Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 05-19-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
BADBUSA1

Drives: 2012 SS CAMARO
2012 SS CAMARO

Hi, I am a new member, and I have a few questions, I was thinking of getting a flowmaster 817481 exh system. My question is anyone have it and what kind of gains did you get. What are some other less expensive power gains. I have already done a cold air intake and short headers, the car went from 13.38 @104 to 12.92 @108.

Thanks Eric.
BADBUSA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:59 PM   #2
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
The exhaust and shorty headers are mainly for sound, maybe worth 5-10 hp at most. The cai will give you a gain in HP. Good bang for the buck would be a VMAAX ported throttle body. You can usually pick one up for around $150.
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:24 PM   #3
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Shaving .4 off with shorties and a CAI is quite a lot. I'm going to assume this was tuned and possibly run in better weather as well. Power & or 1/4 gains parts will vary depending on your transmission. M6 or A6? Throttle body is cheap and takes care of some of the lag. Doesn't really add any power but, is nice to pep up the throttle quickly. Obviously long tubes would increase power. HF cats would help some. Pretty much any other mod will beat any catback or axleback gains. Race scoop for the CAI is good for a little. Really all depends on the tranny. I assume it is an A6 from that first MPH time. You could easily shave off some time with a new stall & or some DR's or both would help a ton. After that all you can really add is maybe an underdrive pulley before you need to go bigger like cracking the motor open. The pulley also really isn't much worth the time, money or hassle unless you are already doing other bigger work IMO.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:42 AM   #4
BADBUSA1

Drives: 2012 SS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
Shaving .4 off with shorties and a CAI is quite a lot. I'm going to assume this was tuned and possibly run in better weather as well. Power & or 1/4 gains parts will vary depending on your transmission. M6 or A6? Throttle body is cheap and takes care of some of the lag. Doesn't really add any power but, is nice to pep up the throttle quickly. Obviously long tubes would increase power. HF cats would help some. Pretty much any other mod will beat any catback or axleback gains. Race scoop for the CAI is good for a little. Really all depends on the tranny. I assume it is an A6 from that first MPH time. You could easily shave off some time with a new stall & or some DR's or both would help a ton. After that all you can really add is maybe an underdrive pulley before you need to go bigger like cracking the motor open. The pulley also really isn't much worth the time, money or hassle unless you are already doing other bigger work IMO.

It was probably a little better weather wise, I got the car to 60ft better . It is an automatic, doesn't need sticky tires at this point it leaves like a tird compared to what I am used to. 1.90 60ft. It definitely needs a converter. Thanks for the info.
BADBUSA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:11 PM   #5
acr3

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Assuming you have stock 3.27-1 rear end gears I'd put a set of 3.70 or 3.90 rear gears in it. That's like getting an increase of about 15%-20% more torque.
acr3 is offline   Reply With Quote