported currently, so I cant see why it would let you modify parameters...
Mike@DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:05 AM   #45
Number_9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post
It is under the modify tune menu, select DOD, then select off, and then reinstall the tune.

Is this Predator giving you the option to install a performance tune?

I recall your calibration as not being supported currently, so I cant see why it would let you modify parameters...
See my many posts on your board and the lengthy ones above here, Mike. No option to install performance tunes, only to modify the existing (which it doesn't let you do, instead information that parameters are not supported) or install the original tune, which is pointless unless you are wanting to 'divorce' the unit to go with an HP Tune (because your Predator isn't working like it's supposed to.)

Word on your forums is that this is "being worked on" - I heard that too, a few weeks back when r11 bricked my car. You guys were great about getting me going again, thanks again to Vass btw, but how about taking the next step and getting us a product that works?

I am at the track every weekend, Mike. It'd be great if I had good things to say about my Predator again.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #46
full of days

Drives: Camaro GT
This thread has been very informative for a newb looking to purchase a Trinity system. I have heard rumors that the Trinity system was the best dollars money could buy for the new Camaro and this info has helped greatly
full of days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:44 PM   #47
carguy50

Drives: 2SS/RS, Sequntials,Tune,Flomstr,CAI
Diablo needs to step up and get it corrected, fast. Your tech help line should be open on SAT and Sunday 7am to 7pm. That is when most of us have time to work on our cars. For some reason the world expects us to work during your available hours. If you really want our business, you would respect our needs over your own convenient hrs....just my 2 cents
carguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:48 PM   #48
Number_9

Quote:
Diablo needs to step up and get it corrected, fast. Your tech help line should be open on SAT and Sunday 7am to 7pm. That is when most of us have time to work on our cars. For some reason the world expects us to work during your available hours. If you really want our business, you would respect our needs over your own convenient hrs....just my 2 cents
At least some level of support during the weekend for sure. I spoke with them today to confirm that the 2010 Camaro is not *fully* supported by the r11 release... and they said they are working toward having a r12 out that addresses our issues sometime next week (I wonder though, given what next week is!)

Old 12-14-2009, 08:35 PM   #49
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
r12 is out

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:38 PM   #50
Number_9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
r12 is out
r12 is at issue too.. hoping for something good out of r13 though. In fact, you'll notice r12 is no longer available for download.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #51
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Old 12-14-2009, 10:13 PM   #52
jeffny09

hmmm well i dont know as i did not recieve my unit yet-but i was at billyjk7 house when we tryed out the r12 update-totaly worthless and i feel his pain how can we spend this much money on a unit for it not to work??? now accourding to him mine should work cuz i got my car months ago-i dont know-but hes upset and he has every right to be-total nonsense-i dunno

Old 12-14-2009, 10:22 PM   #53
BigHemiSrt
Account Suspended

Drives: 07 Dodge Charger SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Garza View Post
I use to have a charger srt8 and I had an awesome experience with diablo and the people that work for the company. I use to talk to a guy named Johan, who is a programer at diablo motor sports, and the guy was great to say the least... They should have your car up and running in no time...
no wonder why i dont see you post anymore on LXFORUMS!! i have lest us and went to the dark side!! lol
BigHemiSrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:20 PM   #54
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHemiSrt View Post
no wonder why i dont see you post anymore on LXFORUMS!! i have lest us and went to the dark side!! lol
Yeah, people wise up and finally make the right choice.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #55
Number_9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
hmmm well i dont know as i did not recieve my unit yet-but i was at billyjk7 house when we tryed out the r12 update-totaly worthless and i feel his pain how can we spend this much money on a unit for it not to work??? now accourding to him mine should work cuz i got my car months ago-i dont know-but hes upset and he has every right to be-total nonsense-i dunno
We're all just gonna have to be patient... that, and persistent with positing our dissatisfaction and expectations on the Diablo Forums as frequently as possible.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #56
jeffny09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_9 View Post
that is true! but i will have to wait on that to see if mines will work- i should be going to get it tomarrow- i will let u know how it works out-since im pretty sure i have the older calibration