Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-04-2009, 11:10 AM   #183
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
OH....MY....

What a day this is going to be!

The text messages! The emails! You have NO idea how excited I am!!!

...ok...here's the start of my day....

I'm laying in bed....sleeping...my phone gets a text from Hylton. I'm still asleep and don't look at it (didn't notice since I was asleep). Another text comes in from Jason (Tran) and I'm like...what's going on? A couple texts in a row. Hmmm (*waking up*) and trying to read the text through blurry eyes...

Hylton @ 9:14am says, "I just found out who's getting the first CGM car!"

Jason (Tran) @ 9:24am says, "Dude...I think your car's detail/vin just got posted on the site?? Very first CGM! Woo hoo if that's yours!"

Needless to say, I FLEW out of bed to the computer. This just *can't* be real.

.........No. It's not possible...

I sit down at the computer and open the thread (as an IM opens from Chris (gtahvit) explaining that there's an issue with a thread that I need to see...of course, it links to this thread!

........and there's the message from Tom himself in my email inbox...

I just about FELL OVER!

.........I...........AM............IN............. ...DISBELIEF!

If I get the first CGM ever produced.....

You guys have no idea how happy I am right now! NO IDEA!

...and the look on my wife's face when I woke her up to tell her the news?....PRICELESS!

YYYYEEEAAAWWWWWW!!!!!!!

A great day it's going to be, is RIGHT!!!

Now -- THESE are the posts I am SOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to reading.........

You've had to put up with my incessant ramblings..........now it's time for each of us to "Experience" the Camaro thru happy new owners' eyes!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #184
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Now -- THESE are the posts I am SOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to reading.........

You've had to put up with my incessant ramblings..........now it's time for each of us to "Experience" the Camaro thru happy new owners' eyes!
Haha, and he didn't even see his car yet. Can't wait for THAT post.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #185
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:

It's nice to hear some positive news amongst all that is going on in the world.

Scott, if you can have some people take some pictures of the car being built, or any pictures at all please make it happen somehow.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #186
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Tag,

You gotta install one of these things..

"WOOOT WOOOOT..... you know what i'm sayin..?"
ahahaha

Tag, don't put on a whistler, i know you won't.
I want to hear a camaro with a set of flowmasters... that'd be badass

Congrats tag! you're pretty much the envy of the site!
moto-camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #187
Supermans

Quote:
Oh heck no. My exhaust will drown out that whistle they say is a new fad! I can't believe someone would want that in their car...just my opinion
LOL... Ofcourse I was joking, I wouldn't be cought dead with one. It just makes me laugh that there are seriously people installing these things to make their station wagons sound like a freight train from a mile away..lol.. Are you going to go with borla or corsa or another aftermarket exhaust?
Old 04-04-2009, 11:45 AM   #188
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Hell, I thought you were lucky enough just to be able to afford the car...

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #189
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewauby5 View Post
Tag, does the CGM have a blue flake/pearl tint to it?
You know it!
Quote:

From the bottom of my heart, Scott. I can't thank you enough for everything you have done for the Camaro community. I thank you. I thank you, I thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
LOL... Ofcourse I was joking, I wouldn't be cought dead with one. It just makes me laugh that there are seriously people installing these things to make their station wagons sound like a freight train from a mile away..lol.. Are you going to go with borla or corsa or another aftermarket exhaust?
Chambered exhaust!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Hell, I thought you were lucky enough just to be able to afford the car...
Barely able to afford it! But, it's something I'm goign to be keeping forever! I can justify spending the money knowing that it's going to see MANY, MANY years of auto shows and good times.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:53 PM   #190
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Henry Racing View Post
Tag, GM's fleet department just called, they accidentally produced it in Fleet Mary Kay Pink, I hope you don't mind..............
excellent comeback...at last, someone with an equally wicked sense of humor to mine.

enjoy the ride, dude.
SWHCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:58 PM   #191
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyELF View Post
My dealer told me yesterday that the Cyber Grey Metallic would not be available until the 3rd quarter. Same thing with the short throw shifter. Is he mis-informed?
your dealer suffers from a recto-cranial inversion....
SWHCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #192
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
This is some of the coolest $hit ever!! Congrats TAG!!!!!
Old 04-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #193
Supermans

Quote:
You know it!

