Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-02-2023, 08:22 PM   #1
Fiilthyy

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Code U0100 **HELP** No crank, stuck in park

So basically I have an auto 2014 Camaro SS and I took my engine and trans out cause I didn’t know whether my trans took a shit or if it was my torque converter which later I found out it was the torque converter and I also had ordered my cam kit with dod delete & vvt delete so to not struggle with the engine inside the car removing my heads etc etc it was easier for me to pull everything out and do everything on an engine stand, I replaced my converter and put the cam in then when I slapped everything back into the car I connected all the sensors, grounds, etc etc and I got my ecm flashed by a local tuner to be able to turn it on to check for any leaks but when I put my key in it wouldn’t crank only the check engine light willl showed I swapped out my battery thinking it was a dead battery since the car didn’t move for like 1 month then still the same issue, I then checked my starter and it was perfect, I plug in the scanner and the code U0100 pops up saying “lost communications with ecm/pcm” , I then check my fuses and they’re all good, the trunk the driver side panel and under the hood.. I then take my entire harness off to replug everything back in to make sure I didn’t skip any grounds or any plugs but everything seems to be in order and only 1 plug that isn’t plugged in which was the DOD valley cover plug, what could be my issue? I’ve been struggling for 4 days trying to find the issue. It also doesn’t go into any gear it’s stuck in park and says “engine power reduced” or something like that can’t recall . Any help is appreciated! Sorry for the very long paragraph btw lol
Fiilthyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 07:46 AM   #2
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Long paragraph, Hell, That is basically one long sentence.

I would be concerned about ECM flashed by local tuner. Was this in the car or did you pull the ECM?

Either you have a wiring problem, a voltage problem, or a bad ECM. Beyond that It's a wild guess without being there to diagnose in person.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 08:10 AM   #3
Fiilthyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
Long paragraph, Hell, That is basically one long sentence.

I would be concerned about ECM flashed by local tuner. Was this in the car or did you pull the ECM?

Either you have a wiring problem, a voltage problem, or a bad ECM. Beyond that It's a wild guess without being there to diagnose in person.
sorry about that long paragraph lol but I pulled the ECM and took it to him. Any helpful tips to try finding the issue? I might pull the harness out once again and start from scratch plugging everything back where it goes just to quadruple check lol. I also cleaned the ground in the trunk but it didn’t help.
Old 05-03-2023, 08:29 AM   #4
gtstorey

Look up the factory service manual steps to diagnose the code, but it might refer to tools you don't have.

Is the scanner you using actually able to receive any live data at all?

For the ecm to actually communicate over the network doesn't take a lot. It needs power and the data path to be complete. You can do some basic checks described here for the data path.

http://resources.aeswave.com/ATG-05_...%20may%20occur.

Beyond that, get the correct wiring diagrams for your model and start tracing down the power and data path wiring for the ECM. Both the wiring and diagnostic steps should be available through ALLDATA.com
Old 05-03-2023, 02:00 PM   #5
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
May or may not help but if you have the tune try WRITE ENTIRE to the ECM with it connected in the car and fully plugged in. If the canbus sees other modules missing it can cause issues.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 06:56 PM   #6
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
May or may not help but if you have the tune try WRITE ENTIRE to the ECM with it connected in the car and fully plugged in. If the canbus sees other modules missing it can cause issues.
Also, make sure he disabled the dod. If it was left enabled the bus might be looking for the dod module & it is now unplugged.
2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 08:18 PM   #7
gtstorey

Just checked the 2010 service manual and the U0100 should be followed by a 2 digit number that will tell you more information about exactly what is going on with the ECM.

There is no module for the DOD lifters. They are controlled by the ECM by grounding.
Old 05-04-2023, 04:58 AM   #8
acutron42

That would have been too easy anyway gt. I think your 1st post sums it up & considering it has been apart & flashed like that adds so many variables to the mix.
2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
Old 05-04-2023, 03:14 PM   #9
Fiilthyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acutron42 View Post
That would have been too easy anyway gt. I think your 1st post sums it up & considering it has been apart & flashed like that adds so many variables to the mix.
So I took it to the shop today and pin #2 on the transmission plug is broken, will that have anything to do with it? Cause he said it could be causing an open circuit.
Picture:
https://ibb.co/jrCPnYz
Old 05-04-2023, 03:36 PM   #10
gtstorey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiilthyy View Post
So I took it to the shop today and pin #2 on the transmission plug is broken, will that have anything to do with it? Cause he said it could be causing an open circuit.
Picture:
https://ibb.co/jrCPnYz
Doubtful, but I guess possible if that is a data path pin. Or if you got your code number wrong and it's actually U0101 which is a lost com with TCM.

Did he look up the wiring diagram to see what pin 2 is?
Old 05-04-2023, 03:57 PM   #11
acutron42

I will pull up my alldata account & see what I can find. U0100 is generic & doesn't give you much to go on. Ill see where that pin goes & hopefully it's a good clue.
Old 05-04-2023, 04:55 PM   #12
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
black and tan pairs are canbus if I remember right just an fyi
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 05:05 PM   #13
gtstorey

Might should have already asked, but is the U code coming back after cleared or just left over from pulling the ECM for tuning.
Old 05-04-2023, 05:26 PM   #14
acutron42

Here is the U0100 code info. From what I have read the #2 pin might not be used & would probably set a P code anyway.
Attached Images