Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 11-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
guyjusthere

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Question Palm Beach International Road Course

How difficult is it to take your car out on the road track here? Their website doesn't tell you much about when they have open road course days...

Are there a bunch of hoops to jump through before they allow you?

Please discuss... (I am from Miami, but I hear that Homestead's road course is a joke?)
guyjusthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
2quick

Drives: none
i just copied my response from you other thread. Then i added more lol.

Don't know who said that homestead was a joke but it is a fun track. Been there lots. It is hard on the brakes but fun. Palm beach is fun also. Each track will have it differences and that makes each one fun. The track themselves really don't throw events. usually its a specific group. There are hpde events all the time. Few of the groups are HOD ( hooked on driving ), NASA, ERME ( this one is great because they have 2 for 1 days. Makes it about $150 to run if you can find someone to split with.) The best place to start is trackweekend.com That will have most if not all of the local events in south Florida and even some in sebring. Sebring is a great track but very hard on the suspension. It uses part of an old runway and it is bumpy!

What these groups do is they have a tier system. Some have groups of 4 some 3. If it is your first time on a track they put you in a novice or starting group. In these group you will have an instructor in the car with you. They will teach you with the line you should be taking at that track They will also be watching to see how you handle traffic and passing. Both you passing and you getting passed. Also making sure you know what the flags mean. If you know where the corner workers are. They also want to see some heel toe action. After they feel confidant in your ability to be safe on the track they will let you go to the next group. Solo is fun!

If you need any more information let me know but i think this will get you started.
Have fun!

Last edited by 2quick; 11-04-2011 at 07:00 AM.
2quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #3
guyjusthere

Man.. that's kind of steep to race on a track! Those trackweekend events are not cheap. Thanks for the info! So, if the track isn't having an event, is it just an open course? Show up and buy a few hours?
Old 11-07-2011, 06:37 AM   #4
2quick

palm beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyjusthere View Post
Man.. that's kind of steep to race on a track! Those trackweekend events are not cheap. Thanks for the info! So, if the track isn't having an event, is it just an open course? Show up and buy a few hours?
You can rent the track for a day but not for a few hours. It takes a lot of cash to rent for a day. The track provides workers and emergency staff when we rent. Also needs to be setup way in advanced. Trackweekend.com is just a site that showcases all the clubs and what they are doing as an event. Since I live in Miami I do Homestead. It is not that far compared to Palm beach. Look up erme.com and that may be a better route for you to go. It is less expensive if you do it with someone to split the cost of entry and they really do well in teaching you. Auto x is fun too but, when you get your car to take a turn at 120+ you will get addicted to it lol. Let me know if i can help you with any more questions.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
guyjusthere

You guys have been great! Thanks for the info... I will be going out on Nov 27 with my buddy to share the price! Then I will be looking for some AutoX events...

2quick - When I mentioned using the track for a few hours, I meant just as an open track. Not renting the thing to myself. Went to a track in the UK and it was all open. Just take the class and go have fun with everyone else on the track...
Old 11-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #6
GTRacer87

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
ITS NOT HARD AT ALL!!! go to http://www.hookedondriving.com/index.cfm or http://www.palmbeachdrivingclub.com/ These are the easist and fastest way on track. These are only a few hundred bucks.
GTRacer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:22 AM   #7
2quick

Great have fun.