Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #29
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack71 View Post
No, there was no mistake.

Me and MikeSS seem to be in the same situation. (haha, "situation")
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:36 PM   #30
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
happy birthday

I'm part of the young spoiled/unspoiled (depends on where you're looking at it) group though
but like someone also mentioned I too have parents that worked hard to be able to provide well for themselves and their children. I just happen to be one of theirs
Old 06-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #31
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
I feel like this thread should be started with:

But then I saw these kids were serious and I decided this was better:

MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:53 PM   #32
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Several things:

(1) The point is that by saying "There is no WOW factor with the Camaro," you sound bratty, spoiled and totally ungrateful. I'm not saying that is the case. I'm saying that is how it sounds.

(2) Just because parents do well does NOT mean they automatically provide their children with nice cars. I have friends who don't have a large amount of money but have bought their children more expensive cars than they themselves drive, and I have friends who do very well but make their children pay for every cent of their cars and insurance.

(3) I bought my daughter a v8 vehicle every bit as nice as what you young guys have been given, at the same age, so I have no beef with that at all. The difference is your attitudes which are seemingly totally unimpressed with your good fortune and great automobiles.

As I posted earlier, I feel sorry for you if you're already so blase at such a young age.
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:08 PM   #33
10spokess
Wild and Cammed

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Happy birthday to the OP I'm glad your loving your Camaro, I know I have loved mine for as long as I've had it
Old 06-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #34
MClarenF1

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS A6
what the heck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you people twist words and change meanings!!!!!!!

i said i love this car and am glad im lucky enough to have it!!!!!!!!
someone said respect the poewr, i said i dont abuse it, i mostly like to save gas so i dont have to ask for gas money. I just said I wasn't overwhelmed wit the power compared to the fact that ppl in my family have much faster/super cars. The thing i stated was that i was used to the speed of my cousin's GTR, he goes to my rival high school and lives really close by so we hang out alot.

Holy CRAP! Im thankful for this car, but dont twist my words.

There is a "wow factor" in this car... if there wasn't, why would I have picked it for the car i wanted?
Don't make judgements on someones age, be mature yourself, if you really call yourself "adults."
MClarenF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #35
MClarenF1

and I'm pretty sure that all the ppl that have added mods to the car is so they can "feel more power." DUH!

i was never dissapointed wi tthis car, i love it alot. But go around in an SS all day... then go get a V6, do you see a difference? Thats all I meant, wasn't saying I didnt love my car.

But idk if the comments were directed towards me or the other ppl that posted afterwards.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #36
MClarenF1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I have to believe the negs were towards the few that said they lost the 'Wow Factor'.

I'm glad you are enjoying your car.

BTW, from the original Subject Line I thought you were going to say you were older and felt 18 again.

P.S. Your Camaro is a chick magnet; if I was 18 again...
thanks man, i thought the comments were directed toward me, but guess not. My car is very important to me.

Last edited by MClarenF1; 06-05-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:57 PM   #37
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
cool!
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #38
Steven345
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
idk what the problem with me saying the camaro doesn't have a WOW factor. have you ever driven in a car with at least 700HP ?

just because i say its doesn't have the wow factor it means i am a spoiled brat? the truth is that if everyone had the money and loved there kids they would be doing the same. my dad does it out of love.

and you right i got use to the 426HP, that why my camaro has over 500HP now. still you use some more
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyealiz View Post
Several things:

(1) The point is that by saying "There is no WOW factor with the Camaro," you sound bratty, spoiled and totally ungrateful. I'm not saying that is the case. I'm saying that is how it sounds.

(2) Just because parents do well does NOT mean they automatically provide their children with nice cars. I have friends who don't have a large amount of money but have bought their children more expensive cars than they themselves drive, and I have friends who do very well but make their children pay for every cent of their cars and insurance.

(3) I bought my daughter a v8 vehicle every bit as nice as what you young guys have been given, at the same age, so I have no beef with that at all. The difference is your attitudes which are seemingly totally unimpressed with your good fortune and great automobiles.

As I posted earlier, I feel sorry for you if you're already so blase at such a young age.
Plano west wolves!!!! Hahaha
Steven345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #39
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Here is my progression of wow factor by age (only the Camaro is a photo of mine):

16: 92 Sunbird 3.1L V6 140 HP
18: 97 Silverado 250 HP
22: 02 Mustang GT 260 HP
27: 10 Camaro SS 400 HP

I guess as someone who is from the 80s I'm impressed by such mediocre 400hp ratings. Incidentally I just realized that the new DD Fiesta has 20hp than my Sunbird did.
Attached Images

TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #40
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
there is really nothing more to be said on this thread. everyone deep down in side knows WTF is up. so lets just end it like that.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:45 PM   #41
jmack71
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT 'Vert
THANK YOU, Mike.

that is all.

Emerald Coast Camaros Forum!
jmack71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:54 PM   #42
Lunatic

Drives: 80 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of 2morrow View Post
You guys are really blessed to be able to get this car as a gift. I'm 24 and I have been working what seems like forever to save for a SS. Happy bday to you and your car.
X2