Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
pdiddy

Drives: 2011 2SS
best price on new magna charger kit

I am looking for some prices on the magna charger. Also I am curious will the kits come with all supporting mods needed for a car with long tubes and exhaust. (boost a pump, injectors and so on) PM me prices please and infomation on the kits that might me helpful thank you for your time.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
BAP will be an extra item purchase.

The tune is the critical item to get the best of the Magnuson with your bolt ons.

I went with JRE racing, Ted Jannetty and his crew, I did the install myself and then did the datalogging and remote tuning with Ted and it went extremely well and could not be happier. JRE will get you a great price on the Maggie kit and BAP if you need it as well as the after installation support such as tuning which again is critical.

The injectors Maggie kit will come with everything that you need to bolt it onto the car and go, again, get a custom tune after installation, do not use the canned tune that comes with the kit.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
How much power do you want to make? That will determine if BAP and injectors that come with it are good enough.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #4
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
How much power do you want to make? That will determine if BAP and injectors that come with it are good enough.
Magnacharger doesn't include a bap. Just the injectors. I think anymore than a 3.6 pulley and you'll need fuel upgrades.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #5
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
I would look for great service before and after the sale,also knowledge of the product and getting you everything you need to have an enjoyable FI journey. The prices will be close to the same were ever you go,look for the knowledge of the product...What we can do is put a package together of all your needs that is unmatched in value. If we can help you out give us a call anytime 980-521-0722
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
pdiddy

thx for the replys I am wanting to make 520-580 range with my current mods and the SC. I didnt think I could get away with running a SC with out a BAP or new fuel pump maybe I was wrong but I plan at the least to get a BAP maybe even zl1 pump.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #7
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Theres a red one in the classifieds for $4500...
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #8
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Ya you will want a BAP with that level.

You really need to sit down and decide if 550-580 rwhp will be your end game for performance level and make sure you get a fuel system that you will not outgrow.

I am in a similiar power range now and preparing to take the next step up in performance. I never thought I would ever need anything more then the stock 400 HP in my L99. Then we jumped up to around 450 with some bolt one and then around 600 with SC and now looking to get into that 800 HP range (crank HP) so I have to upgrade my fuel system completely.

If you think you may want more power down the road, get something you will not outgrow in a couple years.

I think the injectors that come with the Maggie will be fine for 550 rwhp range but you will need to do something with your fuel system. Get ahold of a good shop, many great ones represented here on C5 and tell them what you want and then do what they recommend.

Again, I recommend JRE because I have delt with them with all my performance upgrades and have never once been steered wrong by Ted and his crew. Its gotten to the point now I just ask and do what he tells me to do which is what we should do. FInd a good shop, tell them what you want as a goal and then do what they recommend.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #9
pdiddy

cool i bought the one on the classified for 4500 thx thx thx lol and I think I am going to buy the zl1 pump and run it instead of a bap and use the maggie injectors try to be at the 530 hp range. Money really only permits that for now anyway.