Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-29-2009, 12:45 PM   #57
Rummel Autosport

Drives: 92 Skyline GTR, 89 240SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd @ INTENSE View Post
We didn't see the need to do 4 inch in a forced induction setup. Everything else is 3 inch and honestly the 3 inch setups we've run such as our 8 second FWD Grand Prix with a 231 ci 6 cylinder or on our INTENSE G8 TT GT make upwards to 900 horsepower. We use a G8 GT MAF Sensor so that necessitated the rise to 4 inch as that point. In a naturally aspirated setup the extra inch would make a difference but in this application no.

As for the blow through setup we've done it both ways before. In particular this setup has dual intakes for the twin turbos so if we put the MAF before the turbos in a draw through scenario we would have had to find a way to get them into one intake or use two different MAF sensors which is messy business.
Good info, thanks. I was wondering if you had tried it both ways and if there was any negative effects, so that answered what I wanted to know.

As for running 2 MAFS I completely agree, it gets messy, it would be much easier if you were converting from 2 to 1 like I normally am when I convert from a factory TT setup to a larger single snail.

Nice looking kit guys
Rummel Autosport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:00 PM   #58
Codefive

Drives: 1000HP 2010 SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmd View Post
The OP is right...

I don't think you guys realize how hard it will be to get these cars to run impressive times. 500rwhp has gone 9's in a 3400lb 4th gen...for example LMR's twisted slayer made almost 600rwhp and ran mid-11's on Drag Radials.

Weight and suspension are key's to running a low number, but with this car you WILL be sacrificing its ability to be a great "all around performer" if you start hacking this car up. The true test will be running great times in the 1/4 and roadcourse. I'm sure we will see many one trick pony's start popping up, running impressive times...if having only a 1/4 mile beast is their goal, I'm sure they will be successful. I will be more impressed with those who take a no compromises approach and create a set up that can do both.

I am aware of this but even still ... with stock cars already running in the 12s with proper drving skills, I cant imagine this car wont run 11s with ease.

Simple math puts HP to weight running this combo far quicker. Take into account stock tires, converter, etc ... and I still think 11s should be easy.

I had a 2001 Cobra with a prototype INCON twin kit on it and at 10 psi it made 600RWHP. At 3800lbs, On a stock tire shifting a Viper spec T-56, the car ran mid 11s at over 130 at OSW (Since the owner is in FL, ask Randy Weisinger (track manager), he knows the car well) I was getting 2.20 60fts due to the lack of traction trying to launch the car with stock suspension & tire. So with an automatic and slightly less HP, launching should be easier & he wont be anhilating the tires on shifts (as I did with the Cobra) Put a set of Nitto 555Rs on it and even with the stock converter, this thing should hit low 11s easily. (IMO)

Regardless of the actual ET the car runs ... that project is awesome and is a testement to Intense's ability to engineer and deliver a wicked street car!!! I have no doubt that it will be a force to be reckoned with.
Codefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:29 AM   #59
salohi

Drives: 90 Black Camaro, 02 Sable

salohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:26 AM   #60
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codefive View Post
I am aware of this but even still ... with stock cars already running in the 12s with proper drving skills, I cant imagine this car wont run 11s with ease.

Simple math puts HP to weight running this combo far quicker. Take into account stock tires, converter, etc ... and I still think 11s should be easy.

I had a 2001 Cobra with a prototype INCON twin kit on it and at 10 psi it made 600RWHP. At 3800lbs, On a stock tire shifting a Viper spec T-56, the car ran mid 11s at over 130 at OSW (Since the owner is in FL, ask Randy Weisinger (track manager), he knows the car well) I was getting 2.20 60fts due to the lack of traction trying to launch the car with stock suspension & tire. So with an automatic and slightly less HP, launching should be easier & he wont be anhilating the tires on shifts (as I did with the Cobra) Put a set of Nitto 555Rs on it and even with the stock converter, this thing should hit low 11s easily. (IMO)

Regardless of the actual ET the car runs ... that project is awesome and is a testement to Intense's ability to engineer and deliver a wicked street car!!! I have no doubt that it will be a force to be reckoned with.
I hope he runs the number, I'm just trying to be realistic. Hennessey, LMR etc have dyno'd several cars making 550rwhp+ and trapped 121+/-, although that is in summer heat. We'll see this fall, I hope we are all pleasantly surprised.

Intense does a great job for sure...if I had gone the turbo route, they would have been at the top of the list!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:53 PM   #61
Jchaluja

Drives: ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codefive View Post

We'll see at the track. I wanted to go this Wednesday but it looks like it will rain. If it does not rain, I'll be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmd View Post
I hope he runs the number, I'm just trying to be realistic. Hennessey, LMR etc have dyno'd several cars making 550rwhp+ and trapped 121+/-, although that is in summer heat. We'll see this fall, I hope we are all pleasantly surprised.

