Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #15
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I still haven't seen a ZL1 on the streets, several on new lots and none on the used car lots.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #16
AMMUSCLE

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VERT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I still haven't seen a ZL1 on the streets, several on new lots and none on the used car lots.
Same here.
I have only run into one parked in the next town but was from out of state.
Except for the dealers you just do not see many around?
Now I have run into more exotic's then ZL1's.
I have a feeling they are not daily drivers around here and kept garaged most of the time.

But hands down I love this car. Supercharged 580HP from the factory with a warranty and race ready. It looks like its going 100 parked. You can throw more power to it and handles it. It's an AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR. Best car I have ever owned.
This ones a keeper.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #17
Drm2Reality

Drives: Possibly a 1LE in the near future.
I plan on getting a '14 in the next 6 months...but it is a real bummer for me to have seen 4 different ZL1s in the neighborhood. I have only seen each one once...but I wish there weren't so many...hopefully they sell to get a C7!
Drm2Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #18
phantom
phantom

Drives: 2012 ZL1 CRT 6M
Appears supply and demand, technology obsolescence, changing interest and NEWEST hot car are all at fault. I'm keeping mine.
phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #19
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
One word ( Stingray) but I like the ZL1 better .
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #20
BIGTIME

Drives: 2018 ZL1
What blows my mind is that most of the cars are all under 2-3k miles. The highest mileage I saw was 6500 miles. Why the hell would you drop such a great car?? For me the first year or two is the honeymoon phase when I own a car. I couldn't imagine just dumping a car I loved in a year. I was looking at a white convertible automatic they had a local Porsche dealership. The car only had 1500 miles on it and it was selling for 15k under sticker !!!! When I bought both of my Lexus sedans they offered me the option of a 1 yr used option and they would knock off 1500-2000 bucks for the same mileage. For the same 65- 70k I also have options like a 1-2 yr old Nissan GTR or a brand new Lexus ISF. I know the ZL1 is a different type of animal all together but I was looking for a reliable very fast car that will put a smile on my face and never make me late for work as my daily driver. What concerned me was when I google used Lexus ISFs model yr 2012 or even 2013 literally nothing will come up within 500 miles.

I really appreciate the honesty and the great feed back fellas. C5 is a great forum and community.

Thanks again!
BIGTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #21
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTIME View Post
What blows my mind is that most of the cars are all under 2-3k miles. The highest mileage I saw was 6500 miles. Why the hell would you drop such a great car?? For me the first year or two is the honeymoon phase when I own a car. I couldn't imagine just dumping a car I loved in a year. I was looking at a white convertible automatic they had a local Porsche dealership. The car only had 1500 miles on it and it was selling for 15k under sticker !!!! When I bought both of my Lexus sedans they offered me the option of a 1 yr used option and they would knock off 1500-2000 bucks for the same mileage. For the same 65- 70k I also have options like a 1-2 yr old Nissan GTR or a brand new Lexus ISF. I know the ZL1 is a different type of animal all together but I was looking for a reliable very fast car that will put a smile on my face and never make me late for work as my daily driver. What concerned me was when I google used Lexus ISFs model yr 2012 or even 2013 literally nothing will come up within 500 miles.

I really appreciate the honesty and the great feed back fellas. C5 is a great forum and community.

Thanks again!
Well, ppl aren't trading in the Lexus ISF because that is the top dog for Lexus. The stingray is Chevy's new top dog and hottest to most. When the ZL1 used to be. Plain and simple!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #22
MIZL1

Drives: Just a few!
I really like my 2012, bought it for performance and GM heritage. With that said GM has always skimmed on the interiors but still seem to wear well. The reality is that its going to out perform a long list of cars with better interiors for much less money.

Buy the ZLI for happiness while driving and a top of the line leather recliner when your not.
MIZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #23
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
i just bought a new 2 LT black vert, 2013. i am 55 and have a 9 yr old son. i want a back seat, even if its small. my dealer still has a 13 new yellow ZL1 vert in showroom, and has had it for a long time. the top has been down at least since June. i woiuldnt think that would be good. its is priced at 58K now. i think its a beautul car, but a car like that is a weekend car at best, and not feasible for daily driver. then, in same showroom is a new 14 vette. guess, how many people around it versus the ZL1? 0 at the ZL1, and about 8 to 10 around the sold vette. its the new kid on the block no doubt. but, the ZL1 still has its place. it still has a back seat and a beautiful car. hats off to you folks on here who have one. Most of the population will never see the day they can plop 60K on a camaro. you guys are fortunate to be able to afford the price of the car and its maintainence and operating costs. enjoy those ZL1!
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #24
snackbar64

Drives: SW 2017 ZL1, M6, Carbon, Nav, MR,
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
i just bought a new 2 LT black vert, 2013. i am 55 and have a 9 yr old son. i want a back seat, even if its small. my dealer still has a 13 new yellow ZL1 vert in showroom, and has had it for a long time. the top has been down at least since June. i woiuldnt think that would be good. its is priced at 58K now. i think its a beautul car, but a car like that is a weekend car at best, and not feasible for daily driver. then, in same showroom is a new 14 vette. guess, how many people around it versus the ZL1? 0 at the ZL1, and about 8 to 10 around the sold vette. its the new kid on the block no doubt. but, the ZL1 still has its place. it still has a back seat and a beautiful car. hats off to you folks on here who have one. Most of the population will never see the day they can plop 60K on a camaro. you guys are fortunate to be able to afford the price of the car and its maintainence and operating costs. enjoy those ZL1!
Amen to that brother. I can speak for myself and I am sure for a few others in saying I am truly blessed to own this car. The most expensive car I will ever buy without winning the lottery and I am truly lucky. My wife is also an invaluable part of this relationship.

On another note, don't be fooled by the new Kid on the block C7. The Corvette is probably one of the slowest selling vehicles GM makes next to the Chevy Volt. The Camaro has enjoyed strong sales since the 2010 models hit the dealer lots. The ZL1 is the top dog so it is an even more calculated purchase for many potential owners and thus takes longer to move.

(Hey, I think I just solved their problem. Why not make a good looking car that people actually want to drive with the Volt technology? C7 with Volt drivetrain for Monday-Friday commuting that can be switched off at the press of a button in favor the 500 hp V8 for the weekend) Cadillac looks to be close with the ELR.

Last edited by snackbar64; 11-03-2013 at 09:41 PM.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #25
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I am wondering if we will see this many ZL1s on the market once the 5th gen camaro production ends.

For me, this is a car that doesn't come around often (I can only think of the '70 Chevelle SS 454 as being the last non-corvette Chevrolet that approaches the prowess of the 5th gen ZL1; The ls1 and ls3 camaros get an honorable mention), and it would be a missed opportunity if one decided to trade a ZL1 away (granted if the car is in excellent condition) or worse still, pass up an opportunity to own one.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #26
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Except for going to F Body gathering, which doesn't count as the street I think, I've seen besides mine 1 Black Vert in Miami last January, and one Red one near me. I know of a lady that bought a Rally Yellow one but I haven't seen her drive it, just saw pictures through a mutual friend.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #27
redredrage

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS manual all stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
Appears supply and demand, technology obsolescence, changing interest and NEWEST hot car are all at fault. I'm keeping mine.
your zl1 is freaking sweet.... the colors are awsome, especially the hood
redredrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #28
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
I would guess that that a lot of people trading them thought they could afford it until they got their new insurance premium.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote