Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #169
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadyshac View Post
Number three is the people. Every Camaro owner I see on the street DOES NOT WAVE. They do not do anything except hammer it, and start weaving through traffic at 100 plus, hoping you will chase them. Umm, no. Go ahead. I can’t count how many times that has happened, and next time I see them is on the shoulder. Red and blues.

I am calling BS here, nice rant, don't let the door hit you.........
+1 on this one. I call BS as well. While some camaro drivers have a bit of attitude, most I see are very responsible drivers unless they are very young kids and their parents flipped the coin for their spoiled bratts to have a muscle car that they have no business being in.

Around my parts, if you screw around in a new camaro, the cops learn your car very quickly and start looking for you so most drive extremely responsibly. I wear out my cruise control on the highway.

I see many more stang owners driving recklessly, probably because alot of them are owned by younger drivers because they cost less (because they are less of a car looking at the total package of the car compared to the camaro).

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #170
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Ya your the one that made some comment about me needing to prove something in my pants. Not sure how you came to that comment but the more you type the more we learn about you.

I would like to add about my project carThe $92K total is the total for my entire project when finished, right now I am running around 700 HP at the crank. When done she will be at 820-840 HP at the crank plus a totally redesigned camaro from nearly bumper to bumper and from roof to the ground.

840 hp would be a solid 200 hp MORE then a brand new ZR1 vette and at a price of +$20K less then the vette. And in a car that I can actually take my wife AND little girl for a drive in with total comfort and get FAR more attention in then any base vette would.

Honestly, yes I like the attention my car gets from others when I drive around in town, who wouldn't. Its not the reason I spend money on my project. Buy a car because its the car you want, not because you THINK its the car you want.

By that I mean, research the car before you buy it. Before I bought my car, which was relatively early on in the live of the 5th gen model, I already knew the car was very heavy, was not overly fast (Because of weight), had relatively weak AC and some complained about paint chips and cramped driving space.

I tool all this into account, low performance, even with +400 base HP can be easily changed, no issue. The weight of the camaro helps it handle the top end speed and adds to ride comfort, bonus, not con. Weak AC, I live in Montana, sometimes we hit 100 degrees but not often, not a real issue, paint chips, wanted a camaro so would see what happened. Cramped driving space, I am 6'3" and wear a ball cap all the time, have never had a problem and love the feel of the right cockpit.

Again, do a bit of research and learn about the vehicle you want to buy before you pull the trigger, could have saved yourself some time. Of course, there is nothing out there about you would not get waved to.... Have to learn that hard lesson on your own. Its a tough one to learn and you need a solid self esteme to handle it when someone does not wave back at you. You will survive though!!

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #171
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
I can't imagine how the 221,000 Camaro owners felt in 67...the 235,000 in 68 and 243,000 felt in 69.

We in the third gen Chevy Cavalier crowd have a wave when we pass...it's different than the first and second generation wave though so I became jealous. Then I saw the Cobalt "owner wave" was cooler than the Cavalier, so I sold my Cavalier for a Cobalt. THEN the Cobalt SS wave was cooler so I sold the Cobalt for a Cobalt SS...

I ended up with this to satisfy my longing for belonging...Not only do I get waves, they all laugh, point fingers at me and shake their heads...I get ALL the attention I need!

It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 07-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #172
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Congrats on the ugliest hood ive ever seen on a vette.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #173
walky35

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
I can't imagine how the 221,000 Camaro owners felt in 67...the 235,000 in 68 and 243,000 felt in 69.

We in the third gen Chevy Cavalier crowd have a wave when we pass...it's different than the first and second generation wave though so I became jealous. Then I saw the Cobalt "owner wave" was cooler than the Cavalier, so I sold my Cavalier for a Cobalt. THEN the Cobalt SS wave was cooler so I sold the Cobalt for a Cobalt SS...

I ended up with this to satisfy my longing for belonging...Not only do I get waves, they all laugh, point fingers at me and shake their heads...I get ALL the attention I need!

that might be the funniest thing iv seen in awhile
Old 07-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #174
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post

Ok now I know you are just trolling.. just go away we get it you don't like the Camaro and think you are big stuff with a Vette..
I think it is just your typical A type personality at play here ...
Old 07-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #175
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Maybe you two can hook up and start the Houston area C6 elite wave socialite chapter. I heard she is available.

All joking aside..you had plenty of options at your hands to remedy the Camaro issues. FOr one, you bought the car USED. Who knows what the past owner did or how well (or poor) he maintained the car. If you had exhausted ALL avenues with no satisfaction, then could I see how you are jaded.

This "wave" thing? I just don't see how owning a Camaro (or Corvette) requires another person driving the same car to wave. What if a guy driving a Monte Carlo waved at you? What would your reaction be? Would your thoughts be to avoid waving back because he drives a Monte?

A wave as a prerequisite? I looked in my Camaro owners manual front to back for hours and Googled it...I didn't see anything in it that mentions Camaro owners were required to wave.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 07-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #176
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
I'm too busy driving and paying attention to the road to wave at anyone.

Plus, by the time I see them coming, before I can take my hand off the wheel, they're already gone.

I don't have a need for people to wave at me to let me know what a wonderful beast I have the privilage to own and drive.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #177
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
@ Banshee

Good to see you back, we have missed your words of wit and edification. Also congrats on your new purchase.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #178
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Old 07-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #179
stockv

Drives: CTS-V
Not a fan of any conv. but very nice vette!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #180
parkermoeder

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss
Lucky i live in kansas where if i drive for an hour around town ill see maybe 2 camaros MAYBE sometimes none. only one around and my paint has no problems but if it was pelling GM would be hearing about it really quick
-Stainless Power headers
-Cold Air Inductions Intake
-Blue oracle halos
-Satin black ZL1 replicas
-315 invos and other cosmetic mods
Old 07-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #181
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
I agree the paint is just awful. I think in another couple of years I won't have any paint left on my car. But as far as selling because nobody waves or there's too many around is just crazy. The reason you don't see many vettes is because most owners are over 50 and only bring them out on weekends.
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.

Last edited by Rcfiddy1; 07-10-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #182
sportyb24
Romanian Outlaw

Drives: 13 ZL1 , 14 Silverado Crew Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpartan117 View Post
Alright, I'll bite.
1. I can't say the paint is excellent, seeing as how I have maybe one or two rock chips, but that is the risk you run when you drive a car on the highway. My folks have German and Japanese cars and if I was to go take a look at them right this instance, I am sure I would find the same thing.
2. Yes, down here in Houston they are nearly a dime a dozen and that does take away some of the special-ness of the Camaro. We don't have much of a winter, so the cars don't "hibernate" which adds to the air of mystique. I however, see the Camaro as a blank canvas for you to express yourself. I don't feel the need to modify to set myself apart. If I wanted a different car that no one else would have, I'd get either something really old, or something that rots on dealer lots along the lines of a Acura ZDX (picked due to the low sales volume, not an actual vehicle I would consider).
3. I haven't had any owner give me a wave either. I used to think that maybe it was because I am in my twenties and maybe they thought it was given to me by my parents. It is not. I am a working professional and as a matter of fact, my parents were vehemently opposed to me getting it. Then I thought maybe it was because I carried myself in a way that maybe made them think I wouldn't be receptive to a compliment? Then I came to the conclusion that some people just see this as a point a to point b car and don't consider it to be special in any way. Whatever the real reason may be, I do not feel the need to get rid of my car because my vehicle choice is not validated by other motorists on the road. Frankly, with how distracted our drivers are here in the US with all the in-car tech and ever increasing popularity of smart phones, I'd rather never receive a wave then have said driver cause an accident due to being focused on trying to get my attention.
I am glad you got a great deal on a 2007 vette with an LS2 V8 with 400hp. You are right it doesn't compare with a ZL1 with a LSA with 580hp and 3rd gen magnetorheological shocks. Don't get me wrong I like vettes, they are just not for me. They are sports cars and our (your former) cars are muscle cars.
Don't fault the Camaro for the actions and words of a few. I am sure some people would ask you why didn't you get a Z06, GS or ZR1. Its your car and you got your car bc that's what you wanted. In closing, enjoy your new car, it sounds like its a better fit for you anyways.

Closed Thread