Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros

Old 02-09-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
WICKEDSS
Dan

Drives: THE BEAST
NEED Help!!!

Hey guys GREAT NEW'S....... I just came acrossed first car that was purchased for me when i was 13yrs old.....Do to lack of income i was forced to sell it......Its a 87 IROC Z28 and it isnt in the best condition will need some TLC and im ready for the job but i need to find a good company that i can get parts for this car....Thanks in advanced

Dan/WICKEDSS
WICKEDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:49 PM   #2
skipj3
Go Gators Baby!!!

Drives: '11 2SS M6
You might want to try Year One. Is this the actual car that was purchased or just the same model year? Congrats on your find!

The Department of Redundancy Department
skipj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
WICKEDSS
Dan

Same acual car purchased.....I sold it to a friend of mine years back and ran across him yesterday!!!! And i must say its going to need some work but i sold it to him for 2300 and getting it back for 500 if that tell's you anything
Old 02-09-2010, 06:29 PM   #4
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
That is cool Wiked. I grew up on Odessa BTW. Still have family out there.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:39 PM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
moved to 3rd gen discussions
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:00 PM   #6
skipj3
Go Gators Baby!!!

Drives: '11 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WICKEDSS View Post
Same acual car purchased.....I sold it to a friend of mine years back and ran across him yesterday!!!! And i must say its going to need some work but i sold it to him for 2300 and getting it back for 500 if that tell's you anything
That is so cool man. There's a couple of vehicles I wish I could get my hands on again. Your one lucky dude!

The Department of Redundancy Department
skipj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:28 PM   #7
Super83Z

Drives: 1999 Z28 1983 Z28
www.thirdgen.org will have the answer to every question you will ever think to ask.
14 Silverado
Super83Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:20 AM   #8
WICKEDSS
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbt View Post
That is cool Wiked. I grew up on Odessa BTW. Still have family out there.

Oh really.....I grew up in greenwood,TX but moved to odessa around 7 months ago because it was closer to work...But yeah its a great find i just didnt think i would run in to the kid that bought it
Old 02-10-2010, 09:38 PM   #9
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
That is very cool. Hoping the restore goes as planned! Post some before and after pics if you get the chance.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:01 PM   #10
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
yea post some pics!! i got my camaro for 550 lol and its not in great shape. so if urs is anything like mine, then, yikes. of course, u probly have a bit more money than me(im in high school and lost my job) but im fixin it up. does it still run??
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #11
WICKEDSS
Dan

Yeah the car is out at my parents house right now...Im going out there tonight to pick up the eng block im going to use....I might have to email the pictures to someone to get them posted up.....But yeah your right the car is going to need some work...The tech that i work with is going to rebuild the trans for me for free!!!! so that will help out alot....And no it doesnt run it had the 305 TPI in it when i sold it and the kid pulled one head and the intake off and let it sit out side so im going to have to start fresh........From searching around most of the stuff for these cars are pretty cheap besides the T-TOP weatherstripn its like $90 bucks for one side...ouch!!!

But i have a pretty good income...If i can sell my jet ski and pay off a few loans ill have and extra 600 bucks a month that i can sink in to the car plus what i have left over after bills........so if things go the way i want them to id say maybe a year to a year in a half on the build.....**CROSSING FINGERS**

Last edited by WICKEDSS; 02-12-2010 at 09:53 AM.