Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you try to take a modified car back to stock for the warranty?
No. I made the choice to mod it and knew the consequences of my actions. 23 65.71%
Yes. Why should I pay for something if I can get someone else to foot the bill?! 12 34.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-25-2010, 12:04 PM   #15
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
a friend of mine has a highly modded car and blew his engine a month ago. called up his buddies, two days later the car was back to stock and towed to the dealer. two weeks later, woops, brand new engine under warranty.

why would you NOT go back to stock?!
Wow.... so because its from the "evil empire" its not stealing.

Next time he should just walk into their parts room and cart the crate engine out himself!
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #16
futrocpd
P90X

Drives: 2000 SLP SS VERT
I look at this way. If add juice, or boost then fine shame on me if the engine dies, you gotta pay to play anyways. I do however not agree with a dealership/corp negating warranty work if I have axle back or cat back exhaust. I have not had an issue (yet) with warranty work. On my srt-4 it was highly modded so when I had problems, I fixed them with the help of friends, however I had a 98 GMC 1500 that had just about every bolt on (at that time i guess) headers, intake, tb spacer, cat back, tune and have problems with teh trans and dealership fixed it under warranty with a new trans.

However denying warranty work on some but not others is not cool. Some cars are designed to be driven hard and at the track but yet if you do, sorry charlie no warranty, not cool.

P90X changed my life. Want to know more, PM me for more info on changing your life for the better
futrocpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #17
futrocpd
P90X

Drives: 2000 SLP SS VERT
Quote:
a friend of mine has a highly modded car and blew his engine a month ago. called up his buddies, two days later the car was back to stock and towed to the dealer. two weeks later, woops, brand new engine under warranty.

why would you NOT go back to stock?!
This is not cool. Stealing is stealing and your buddy did just that.

P90X changed my life. Want to know more, PM me for more info on changing your life for the better
futrocpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:05 PM   #18
diddiyo

Drives: .
it seems to me you guys like to waste money. if you can afford to do so, good for you. go right ahead. dealers/manufacturers are trying to screw their customers all the time. i don't see the problem when a customer does it every once in a while in return.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:19 PM   #19
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
it seems to me you guys like to waste money. if you can afford to do so, good for you. go right ahead. dealers/manufacturers are trying to screw their customers all the time. i don't see the problem when a customer does it every once in a while in return.
And we wonder why the country is going down the crapper...

Have you ever ran a business, or have you always been a worker bee? I only ask because anybody who thinks a company is in business to "screw the customer" doesn't have a clue on how to manage one.

Last edited by garagelogic; 08-25-2010 at 08:16 PM.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:38 PM   #20
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
Personally I think he should have bellied up and took it like a man, but no to me a crook is a crook.

That to me is so wrong in so many ways, If I put a cold air kit on my car, then something goes wrong, (that was cause by the install) then I pay for it.

But crooks don't like to pay for stuff. and don't forget the wannabes who fully understand going in that the mod they are about to do would void the new car warranty and then something breaks afterwards....they turn into crybabies and blame GM for this and that.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #21
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Nope. But I'd expect the dealership to research the issue and make an honest determination about whether the issue was caused by faulty OE equipment instead of denying the claim out of hand.

As a customer, I have no use for a dealership that does.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:45 PM   #22
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
I only ask because anybody who thinks a compnay is in business to "screw the customer" doesn't have a clue on how to manage one.
then maybe you should take over 90% of dealerships and run them with an honest policy not to void the warranty of a car with an intake that comes in the shop with a leaking windshield-washer-reservoir or some crap like that. and i'm not saying it's a certain car company because it seems to me that the majority of dealerships of each and every brand are crooks and just trying to make easy money off the customer. and that's why i say **** them.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #23
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
I would not ..... I'd like to think I am honest ..

Crowley
Old 08-25-2010, 09:21 PM   #24
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
can we have a im not sure choice?
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote