Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #205
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
No Robert,
I am not a police suck up.
I was a police officer.
See the difference?
What I am trying to put out there is the fact that many civilians who have never faced the situations that officers typically find themselves in, and have no idea about the real world conditions of the situation, make silly commenst like "the police should have been able to tell it was a BB gun," or "They should have waited for backup."
Lots of people who all think that their judgement of the situation is more valid than everyone else' judgement. Most of these people have never been cops, so at the fundamental level their judgement is riddled with ignorance.

See, I have only the most rudimentary understanding (ie barely any at all,) of Quantum Physics, so it would be very arrogant, silly, and foolish of me to think that I could explain how the Hedron Colider works, or go toe-to-toe with Dr. Amit Goswami in a conversation about particle and quantum physics.
I am entitled to my opinion, even when it is wrong.

I have also said several times before, NONE OF HERE ON CAMARO5, INCLUDING ME, were there that day. Only 3 people know exactly what went down, and 1 of them is dead.
I have also stated that the media is notorious for misreporting, spin, and adding extra drama to boost sales, so we don't even know if the story is close to accurate.

People also make the broad leap that since I used to be a cop, that I am pro police. Personally I cannot stand being told what to do, and have quite a bit of contempt for most police. Even though I have a great deal of respect for every officer who gets up, straps on his or her vest and weapon and jumps into the fray, they still really tend to pi$$ me off.
Maybe next time do a little research before making generalizations about a group of people, that you personally know know nothing about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rray View Post
I noticed police opinions are the only opinions that matter here. You are all police suck ups.

-Robert

Last edited by Spartan01; 11-08-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Spartan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #206
GroundPilot

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS "Bridgette"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
No Robert,
People also make the broad leap that since I used to be a cop, that I am pro police. Personally I cannot stand being told what to do, and have quite a bit of contempt for most police.
Boy ain't this the truth! I, and most former LEO I know, seem to have the same view.

Still respect what those still wearing the badge do, but I am willing to call them out when need be.
GroundPilot is offline   Reply With Quote