Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-21-2009, 04:08 PM   #29
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
yea it hooks up to the battery...although im not sure but pretty sure...i know the guy told me something about having it fused not to void the warranty...i havent read the intructions yet but i will when i get my kit...i order full underbody/wheel well 3 million kit from ledglow.com...i also got the 4 piece interior 3 million add on kit and a seperate control box that way i can have the interior controled seperately...i dont want my interior flashing while driving if i have them on while driving...although i will rarely have them on while driving, i do however want the interior lights on the floor to be on 24/7...so in order to have the interior on with the exterior off i needed 2 control boxes...my car wont be here for another month and the lights should be here within 2 weeks...so that gives me 2 weeks to figure out how to use it...i plan on setting it up on the floor in my basement and learning how to work it b4 installing it...they also say u wanna do this so your know which tubes go where or something like that...once i get my tubes and have it set up on the floor ill post up a video...and ofcourse when i get the car too

heres the link of what i ordered for those who are interested...cost me 452 bucks with shipping included
http://www.ledunderbody.com/3-Millio...Light-kit.aspx

and the 4 piece interior with extra control box...
http://www.ledunderbody.com/advanced...tenderkit.aspx
http://www.ledunderbody.com/single-c...ontroller.aspx

i know alot of people label this "rice" and think its stupid...but i think it looks good and as far as it being a cheap fix to make a car look modded that really isnt, whos to say i wont being doing other shit too? i always wanted to do this to my car and when i was 19 my father did it to his tahoe just to make me jealous cuz he knew i liked it...and now im 25 finally getting my own new car and imma finally get to do it! so all you haters with nothing but negative shit to say can go f*ck yourself
I would never not in a million years do taht to my car it just looks stupidly ridiculous.

Now if I could find a kit that would actually make the ambien lighting look like the one in this picture, that would be awesome.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:33 PM   #30
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex33x View Post
I would never not in a million years do taht to my car it just looks stupidly ridiculous.
In your humble opinion of course...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex33x View Post
Now if I could find a kit that would actually make the ambien lighting look like the one in this picture, that would be awesome.

YES! That would be great!
Old 06-22-2009, 12:00 AM   #31
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
my kits been back ordered and get shipped out tom =) my front license plate holder from trm0002 too =) no clue to when my gill vinyls and fuel door are coming...lots of things to look forward within the next month...and ending it will be my bday...july 27th...me, my boys and my camaro...down at the jersey shore
Old 06-22-2009, 12:12 AM   #32
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
my kits been back ordered and get shipped out tom =) my front license plate holder from trm0002 too =) no clue to when my gill vinyls and fuel door are coming...lots of things to look forward within the next month...and ending it will be my bday...july 27th...me, my boys and my camaro...down at the jersey shore
Awesome dude!!!

Well Happy Birthday in 6 days!!

I hope I have my Car by my friends wedding in August. It's in Monterey (on the beach).

I have yet to buy anything for it yet... as I'm not sure when it will be here, I have a few "things" to work out with the dealer right now... if not then I will be reordering some where else soon...

Hopefully not though!! wish me luck.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:06 AM   #33
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Awesome dude!!!

Well Happy Birthday in 6 days!!

I hope I have my Car by my friends wedding in August. It's in Monterey (on the beach).

I have yet to buy anything for it yet... as I'm not sure when it will be here, I have a few "things" to work out with the dealer right now... if not then I will be reordering some where else soon...

Hopefully not though!! wish me luck.
Umm I thought he said his B-day was in JULY
Old 06-23-2009, 09:36 PM   #34
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Summoner, where in norcal are you? I'd like to take a look at your FJ at some point. I plan on doing my own ambient lighting and LED's are my media of choice. I'm in the bay area, but am travelling to Sac area this weekend. I could make a detour if you're somewhere around there.

As for people saying this is ricey...

Makes for a great addition to ambient lighting. Doesn't mean you have to go overboard, but the link is just to a company that caters to EVERYONE, and some people like gaudy, flashy lights. Others like subtle accents like the picture above...
Old 06-23-2009, 10:18 PM   #35
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2well View Post
Umm I thought he said his B-day was in JULY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Summoner, where in norcal are you? I'd like to take a look at your FJ at some point. I plan on doing my own ambient lighting and LED's are my media of choice. I'm in the bay area, but am travelling to Sac area this weekend. I could make a detour if you're somewhere around there.

As for people saying this is ricey...

Makes for a great addition to ambient lighting. Doesn't mean you have to go overboard, but the link is just to a company that caters to EVERYONE, and some people like gaudy, flashy lights. Others like subtle accents like the picture above...
I'm anywhere from Sacramento to Placerville, depending on the time of day or day of the week

Unfortunately I have removed all my ambient lighting gradually over the last few weeks. I am preparing the FJ for sale in prep for the Camaro. I have never got around to doing the dash LED's, they are still stock. I have one LED left to remove, it's in the pocket under the stereo, I will be removing it once I remove the after market stereo this weekend... well I may leave the head unit but I plan to remove the amps and subs, and leave the separates. I cut holes in the interior panels to mount them, I actually have photos of that... In hind sight I wish I had some of the ambient lighting...

I totally agree with your last paragraph! Everyone has their own degree of Ambient lighting they like.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:12 PM   #36
NightmareSS

real early happy bday but ill take it and hold on to it...that way u dont have ti say it again and yea good luck with that dealer hope all works out well...

and mindz i like those lights under the head rests
Old 06-24-2009, 07:50 PM   #37
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
If you like that idea, just wait until you see what else I have planned. SummoneR, I think you will become my best buddy as my plans for the vert unfold. Mind helping me with some questions when they arise?
Old 06-25-2009, 12:52 AM   #38
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
real early happy bday but ill take it and hold on to it...that way u dont have ti say it again and yea good luck with that dealer hope all works out well...

and mindz i like those lights under the head rests
LOL Okay. HAA!

Yeah those headrest are cool. Good Idea.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:53 AM   #39
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
If you like that idea, just wait until you see what else I have planned. SummoneR, I think you will become my best buddy as my plans for the vert unfold. Mind helping me with some questions when they arise?
Anytime! Just PM me with a contact number and I would be more than happy to talk to you about it or even lend a hand, if time permits.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:12 PM   #40
NightmareSS

my kit came today!!! but i dont feel like messing with it tonight...ill mess with it tom after work for sure tho...i just dont know how im gonna get power to it lol...it doesnt come with a plug to plug in the wall...lol...i was wondering if i can plug the usb ports into my computer for power...lol...im such a noob
Old 06-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #41
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
The ones under the hearest look cool, although I would never do it.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:27 PM   #42
NightmareSS

hmm i just read the instructions and it says not to mount near the exhaust...how are you supposed to mount the rear tube with out have to go across the exhaust?