Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 01-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
Ant

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT/RS (V6)
Do you think the Camaro will be as common as the Mustang?

Mustangs are so common these days...do you think the streets will be flooded with Camaros like they are with Mustangs?

One thing I like about the Dodge Challenger over the Mustang, is that they aren't as common and you don't see them on the roads as much.
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
At the Camaro's affordable price, I'm afraid so, but never in the numbers of the Hyundai.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
For GM's sake I hope so. But honestly I hope there aren't many where I live.

Hey big man let me hold a dollar
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldave24v View Post
For GM's sake I hope so. But honestly I hope there aren't many where I live.
X2!

While I want the Camaro to be around for a long time...I do hope there are fewer around than Mustangs...I see Mustangs everywhere!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
It will take a couple of years to start having a size-able number of cars on the road then maybe for a couple of years the sales will be similar to mustang but drop off toward a redesign year. Then it's cross your fingers that a design with the impact of this one comes out to keep the sales up. I hope it's not just a couple of things they change like the front bumper on the 4rth gen. That's a sure way to kill sales in the long run. The people that buy cars every few years will say to themselves I don't want a design that's 6 years old and so on. In 2002 the 4rth gen design was 10 years old. So yes in a couple of years it may be just as common, I still will appreciate mine I'm not buying it for other people to look at.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #6
Alarick

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Honestly, I hope we see the v6's everywhere, and in or around v6 Mustang numbers.

BUT.....
It would be nice if the SS numbers where low enough that you take notice of one when it passed by, unlike the hoard of of Mustang GT's, but still high enough for GM to want to keep making them.
Alarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #7
Gary B

Drives: Subaru
We all hate to see a lot of the same car you own driving around, BUT, like it or not we NEED to see a lot around to keep the Camaro around and getting better with every redesign.
Gary B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:54 PM   #8
2010 SS
Elderly Man

Drives: Your Local Bus
The single reason I wont consider a Mustang is because everyone, and I do stress the word EVERYONE has one in my area.

They are played out beyond belief. It's to the point where even if there is a heavily modified Cobra or Saleen, it's just whatever. You don't even notice or give a second look.

This is why I love my Evo X. It's a head turner everywhere since there really aren't many out there, especially heavily modified ones.

I have my fingers crossed that there are a good amount of Camaros out there to make it a success, but not to the point where every 3rd car in the mall parking lot is a Camaro.
2010 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:55 PM   #9
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I want to see one in every state, every town, every street, and every driveway!!!!
SS's, V6s, modified, stock, new, used...I hope they're everywhere!!!

I see lots of Mustangs myself, and I consider it a compliment to the brand. I hope Camaro has the same fate.

Not to mention...I'd rather look at a million Mustangs than a single Prius. And there are a LOT of those crappy little lunchboxes rolling around here.

Bring on the Camaros!!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 08:00 PM   #10
t3chfr3ak

Drives: mazda 6
Although it is nice to have something no one else has, we will always have aftermarket products to make it like no other. Thats my plan.
t3chfr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:01 PM   #11
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I want to see one in every state, every town, every street, and every driveway!!!!
SS's, V6s, modified, stock, new, used...I hope they're everywhere!!!

I see lots of Mustangs myself, and I consider it a compliment to the brand. I hope Camaro has the same fate.

Not to mention...I'd rather look at a million Mustangs than a single Prius. And there are a LOT of those crappy little lunchboxes rolling around here.

Bring on the Camaros!!!!
While I think it would be cool for the Camaro to be a slightly uncommon car to see, it would be best for the company and the future of the car if it sold like crazy. I would love to see the V8's sell well for a while to show all the Prius lovers that not everyone is concerned about green cars with 100 hp (no that is not right but I think it is close when the engines are combined lol). My only concern is that the Camaro buyers will be largely teens as the Mustang is, who as a whole are terrible drivers. I see Mustangs in wrecks all the time around my school, and although they are usually just fender benders I would hate to see Camaro's being disgraced in such a manner. Hopefully only mature teens will be driving Camaro's, and then anyone older than that.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #12
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
I couldn't care less if everybody had the same car as me, mine will always be a little quicker than 99 percent of them anyway
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #13
Ant

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT/RS (V6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
It will take a couple of years to start having a size-able number of cars on the road then maybe for a couple of years the sales will be similar to mustang but drop off toward a redesign year. Then it's cross your fingers that a design with the impact of this one comes out to keep the sales up. I hope it's not just a couple of things they change like the front bumper on the 4rth gen. That's a sure way to kill sales in the long run. The people that buy cars every few years will say to themselves I don't want a design that's 6 years old and so on. In 2002 the 4rth gen design was 10 years old. So yes in a couple of years it may be just as common, I still will appreciate mine I'm not buying it for other people to look at.
I think you said it best. I think it will take a few years for the Camaros to be common quite common, but I don't expect to see the streets flooded with them upon release.
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:17 PM   #14
Tal

Drives: Old
It won't happen overnight but in a few years the numbers will be similiar to the Mustang's, the SS will remain relatively rare though.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote