Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #15
Oldrocker

Drives: 2010 SS2/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Fast4U2010 View Post
It's all in how the dealer writes it up, it can be done. If the dealers take care of there customers and products, they will come back to buy more cars. Customer Service is just a good way to deal with people.
Isn't this considered fraud? I would rather go to an honest dealer than go to one that would be willing to defraud GM. If they would defraud GM what makes you think they won't defraud you when you come back as a happy customer because of the free work they had done in the past? Man damage like this is why we pay insurance.
Oldrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #16
boro62

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
I don't think i want to claim it through insurance because i have a $700 deductible, and im not sure if its worth it. I'm waiting for them to get back to me on the exact price since they said it wasn't even in their system yet.

Feels like anything i do, i'll just have to fork up the money...

On the bright side, I should have my KW V3's, Eibach Sways, Volant Intake, SLP LMII, and a few other goodies in the next few weeks.
boro62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:15 AM   #17
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Don't claim it through insurance, its not worth having anything on your record with them. This is a very possible problem and no its not covered by warranty. Sucks yes, but technically its damage not a defect. Warrantys are for defects.

I believe the dealers story, if you don't then ask them to show you where the damage is, that should allay all fears.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #18
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrocker View Post
If this is from debris this isn't "warranty work" and the dealer won't get paid. And if not getting paid keeps the customers wanting free work coming back I doubt they want that customer, I know I don't.
I think you missed my point here. I have had dealers claim warranty work when the part may or may not have been damaged. The dealers have then replaced my parts and gotten paid by the manufacturer. It is all how they word the warranty report.

Last edited by Scrappy Doo; 01-05-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #19
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
come on guys take it easy its just someone giving there opinion.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #20
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Hopefully your front defroster still works ok without the AC working. It does stink that it takes so long to get replacement parts for the Camaro.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:38 PM   #21
Oldrocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
I think you missed my point here. I have had dealers claim warranty work when the part may or may not have been damaged. The dealers have then replaced my parts and gotten paid by the manufacturer. It is all how they word the warranty report.

Don't assume they arn't getting paid before you call me out.
Sorry if I sounded like I was calling you out, this was not my intention. I just feel it is wrong for the dealer to turn something in as warranty when it shouldn't be. If it is damage then it has nothing to do with a manufacturing defect and the manufacturer shoud not be expected to foot the bill.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #22
streetsteve

Drives: 05 srt-4, e1 turbo,too fast for fwd
a dealer may not be able to cover it, when i worked at a motorcycle dealership the manufacturer would not need to see the replaced part unless it was over a certain doller amount, so we could fudge a few things and get covered for our customers, but im betting gm will ask to see the condensor because of the cost of the part, and they will not reimburse the dealer for that kind of damage, remember the warrant will only cover manufacturer defects, its not gm's fault a rock went thru the condensor, but on some smaller dollar amount items the dealer may cover as a courtesy to the customer
streetsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:37 PM   #23
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrocker View Post
Sorry if I sounded like I was calling you out, this was not my intention. I just feel it is wrong for the dealer to turn something in as warranty when it shouldn't be. If it is damage then it has nothing to do with a manufacturing defect and the manufacturer shoud not be expected to foot the bill.
No problem. Ya, I don't exactly agree with it. But it felt like the dealer was going to bat for the customer (me). I bought another truck from him after and referred 3 people that also bought vehicles from him.

I also had my headliner damaged by a service tech at the dealer replacing a sliding rear window gasket. That got written up as a "faulty" headliner that was "coming apart." Warranty repair.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #24
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
How the heck can a rock go through the AC condensor? There would have to be damage elsewhere as well. This sounds like they are feeding you BS. A rock going fast enough to put a hole there is gonna damage some other parts. Right? Ok, my SS is sleeping. Can we get a pic of where the AC condensor is?
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:20 PM   #25
streetsteve

Drives: 05 srt-4, e1 turbo,too fast for fwd
condenser looks just like the radiator but thinner and is directly in front of it, they are real fragile i have seen rock hit them before, not on camaros but other cars, ask your dealer to give you a break, sometimes they will take care of the labor, your not only looking at replacing a condensor, now you have to vacume out the whole ac system and recharge it, plus dealer cost on a condensor will more likely top 600 bucks, i would see if they superceed to another car model and get an aftermarket one
streetsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #26
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
Yes some will, but GM ALWAYS has the right to request for the part to be sent back to them for inspection. If GM inspects it and finds the damage the dealer will eat 100% of the repair and it could also signal an "audit", and believe me NO dealer wants an audit.
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #27
Oldrocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggin2 View Post
Yes some will, but GM ALWAYS has the right to request for the part to be sent back to them for inspection. If GM inspects it and finds the damage the dealer will eat 100% of the repair and it could also signal an "audit", and believe me NO dealer wants an audit.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #28
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Absolutely not covered.

The scummy Lou Bachrodt Mazda wouldn't even give me a loaner until they checked if the ac problem was due to a hole in the condensor. (It wasn't)

Apparently they've been burned by giving out warranty rental cars, and then finding a hole in the condensor. Then the manufacturer does not pay for anything, and the sh*t hits the fan.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote