Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
binlow84

Drives: '10 Camaro, IBM 2LT/RS
AACstyle LED strip vs. CCFL footwell lighting

Alright, sorry if I'm missing the obvious here but I tried a search and I must not be using the correct keywords because nothing seems to answer my questions.

Anyway, I ordered some interior lighting stuff earlier this week (overhead light LED conversion kit and CCFL footwell lighting kit, both in blue) from AACstyle.com and got an e-mail earlier today saying the CCFL kits are on backorder with an estimated wait time of 1-2 weeks ('course, they charged me for the order on like Monday which I don't particularly appreciate but they seem reputable enough I won't cause a stink over it). They said LED strips are available and that I could get them in the same color and that they put out the same amount of light, however a search of their site pulls up a few potential matches but no examples of the strips installed and working in actual vehicles, so I'm kinda afraid it will have like a fading effect between bulbs where the light cast by each LED bulb dims before the next bulb's light kicks in.

Anyway, what I need to know is if anyone else has used the LED strips for footwell lighting or know of any photos floating around showing them installed. I am perfectly fine with waiting 1-2 weeks if I find I don't like the way the LED strips look but if I don't see any difference between those and the CCFL I will definitely switch my order. Thanks in advance for any help that can be given.
Produced - 2/24/10
In the driveway - 3/4/10
Total time order to delivery - 47 days
binlow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
Jhoneq

Drives: 2010 1LT Victory Red with Black Str
Getting my red LEDs from AAC today. After I get them wired in tonight, I will post a pic.
Jhoneq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhoneq View Post
Getting my red LEDs from AAC today. After I get them wired in tonight, I will post a pic.
I have some of these coming too but they are on backorder. Hopefully mine will come soon.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=41212&page=2

Post #45 shows the LED footwell lights. I really like them! They make a very cool glow in the footwell area

The closeups show the lights, and the further back shots show how well they illuminate the area. I had ordered the CCFLs, but since they were back-ordered, Justin suggested the LEDs. I like them!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:27 PM   #5
HDRS
Fastest V6

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS 06 G6 GTP conv.
You may want to check out my post's at Cup Holder LED lighting and Instrument Panel LED's? This may help you
Attached Images

HDRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:02 PM   #6
binlow84

Drives: '10 Camaro, IBM 2LT/RS
Thanks for the responses and the photos, much appreciated. I went ahead and gave the OK to switch to LEDs (like I said, I could wait 1-2 weeks if the alternative meant sacrificing the look I wanted, but since it appears that is not the case I have no real preference) and I can't wait until everything is here and I can make my car even more "me."

As for the issue with the charge, it's really no big deal (looking back my comment on the matter didn't express my actual thoughts) as I can see that you guys aren't some two-bit outfit operating out of someone's mom's garage. Thanks for the concern on the issue though.

On a side note, I'm really liking your cup holder mod HDRS.... Bookmarked for a future project (after the dash ABL and perhaps the lit rear bow tie) .
Produced - 2/24/10
In the driveway - 3/4/10
Total time order to delivery - 47 days
binlow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #7
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Lighting in the Synergy...
Attached Images

Old 04-22-2010, 11:23 PM   #8
RaspyRon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS SIM
Heres my CCFL blue installed.
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2010, 11:17 AM   #9
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
Shuffler, those dice are sweet
Old 04-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #10
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Yes .... there is a story to those dice. This is my Daughter's car.

It would be highly dangerous to remove them...... take my word.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:00 PM   #11
GraysonPeace
"Go on the last yellow.."

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 CGM
We are very happy with ACC footwell and Dome/Trunk LED lighting. Ours also took a couple of weeks but worth the wait!
GraysonPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:57 PM   #12
2010Bill

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
same here.....AAC is worth the wait, if any
2010Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #13
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

I highly recommend AAC.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #14
MikeTSS

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro/ 1982 El Camino
I was also going to order the footwell lighting and dome LEDs from AAC. I am not sure which color to go with though. My ambient lighting is green but not sure I want to do everything in green. My car in IOM so I was thinking the amber/orange lighting but not sure how that would look with the green AL in the door. Any suggestions?
MikeTSS is offline   Reply With Quote