Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-28-2013, 01:04 AM   #1
CamaroDIYking

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Fuse pull

If I do the fuse pull to reset my fuel table, what will happen if I just keep the fuses out?

Lighting- LED footwell, grille, trunk, and engine lights done via DIY. LED dome, DRL, and tag lights.
Paint- Painted engine cover, steering wheel bezel, speedometer bezel, front bowtie, tail light bezels, wheel center caps.
Exterior lights- tinted tail lights and sidemarker lights.
Wheels- powdercoated stock RS 20' wheels black
Exhaust- Cat-back Dynomax Bullet Exhaust system with bullet muffler delete.
Misc- rear blackout kit from Big Worm Graphix, black side Camaro lettering from Emblem Pros, and rear Camaro lettering from Emblem Pros.
CamaroDIYking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:04 AM   #2
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
I would like to see some responses I have no clue what a fuse pull even does...
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:23 AM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
the fuses are part of the computer system, I doubt you'll go anywhere....when you pull the fuses you are resetting the electronics...
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:12 AM   #4
RIPws6

Drives: 2019 2SS Riverside Blue
The car wont start and you will be put on homeland security's watch list as being a well known douche.
lol! Jk!
The fuse pull resets the fuel table in the event that you taint your ride with low octane gas. Pull the 5 and 25 fuses, keep em out for anywhere from 5 minutes to a week (depending on who you ask) and put them back in. The table resets, and your horsepower is restored from the low fuel douchebaggery nightmare you created.
The end result is much like the sensation you get from an oil change. You feel great knowing you made the effort and played by the rules while your mind enhances the horsepower gained by 300%. If you try out the car using steel toed boots you will feel even better.
Even with the car adjusting to a lower table it still kicks ass. Most people driving to work, the grocery store or to a prostitute wont notice the .0007 seconds in a quarter mile they have gained.
RIPws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:31 AM   #5
slededorilllia
slededorillia

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPws6 View Post
The car wont start and you will be put on homeland security's watch list as being a well known douche.
lol! Jk!
The fuse pull resets the fuel table in the event that you taint your ride with low octane gas. Pull the 5 and 25 fuses, keep em out for anywhere from 5 minutes to a week (depending on who you ask) and put them back in. The table resets, and your horsepower is restored from the low fuel douchebaggery nightmare you created.
The end result is much like the sensation you get from an oil change. You feel great knowing you made the effort and played by the rules while your mind enhances the horsepower gained by 300%. If you try out the car using steel toed boots you will feel even better.
Even with the car adjusting to a lower table it still kicks ass. Most people driving to work, the grocery store or to a prostitute wont notice the .0007 seconds in a quarter mile they have gained.
well if that's all i'm missing out on.....then no more being paranoid aboot (about) the 91 octane i'm putting in mine up here in the great white north, as all this talk of low octane gas and the 93 or 94 octane only available at certain places, gets me worried about my engine and the so called "extra performance" ......and possible engine damage.....
slededorilllia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:55 AM   #6
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPws6 View Post
lol! Jk!
That would be fuse #5 and #20 and this thread is in the wrong section

Rob
AirManFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:38 AM   #7
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
You do know there is a STICKY THREAD about 6 inches up this very screen titled "fuse pull". It may contain the answers you seek.
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #8
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchlgrrsn View Post
You do know there is a STICKY THREAD about 6 inches up this very screen titled "fuse pull". It may contain the answers you seek.
this "Fuse pull" icon folder is for this page
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #9
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38964
This what I was referring to ... 99 pages of questions and answers about the fuse pull. If it was read I doubt this thread would have been started.
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #10
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Try it and find out
Old 05-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #11
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Yes there is a sticky about this, however i read it ( most of it) and im still confused on why you need to pull these fuses?
From what ive gathered if you put bad gas in and then do these steps it will fix it? Is this simular to the fuse pull for the NPP exhaust? What ever that is?
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Casperadub70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #12
KlugSS

There is two octane timing tables.
High octane table Low octane

High octane will have the most advance timing under part throttle and wide open throttle.
Which will give you the most horsepower and torque.

Low octane will be the lowest advance timing under part and wide open throttle.
There will be a reduction in power on this mode.

What the PCM does is watch the knock sensor to determine what mode to use. If you have good gas, 91 or above. The engine can run the high octane map without knocking or needing to reduce timing. What happens when you run lower quality gas like 89 or below, or maybe even low quality 91. You can and will start to knock, it will not be something you will hear but the PCM will notice and reduce timing to an appropriate amount to protect the engine from pre destination or knock. If the PCM logs that it is pulling timing for extended amounts of time or pulling timing severely enough, the PCM will go to the Low Octane table to reduce the maximum amount of timing to combat the knock from the lower octane fuel. This will cause a drop in power as well.
What the camaro does as soon as your PCM moves to the Lower Octane table it will NOT move back. So you could be driving it around with high octane fuel in the tank but the pcm is still in low octane mode. If this happens you won't have the extra power or benefit of high octane fuel.
When you pull the fuse it allows the PCM to reset and it will use the high octane mode until it needs to switch again.

I dumbed it down so I hope it still makes sense.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #13
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Deff. Thanks alot. That clears up alot. Ive been on that sticky for awhile confused. Thanks again.
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Casperadub70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #14
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
You need the fuses, its not like you are turning off a system that gives you less power. You are simply resetting the fuel tables. You need whatever these fuses power.

I understand how it might seem, but its not like pulling a fuse and getting rid of traction control or torque management or AFM. Its not how any of that works. The fuse is cutting power completely to the module and forcing it to reset/calibrate.