From the bottom of my heart, Scott. I can't thank you enough for everything you have done for the Camaro community. I thank you. I thank you, I thank you!

Chambered exhaust!

Barely able to afford it! But, it's something I'm goign to be keeping forever! I can justify spending the money knowing that it's going to see MANY, MANY years of auto shows and good times.
Let me know which chambered exhaust you are choosing if you're not keeping it a secret until a later time. I too am very interested in this as I want the car to sound even more awesome and rattle the bones of other vehicles I drive by...Especially the environmentalists that drive those silent electric vehicles..lol..

Where are the PICTURES!!!!

Last edited by Supermans; 04-04-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #194
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
wow... I miss one day of C5 and Tag gets the first CGM camaro....

I did get on the site momentarily yesterday to check my pm's, but then left right after. but I did see someone comment that Tag wasnt on due to what he had recently been thru.

so I texted him last night. asking if everything was ok.... about 2 hours later, I get a text back from him saying "I'm recovering from my heart attack this morning".

I'm thinking.... OMG WTF BBQ!!!! running every situation (except this one apparently) thru my mind. All I could think of was Tag sitting in a hospital bed with a laptop and his cell phone hooked up to an EKG machine.

So I called him this afternoon.... to make sure everythings ok. and he tells me about this thread (as he giggled like a school girl) and everything that had gone down. when he told me, I literally had goosebumps running up and down my arms cus I was so excited for him.

Apparently, once you get 10,000 posts on this forum, you are entitled to a "special" camaro. guess I better get back to work. cus I want a Green Z28.... so that would mean.... 20,000 posts... 10k for green 10k for Z28... crap. thats it im never logging off this site again.

Doug. Congrats man. if anyone says that you dont deserve this car, I'll falcon punch them in the back of the face. all the hard work that you have done behind the scenes and out in front of things is truly remarkable. But you do know that after you pick the car up, you have to drive down the coast to Charleston and we gotta go for a ride before you head back to texas. Cus I want a picture in the first CGM Camaro

Congrats again buddy.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #195
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewauby5 View Post
Tag, does the CGM have a blue flake/pearl tint to it?
Not really pearl but blue flake yes..
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #196
Marc NY
GM Powered!

Drives: SSR & An SS Camaro Next?
Quote:
... I could never thank you enough for copies of those pictures. It'll be a huge day for both of us! ...and I'd love to document EVERYTHING!...(as you know w/ a certain piece of metal.)

... Since it is the first...or one of the first, imagine all the eyes that will be on it looking over EVERY detail of the car making sure they got it ALL perfect! Incredible!
Congrats to you TAG! You are going to be completely thrilled with the CGM!

I saw it for the first time on a Z-06 at our GM Plant's Celebration on it's 70th birthday and while celebrating GMs 100th Anniversary late last summer... what an awesome color indeed!

As far as documentation it would be great if you could have the "Mole" or someone else from the plant take a few photos of your Camaro while if it is still at the plant. Even if it is outside in the holding area. Perhaps some of the plants personnel might want to sign your trunk or even under the hood on the engine cover... which are great areas. Another great area to get some signatures would be on the inside of the gas cover too. Perhaps at the dealership your sales person could be ready with a camera in hand to get your arrival coming in and on the car carrier. Make sure they don't fold the Window Sticker up when they take it off the window.

BTW: If you are lucky enough to have the very first Regular CGM Production Camaro you should be able to get a letter of "Authenticity" from someone in GM similar to the one below. Just PM me for more great ideas and tips.
Attached Images

Last edited by Marc NY; 04-04-2009 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Remove one photo
Marc NY is offline   Reply With Quote