Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 03-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #309
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
RS option on an SS gen 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
No prob.
Jay, could you please help? I'm being told by my sales person that if I order the SS trim, then I don't need to order the RS option pack. I see you have both - so if you get an SS, what does the RS option pack give you in addition?
Old 03-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #310
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Paul, don't let them kid you! While the RS package will add the SS spoiler and the 20" wheels to the LT (which the SS comes with standard), the RS package on both the LT and the SS adds the HID head lights with the halo around them, painted roof moldings (unless you get the vert), and the darker tail lights. You will notice the difference in the badging. The LT with the RS package gets a red RS badge on the front and back - the SS with RS gets a red SS badge (non RS has a white SS badge).

Make sense?
Old 03-20-2011, 08:34 AM   #311
rjcamaro
312 HP

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_P View Post
Hi All,

Still need to order my Gen5, waiting on that tax check. :-) Can't decide between an SS hadtop or convertible, I see benefits/challenges with both. Leaning toward IOH/IO, but white also looks good. If you're gonna do it, do it all the way - so IOH/IO it will probably be. Miss the '71 Chevelle vert (307) and '73 & '74 (454) Caprices I had 30+ years ago. Tuned up the neighbor's car once, a '69 Camaro with a 250 six and 2-speed powerglide.

Would like to join you guys in rallys if you'll have me, you guys sound like a lot of fun. I'm not a racer - only show, with a little go. So that "go" I get had better be good - therefore the SS!

Has anyone out there dealt with MacMulkin Chevrolet? So far so good here, though we haven't strated the negotiation or order processes yet. (newbie here, so I hope it's ok to ask that)

Welcome! I love the convert myself might have to upgrade next year.

Check out Quirk in Manchester they gave me a great deal and are really good to deal with.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #312
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Quote:
Jay, could you please help? I'm being told by my sales person that if I order the SS trim, then I don't need to order the RS option pack. I see you have both - so if you get an SS, what does the RS option pack give you in addition?
RS package is worth getting just for the HID's alone

RS package like molloni stated has all those extra options that you wouldnt get by just getting the SS...The RS package is a must in my opionion
Old 03-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #313
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Thumbs up Thanks for the info

Thanks all for your helpful responses!

@Molloni - Thanks, you really made it simple for me to understand! Yes, that makes sense. I haven't seen an SS with the white badge yet, only red ones, so they must all have the RS option. I'm going to look for pics tonight in the forums. Right now all I've seen are SS's with the RS, and "plain Jane" LTs at Hertz. I do like the idea of white SS badges with IOM. Your info is really helpful and what I needed from the dealer, which as you can see I didn't get. But maybe I didn't ask the right questions.

@rjcamaro, Nice RJT! I've been going back and forth myself on hardtop vs. vert. Both beautiful cars, makes it so hard to decide! Will check out Quirk on the drive back from Canada to Nashua, I'm in Quebec but not near Oshawa, it would be neat to see where the plant is!

@Tim, yes HIDs are a must if I can find the extra $1,300 for the RS! Increased cost for vert vs. hardtop may mean no RS - will see how finances go.

Have a great week!

Last edited by OrangeVert; 03-20-2011 at 11:31 PM.
OrangeVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:25 PM   #314
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
What they said! lol

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:01 AM   #315
rjcamaro
312 HP

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
Quote:
Thanks all for your helpful responses!

@Molloni - Thanks, you really made it simple for me to understand! Yes, that makes sense. I haven't seen an SS with the white badge yet, only red ones, so they must all have the RS option. I'm going to look for pics tonight in the forums. Right now all I've seen are SS's with the RS, and "plain Jane" LTs at Hertz. I do like the idea of white SS badges with IOM. Your info is really helpful and what I needed from the dealer, which as you can see I didn't get. But maybe I didn't ask the right questions.

@rjcamaro, Nice RJT! I've been going back and forth myself on hardtop vs. vert. Both beautiful cars, makes it so hard to decide! Will check out Quirk on the drive back from Canada to Nashua, I'm in Quebec but not near Oshawa, it would be neat to see where the plant is!

@Tim, yes HIDs are a must if I can find the extra $1,300 for the RS! Increased cost for vert vs. hardtop may mean no RS - will see how finances go.

Have a great week!

You live in Nashua? Me too. Talk to Mark Chartrand at Quirk he has been there forever and really nice to deal with.

Last edited by rjcamaro; 01-05-2014 at 02:37 PM.
rjcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:09 PM   #316
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

@v6sonoma, thanks. Nice IOM!

@rjcamaro, thanks too. Good to be your neighbor!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #317
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Ok. Ct. Let's start sighning in. The Rico show is coming up and 30 would rock!!!
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #318
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Who can bring a bucket truck for photo's at the Lincoln Mall?
Old 05-03-2011, 04:58 AM   #319
scopemaker

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
Need wheel

Hi I'm reaching out to my fellow Camaro owners I damaged one of my 8 inch stock painted rims I'm thinking best place to look for one is with other Camaro oweners. looking to put a Hurst shifter in and did not want to put a lot of $ into wheels or should I say dealer prices. Has anyone replaced there rims or wheels and are willing to sell the stock wheel or wheels they removed I would like one or two. I live in cental Mass would like to hear from you.
scopemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #320
scopemaker

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
need Wheel

Here she is this is the car that needs the wheel.
Attached Images

scopemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #321
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Who can bring a bucket truck for photo's at the Lincoln Mall?
Paul, this is an excellent question! Do any of our RI members know someone in construction who owes them a favor?

Welcome to scopemaker. Depends on how extensive the damage is to the wheel. I still have yet to get my curb damage fixed . But Filthy Phil suggested something that can be done by hand, but I forgot the product he suggested (what ever happened to that guy?). There are some local shops that will do a repair job for a good price. Unfortunately, I can't find my list...
Old 05-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #322
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Welcome to Camaro5 scopemaker, your white Camaro looks nice.