Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-04-2014, 09:46 AM   #309
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Choose one....
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2014, 09:55 AM   #310
Josh The People

Drives: TT 10' SS -> 16' SS
just my 2cents.... would be nicer if it was priced cheaper so I could buy one now! but then everyone would have one! but for what you get I think that's a fair price I better start saving now so I can maby pick one up in a few years...
Old 01-04-2014, 10:14 AM   #311
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
I'm somewhat surprised by the shock and disappointment expressed by some in this thread.

How soon we forget and become a spoiled group of enthusiasts.

The Camaro was gone for some 7 model years. Yes, gone. Finished. No option. Mustangs abound.

Then a glimmer of hope for the Chevy faithful came in 2006.

Then it came in mid 2009 and it did not disappoint.

Then a model and or option list to meet the needs of all was formed.

A 300+ hp V6. Several SS flavors, including an RS package, HUD. Then a Z that turned out to be the ZL1, what a car that is. Then a 1LE option for SS, what an amazing bang for the buck option that is. Then a restyled front and rear that is really nice. Oh yeah, Ricaro seats.

Then the return of a legendary model, engineered true to its heritage. Yes, it's expensive, as it should be. Take an economics class, it makes sense. High feature, highly engineered, exotic components, low volume, race car.

Do we the Chevrolet Camaro enthusiast faithful really have any footing from which to complain? If you find yourself complaining about this price, check yourself. I think the return of the Camaro through the 5th Gen platform has been a smashing success. I don't think that we could have hoped for it to be any better.

I really can't wait to see what the next platform has to offer, because this one has been incredible.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:20 AM   #312
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
The dealers need to keep plenty of parts in stock for the ones that are going to be driven and not stored.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:20 AM   #313
karnov

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston94vert View Post
$75k

2013 Corvette Z06 is $75,600.00 and has A/C and a radio. So technically cheaper.

So how do they justify Z28 pricing? You can't say it's the same costs to put this motor package in a corvette body (which is about 20k more then camaro body) and expect people to pay the same price? That is crazy talk.

I'd say $60-65k should have been the msrp, and that's shooting high.

You have to know your being suckered at this point.
To even be comparing a Camaro to a Corvette Z06 is worth the MSRP price being listed. The wheel/tire, brake, and suspension package alone are better than any Z06 on the road, even the 2014 corvette. We'll have to wait and see what packages are offered on the new Z07. People need to do some research on how "cutting edge" the suspension and brakes are on the Z/28 and the engineering involved in getting it to work just right with the tire/wheel package.

Also before complaining about the price, people need to compare the price of other vehicles that could even be competitive with the Z/28 on the track. I say "track" because this is exactly what this car is... an uncompromising dedicated track car. Don't get fooled by the fact the this is "technically" street legal, it is designed and meant for a single purpose... to beat and compete with Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, etc. on the track.
karnov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #314
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
I'm looking forward to this time next year when there are a hundred threads here on good times at the track instead of threads from people who would never buy a Z/28 in the first place but are determined to "prove" actual buyers must pay ADM...lol. And how the car should have had half it's content cut so it would appeal to the all the same posters who don't track, so that we have yet one more compromised, half-hearted offering on the market.

No wonder very few really cool cars are designed and built in North America, all the hue and outcry from so many wanting something for nothing.

GM is about to produce the only track-focused, track-ready, track-durable, track-warranted car in the world. And all most of you can do is bitch.
well put!!!

this seems a fair price to me considering what it would cost for this performance from another car (non-vette) and if it's true that the "traffic" on the ring was lowly GT3s then even better. Good job GM…if I'm fortunate to get one at msrp then it will be run on the track for what it was designed for and I will post many in car videos with telemetry like this http://youtu.be/1jIJ-PwtB-w

Somewhere I read or maybe it was a youtube video but someone at GM said…something like "if you want one you will be able to get one." Is this true? i could wait another model year but i would prefer not to and I will not pay over msrp.

and Fbod..when will dealers get allocation info?

thanks
backtotintops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:24 AM   #315
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Suffice it to say this ain't no DD! But if I'm shelling out $82K, I'm driving it!
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:25 AM   #316
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriddick View Post
75k.. ridiculous
Hey, it beat Porsche's and Lambo's. It's a bargain!
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:47 AM   #317
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR ZL1 View Post
It has already been announced. 2015 Z06 will have the new LT4 650HP supercharged engine. There is info all over the internet.
No it hasn't been announced it's been deduced on the internet. GM hasn't officially announced anything that I'm aware of. I was waiting for the NAIAS for an official announcement.

But if you accept that as the engine then I definitely stand on my $25,000 premium over a Z/28.

The only thing that will drop it will be if they make CC brakes optional.

Also if this engine is somehow "mass produced" like the LSA then that would bring the price down but I'm guessing that this will also be hand built like the LS9 and LS7.

Again I hope I am way off, I just don't see it holding price compared to the C6 Z06.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:02 AM   #318
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Ppl that say it's a ridiculous price for a camaro are ridiculous. Y'all don't treat it like it's just a camaro and GM, Chevy and the dealers know that. I for one am happy to see that we have a high price GM production camaro because these cars are a bargain at any trim level. I'd rather see the high price camaro with a different name. Just because I feel like a Z/28 should be very accessible .But Hey, it's the name GM chose. Great car GM!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:07 AM   #319
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
I want one. Curious how market will respond to it and how used prices will hold up. The Z06 carbon C6s are $30k below msrp after 2. Yrs. If I ever get across a $50ish K one my 1LE is a goner.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #320
the_fast_one

Drives: 2017 red hot zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Hey, it beat Porsche's and Lambo's. It's a bargain!
Still a camaro at the end of the day though.
It's bad as for sure and great to see what gm can do. Personally for me is drop my 75k+ on something different.

Last edited by the_fast_one; 01-04-2014 at 11:29 AM.
the_fast_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #321
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Crap, I've got over $100K worth of Camaros in the garage right now and I think they're worth it.

The Z/28 could be mine if I wanted that kind of car from an affordability standpoint. But I don't want one myself. But I'm also not saying it's not worth its MSRP, because it is. GM finally builds a track-purposed beast and somehow kept it street legal. You want to play, then dig in and pay. Simple as that. You're paying GM to build you a track monster with a warranty. Saves you the time and trouble to engineer and build one yourself.

Go get one, crank it up, throw it in first, drop the clutch, shut up and hang on!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:45 AM   #322
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
I'm somewhat surprised by the shock and disappointment expressed by some in this thread.
How soon we forget and become a spoiled group of enthusiasts.
The Camaro was gone for some 7 model years. Yes, gone. Finished. No option. Mustangs abound.
Then a glimmer of hope for the Chevy faithful came in 2006.
Then it came in mid 2009 and it did not disappoint.
Then a model and or option list to meet the needs of all was formed.
A 300+ hp V6. Several SS flavors, including an RS package, HUD. Then a Z that turned out to be the ZL1, what a car that is. Then a 1LE option for SS, what an amazing bang for the buck option that is. Then a restyled front and rear that is really nice. Oh yeah, Ricaro seats.
Then the return of a legendary model, engineered true to its heritage. Yes, it's expensive, as it should be. Take an economics class, it makes sense. High feature, highly engineered, exotic components, low volume, race car.
Do we the Chevrolet Camaro enthusiast faithful really have any footing from which to complain? If you find yourself complaining about this price, check yourself. I think the return of the Camaro through the 5th Gen platform has been a smashing success. I don't think that we could have hoped for it to be any better.
I really can't wait to see what the next platform has to offer, because this one has been incredible.

I agree with this.