Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #57
BigPopa71

Drives: Dark Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
My dad also backed into it with his F-250 when my Camaro was four months old

So what do we call $2-3k worth of suspension damage, then, if not wrecked? Is there a better word for it...? Sorry if y'all were expecting twisted metal and blood...
I'm with you its wrecked! I had an arm from the access gate at my apartment lower on my car causing $700 worth of damage and I called it wrecked! And I've had 3 total losses in the last 22 years!! There is no difference if your car is damaged its wrecked! Oddly enough my 85 lroc Z was totalled when my dad took it for a test drive the day after I got it for high school graduation. Life goes on and you are his babygirl, glad you weren't injured and you will have your baby back in a snap! By the way its a sweet ride.
BigPopa71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #58
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
ouch, time for a different style fascia?
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #59
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Was he possibly inebriated?
Old 06-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #60
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
:(
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #61
Chi-One

Drives: 2013 DUSK Special Edition
Quote:
I'm not mad at him. Because he's my dad. We are already chuckling about it and made a toast to the car with our tequila shots (Patrón.. Moohahaha) this evening.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #62
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Was he possibly inebriated?
He would never even attempt to drive my car drunk nor would I allow it.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #63
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
Time to rip up the old mans license

How'd you get that picture of me when I was young?
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #64
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
Has dad read this thread yet? I tihnk it would cheer him up a little knowing most of us understand where is heads at right about now. Sorry Mr. Belle it's gonna be ok.
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #65
AbsoluteMayheM
LongTimeLurker

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Convertible L99
Cars are cars, but family is ..

In 1996 I wrote off my Dad's baby .. 1990 Chevy 454 SS.

It kissed a telephone poll when it was raining. I stumbled out of the truck, checked on my girlfriend. She was seemed ok, but she said her chest hurt were the seat belt was.
I stumbled across the road, to a strangers house asked if they could call 911. I said I was in accident in front of their house. A few minutes later they said the ambulance was on its way. I asked to user her phone to call my Dad.

I dailed his number .. i was scared shitless at this point .. no clue how he was going to react.

Me - "Dad, I was in an accident"
Dad - "Are you and Melissa OK?"
Me - "Yes, but I think I totaled the truck"
Dad - "Son GM makes trucks every ****ing day, I only have one son. I can get another truck, that's what insurance is for. I am on my way!"

.. he hung up the phone ... and to this day that is one of those moments I will never forget.

Truck was totaled, frame bent, motor fooked. Cops blamed it on the weather. The people that lived in the house said that almost once a year a vehicle gets into an accident there in the rain.

My now wife, spent the night in the hospital, my Dad took me out and got me shit faced.

I am sure I have photos of the truck before and after. But here is one from the interwebs. Man that truck was a beast!

AbsoluteMayheM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:26 AM   #66
infernometallicSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Best Run - 10.93@125
I would consider my car wrecked if it had happened to me too.
Sorry that it happened. Regardless of the damage it's always shitty.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:45 AM   #67
Liam
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
My dad also backed into it with his F-250 when my Camaro was four months old

So what do we call $2-3k worth of suspension damage, then, if not wrecked? Is there a better word for it...? Sorry if y'all were expecting twisted metal and blood...
Exactly!! Wheel is wrecked, suspension is wrecked, $2-3k in damage...yep, WRECKED! I think some people commenting were confusing wrecked with totaled.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:09 AM   #68
DRKnight1SS
The Dude

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05stram View Post
agreed our reflexes do not keep up with our second, third, fourth etc etc childhoods
My step dad drove my '13 SS and didn't crash it and he's almost 70. Drove her pretty hard too. Some peoples reflexes are just sharper than others even at an older age.

It was an accident and your dad will make sure its fixed up as good as new. You'll have something to tease him about for a long time to come
DRKnight1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:34 AM   #69
mel0629
Black Madness

Drives: Black 2012 1LT/RS
Sorry to hear, its never a good feeling when your baby is in accident let alone when someone else does it. Good Luck with the repairs.
mel0629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #70
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteMayheM View Post
Cars are cars, but family is ..

In 1996 I wrote off my Dad's baby .. 1990 Chevy 454 SS.

It kissed a telephone poll when it was raining. I stumbled out of the truck, checked on my girlfriend. She was seemed ok, but she said her chest hurt were the seat belt was.
I stumbled across the road, to a strangers house asked if they could call 911. I said I was in accident in front of their house. A few minutes later they said the ambulance was on its way. I asked to user her phone to call my Dad.

I dailed his number .. i was scared shitless at this point .. no clue how he was going to react.

Me - "Dad, I was in an accident"
Dad - "Are you and Melissa OK?"
Me - "Yes, but I think I totaled the truck"
Dad - "Son GM makes trucks every ****ing day, I only have one son. I can get another truck, that's what insurance is for. I am on my way!"

.. he hung up the phone ... and to this day that is one of those moments I will never forget.

Truck was totaled, frame bent, motor fooked. Cops blamed it on the weather. The people that lived in the house said that almost once a year a vehicle gets into an accident there in the rain.

My now wife, spent the night in the hospital, my Dad took me out and got me shit faced.

I am sure I have photos of the truck before and after. But here is one from the interwebs. Man that truck was a beast!
awww this is a cute story.

Sarah, sorry about Bella. I know how much you care about her, hope she is crusin' the street soon.