Intense does a great job for sure...if I had gone the turbo route, they would have been at the top of the list!
Intense did a great job with the car, I've been daily driving this car and it is perfect, I just hate that I can't be stepping on it all the time, otherwise, I'll be getting lots of tickets
Jchaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:38 PM   #62
Todd @ INTENSE

Drives: 2009 PBM G8 GT
You've seen pictures of the quality of our prototype INTENSE Camaro Twin Turbo Kit. You've seen the videos of the awesome sound and power it produces. You've read the owner's testimonial after driving it from Columbus to Florida. Now, finally, you can experience this excitement for yourself.

The INTENSE 2010 Camaro Standard Twin Turbo System is the highest quality turbo system on the market today and will initially retail for $7,699.99. This setup has produced 545 rwhp (~665 crank horsepower) on an L99 with 93 octane and should produce even more on an LS3. It includes the following top quality USA made parts:
  • Twin Precision Turbo 5862 Turbochargers (58mm intake, 62mm outlet, journal bearing, oil fed, capable of 1,000 horsepower)
  • Twin Tial 44mm Wastegates with 0.7 bar springs (produces approximately 8 psi)
  • Tial 50mm Blow Off Valve
  • Top Quality 9.5" x 23.5" x 4" Bar and Plate Air to Air Intercooler (capable of 1,000 horsepower)
  • Hose Techniques Silicon Couplings
  • Stainless Steel exhaust piping
  • We are exploring different types of coating for the charged pipes
  • K&N Air filters with Precharger covers and aluminum guard plate
  • Turbo Werx TWX-300-12V EXA Scavenger Pump with all required relays
  • Uses stock manifolds and attaches to factory cat-back exhaust system or any aftermarket system that mates to the stock location
  • Custom INTENSE Chrome Emblem Badging
  • All required lines, fittings, and high quality stainless steel clamps

The INTENSE 2010 Camaro Premium Twin Turbo System will include all of the above parts along with the following upgraded parts and retail for $8,999.99
  • Twin Precision Turbo 5862B Turbochargers (58mm intake, 62mm outlet, ball bearing, oil fed, water cooled, capable of 1,000 horsepower, 400 rpm quicker spool time)
  • Extra coolant fittings and connections

Along with everything included in the kit, we recommend the following items with this or any other forced induction kit. While these items are not included and are not required, we consider adding them the right way to make power safely and maximize performance gains.
  • Colder Thermostat
  • Colder Spark Plugs
  • Larger Fuel Injectors with adapters
  • Aftermarket Exhaust system such as Corsa, SLP, or Magnaflow.
  • Custom Dyno-Tune

Installation time is approximately 20 hours at our normal labor pricing of $75/hour. The first 8-10 installs must be done here at our shop. This will allow us to make sure that our customers are happy and satisfied with the kit as well as allow us to streamline installation instructions and procedures.
Pricing is not completely set as we are still waiting on some quotes to be finalized on various kit parts however all pre-orders placed during the month of September, 2009 and secured with a 25% deposit will get this listed pricing even if the final pricing goes up. Orders and installations will be handled on a first come first serve basis.

Place your order today and amaze your friends, wow your family, and put a smile on your face every time you drive your INTENSE Twin Turbo powered Camaro.
Todd @ INTENSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:07 PM   #63
general23cmp

Drives: 2010 RS SS
Could I get a link or have more video sent to me of this twin setup. This is definitely what I am looking for...
general23cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:16 PM   #64
Jchaluja

link to more pics - http://www.intense-racing.com/images/camaro/ttkit/
Old 09-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #65
Jchaluja

I'm going to the track tomorrow. I should be able to post time slips.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:23 PM   #66
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I like the look of those dynos. Add some headers and a catback exhaust for even more. With the right tune, we could be seeing some very shattering track numbers.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:28 AM   #67
dmack2k7

Drives: 02 mitsubishi Eclipse SpyderGT
still gotta wait for the specs of sts setup. i must compare
dmack2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:29 AM   #68
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchaluja View Post
I'm going to the track tomorrow. I should be able to post time slips.
Good luck man, keep us posted!
Old 09-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #69
Todd @ INTENSE

Drives: 2009 PBM G8 GT
We are waiting as well to see the track numbers
Todd @ INTENSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #70
Jchaluja

Went to the track amd had a horrible time trying to get the car to hook up on street tires. My 60' was 2.11 with TC ON and 12.3 1/4 mile, tc kicked in but was the best I could do. It was kinda hot and when I ran with tc off, I would spin the tires half the track.

I need to learn/find out how to launch this car, it has lots of power but I can't get it to take off properly. I will try again next week and get more practice with the launch, I should get into the 11's if I ever take off correctly.

Recommendations are welcomed!

Pharmad: How did you launched yours? I was horrible off the line