Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 03-06-2021, 09:36 AM   #1
Sebambam

Drives: 2010 2SS
AC pressure switch location/troubleshooting

hi Guys
I just got a 010 L99 SS

My AC doesnt blow cold . Heat works
Compressor Clutch turns by hand .Fuses are OK, Relay is OK.

So i would like to Jump the AC pressure switch to see if it jumps on then i know its low on refrigerant ( i guess).

Where is the exact location of the Pressure switch ? is there only 1 pressure switch? i assume it could be this one here near the HIGH side port?

any other options to verify if my compressor is done?
Attached Images

Sebambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:44 AM   #2
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Check out the diagram on this parts page for the pressure sensor location.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-pa...Y4LWdhcw%3D%3D
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 01:18 PM   #3
Sebambam

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
Check out the diagram on this parts page for the pressure sensor location.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-pa...Y4LWdhcw%3D%3D
thanks but that dont tell me exactly the location , i guess the diagramm shows it somehow but i cant really tell.
Attached Images

Sebambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:35 AM   #4
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Be certain you know what your doing before you start jumping things out. This "switch" stated above appears to be a sensor. 3 wires. Is the clutch engaging? I would think there should be a low pressure switch/sensor, and that would appear to be the sensor in the diagram. If so, it would be on the larger diameter pipe, suction line. Could it be the blend door?
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 07:02 PM   #5
WantedPzen

Drives: camaro
According to inexorable statistics, we spend one-sixth of our lives behind the wheel. And each of us wants to spend this time in comfort: at least with air conditioning. Now this invention seems something trivial, but in the first half of the last century, climate systems occupied half of the trunk, and their cost was one third of the price of the whole car. Is it necessary to know the device of automobile conditioner? Definitely - yes. If you understand the principle of its work, it is easier to find the reason of appeared problem. How the air conditioner is constructed, what problems you can expect from it and how to service it you can learn here - airconservicing.org. Good luck to you!

Last edited by WantedPzen; 08-11-2021 at 06:28 PM.
WantedPzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 07:17 PM   #6
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Its a sensor, not a switch. The ECM receives the command from the HVAC module to engage the compressor clutch. The ECM is what send the ground signal to energize the A/C clutch relay. If you want to force it to engage, there are ways to do that, but NOT by jumping any wires on the pressure switch.
G8One2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 03:44 AM   #7
Ingrid

Drives: audi
I'm not an expert in AC systems by any means but usually if the compressor is cutting on and off like that its from not enough refrigerant in the system. Iirc it could also be from too much in the system so I would recover everything and fill it by weight

Last edited by Ingrid; 06-07-2022 at 07:27 AM.
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote