Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
AVNMechanic

Drives: Want a 2SS/RS IOM
Big rims and small rims rant

Ok, so this is the first thread I've created on this forum, and the reason I feel I need make this thread is because the way people act of this forum regarding other people's rim size choices.

There is a saying "You do you and I'll do me." I personally don't like anything over 20" rims. That being said I would never make fun of or belittle some one else's personal preference. The reason is because it is THEIR choice on THEIR car or a car similar to theirs.

Calling someone's rims ghettolishious or a donk or any other name in a derogatory way is disgusting and disgraceful. Also stereotyping a car because of the rims size i.e. "That must be v6 because he's got 24's on." fits into this category.

So for everyone on this forum that don't give a damn if the car next to you has 18's or 24's I applaud you. Much love and respect.

To all those people who force feed your negativism down other people's throats...

Now where can I get me some beautiful Forgestar 19 or 20x11.5's with 315 DR's???
Old 12-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
simonmcnasty
The Juggernaught

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Amen, Personally I am planning to run 22's...and have read the post where people are all negitive and positive but never responded because I dont give a damn if you like my choice of rims. Im gonna do me.

2010 IBM 2SS RS / LG G6X3 Cam / 1 7/8" Kooks headers / Hi-Flo Cats / ADM Cold air / Magnaflow 3" exhaust / UD Pulley / Sam Miller Tune / SAE 481RWHP 441RWTQ / Eibach Pro-kit / Eibach front and rear sway bars / Elite Catch Can / DRL Harness and AAC Plasma bulbs
simonmcnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
i agree. im running 24s too!
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #4
Neriah

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkdreads View Post
i agree. im running 24s too!
And whadya know... you got a V6!!

Nothing wrong with that.... if you like them, then
Full BMR bushings and suspension.
Neriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neriah View Post
And whadya know... you got a V6!!

Nothing wrong with that.... if you like them, then
thank you mr. obvious!
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:28 PM   #6
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVNMechanic View Post
Ok, so this is the first thread I've created on this forum, and the reason I feel I need make this thread is because the way people act of this forum regarding other people's rim size choices.

There is a saying "You do you and I'll do me." I personally don't like anything over 20" rims. That being said I would never make fun of or belittle some one else's personal preference. The reason is because it is THEIR choice on THEIR car or a car similar to theirs.

Calling someone's rims ghettolishious or a donk or any other name in a derogatory way is disgusting and disgraceful. Also stereotyping a car because of the rims size i.e. "That must be v6 because he's got 24's on." fits into this category.

So for everyone on this forum that don't give a damn if the car next to you has 18's or 24's I applaud you. Much love and respect.

To all those people who force feed your negativism down other people's throats...

Now where can I get me some beautiful Forgestar 19 or 20x11.5's with 315 DR's???
Ck with Nineball. He has great pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmcnasty View Post
Amen, Personally I am planning to run 22's...and have read the post where people are all negitive and positive but never responded because I dont give a damn if you like my choice of rims. Im gonna do me.
22's with a drop look awesome!
Old 12-25-2011, 09:30 PM   #7
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
While I don't always agree with some of the things people do to these cars I was taught that if you can't say anything positive don't say anything at all.

I will not criticize(sp) someone elses choices for their car unless they actively recruit opinions. Some people go out of their way to put other peoples cars down. My .02.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:33 PM   #8
njmike

Drives: Inferno orange Vert
22" with a drop I think looks best also 24" looks good only when the rims are color matched to the car
Old 12-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #9
INtha305

Drives: 2010 camaro lt
I have 24s on mine and i like the ride. I honestly can't tell the difference from factory rims. Just gotta be a lot more careful of course. But I had made a thread about the same topic a little while ago. People have so much hate for bigger rims. 24s are big, but only 3" bigger than u can get from factory. I love the look of the wheels filling up the wheel well. No chrome, just a sporty looking 24. But that's my opinion. And I'm paying for it. And it's my car. I don't care who don't like it.. That's the best thing about buying a car. U can do what YOU want to it. U can buy the car to race in, or cruise in. Looks or performance. Either way, it's your decision. U want to cut up your frame and suspension and put 30" floaters on your Camaro, more power to u. As for me, my color matching 24s make me happy and fit my needs
INtha305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #10
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
This is 'bout the 50th time I've stated I have 22's and 24's. I liked the offset look. Hate having exposed wheelwell. I think my set up is hot. Others think I'm "ghettolicious", but haters gonna hate. That's what they do. They hang around haters, so that's all they know. I have much love for the whole C5 family, whether they're stock or flashy customs. Even the donk riders. The OP is right on the money. They're doing them, and I'm doing me. Just fine, and don't need any help.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #11
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
This is 'bout the 50th time I've stated I have 22's and 24's. I liked the offset look. Hate having exposed wheelwell. I think my set up is hot. Others think I'm "ghettolicious", but haters gonna hate. That's what they do. They hang around haters, so that's all they know. I have much love for the whole C5 family, whether they're stock or flashy customs. Even the donk riders. The OP is right on the money. They're doing them, and I'm doing me. Just fine, and don't need any help.
Your ride looks great willy.... not a fan of big wheels, espacially ones that over the top, but you cant really tell looks great...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #12
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVNMechanic View Post

You're a stand up guy! Thanks for your service to our country!
I've posted on some of these wheel size threads that I'm just not a fan of anything over 20" and I hope I didn't offend anyone by stating my opinion! I'm more performance oriented than looks so I stuck with 20" when I ordered my Forgestar F14's! However, with that said, I do like the way the larger 22" wheels fill the wheel well and I've seen some incredible 22 & 24" wheels, just not my cup of tea for MY car! I do respect everyone's right to his or her taste! If we all had the same taste and all had the same wheels how boring would that be? :(
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #13
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
20 inch Guy here but ,I like to see other sizes It's a lot of 21, 22 , RIMMED CARS ON THIS SITE THAT I LOVE TO LOOK AT ,SOME OF THEM I USE FOR MY SCREEN SAVER

ALWAY BE YOU DO YOU
Wantconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #14
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post
While I don't always agree with some of the things people do to these cars I was taught that if you can't say anything positive don't say anything at all.

I will not criticize(sp) someone elses choices for their car unless they actively recruit opinions. Some people go out of their way to put other peoples cars down. My .02.
Well , if someone asks my opinion , i will give MY opinion , i am not running for office , if you don't want to know MY opinion ....do not ask , you my not like it . I WILL NOT DANCE AROUND IT .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote