Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #29
hot ss

Drives: aqua 2ss l99
whore yourself out to fat chix?
hot ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #30
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Carfax is a joke. We wrecked a brand new grandprix one time It did $20,000 damage to a $27000 car and the insurance fixed it. Funny thing is their is no car fax report on it.

The carfax business model is
"A fool and his money will soon be separated."

As they sell a false peace of mind.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:07 PM   #31
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
Quote:
Carfax is a joke. We wrecked a brand new grandprix one time It did $20,000 damage to a $27000 car and the insurance fixed it. Funny thing is their is no car fax report on it.
$20K dmg to 27K car and insurance didn't total it? And it takes a while for things to come up on Car Fax.. Usually a year or two.
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:12 PM   #32
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrboyd_1980 View Post
$20K dmg to 27K car and insurance didn't total it? And it takes a while for things to come up on Car Fax.. Usually a year or two.
What happen was the dealer started to repair the car before the adjuster looked at it so they said they were fixing. It' been 8 years since it happen and it never got a carfax report on it.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:13 PM   #33
2Tightwads
Banned

Drives: 2002 LS1 swapped into a 1994 Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstproductions View Post
The police said that since it was such minor damage, it was a "toss up".
Let the insurance company make that decision based on the facts of the loss (your statement, other parties statement, police report info.) Someone will be at fault. % you and % other party involved. Sounds like your worried it was you fault in my opinion.

Quote:
But it will bring up the rate which is already high enough for me
Well if its your fault as I'm inclined to believe from this thread I would say...Rate increase? Possibly, depending on the amount of the damage. Every company has a surchargable threshold. But realize not even your agent can tell you price is going up with a straight face prior to a claim. Though he may know this threshold. Only the underwriters who make the real decisions can do so which occurs at your policy renewal. They will decide up/down/no change. Realize this choice doesn't even occur until after a claim is turned into them as at fault by the claims team.

Here is something you may not have considered. The other party involved contacts their insurance to file a claim which WILL contact yours directly to subrogate the claim...guess what? You're getting a red flag (why haven't we heard from our insured?) at your insurance company for that claim despite who's fault it was in the end. I say contact your company first to get your statement in before the other person ends up stating you hit them. sure would look better with you calling in to be proactive instead of reactive to accusations of a random person who hit you...dude get insurance involved.
2Tightwads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #34
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tightwads View Post
Here is something you may not have considered. The other party involved contacts their insurance to file a claim which WILL contact yours directly to subrogate the claim...guess what? You're getting a red flag (why haven't we heard from our insured?)
Bingo, that puts a 2nd flag on your in house file as a dishonest person.
That might not make your rate go up but if anything else ever happens, they arent gonna trust your word as much.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:50 PM   #35
TJTKSDMJ8
I COMMAND YOU TO HOOK 'EM

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS2/RS R6P
These guys will do it for ya...

Old 10-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #36
coolman

This story makes no sense at all. Now he's saying the other party went to the police and filed a report and they called it a wash. In my state you have to call the cops at the site where it happen if you damage property or involved with someone else. Why wouldn't the cops give them a hit and run for leaving the site of the wreck. Their are so many holes in this story that don't add up that I don't know what to believe. If the other party did file a report and goes to your insurance co. you'll have a whole new mess to deal with.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:06 PM   #37
Chrisrp454

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6, 98Z28 M6
Nope in Texas police do not always come, they have you come by and fill out a "report", its called a blue something, I don't remember the name its been over 10 years for me.
A coworker had a hit and run on his mustang last week, he called it in they said the same thing, come fill out a report.

Ordered 5/23/2009
3400 with TPW of 08/03/09
3800 8/11/2009
Arrived 8/21/2009 2SS/RS/Aqua Blue/Grey Interior
Chrisrp454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #38
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrp454 View Post
Nope in Texas police do not always come, they have you come by and fill out a "report", its called a blue something, I don't remember the name its been over 10 years for me.
A coworker had a hit and run on his mustang last week, he called it in they said the same thing, come fill out a report.
I here rates are high in TX. Maybe that's one of the reasons.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:23 PM   #39
TJTKSDMJ8
I COMMAND YOU TO HOOK 'EM

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS2/RS R6P
Quote:
I here rates are high in TX. Maybe that's one of the reasons.
That and the proximity to the Border.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:25 PM   #40
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJTKSDMJ8 View Post
That and the proximity to the Border.
Yea, good point.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #41
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
Quote:
Cover up? seriously.... This is MY car, im paying it off. This is my first car, right after I get it, it gets messed up. Why wouldnt I want to have it repaired as good as new fast? We went to the police and everything, they said the other car reported it. The police said that since it was such minor damage, it was a "toss up". Insurance WILL cover it. But it will bring up the rate which is already high enough for me
So your letting the Police decide that it was a "toss up", let your insurance decide.
SSmoothie is offline   Reply With Quote