Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

View Poll Results: Camaro 5 Fest 4 Location
o 0 0%
o 0 0%
o 0 0%
o 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #967
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
i don't think Las Vegas was mentioned, so i'll just throw that option out there.
Yes it was, I mentioned it a bunch of times. VEGAS has everything going for it, track, hotels, entertainment etc,etc.
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:30 AM   #968
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post

Yes...they both attended CF3, and drove 2000 miles to do it. Pete also sponsored and put in multiple hours of his own personal time to make the road racing happen.
I didn't ask how many miles they drove or any additional info, I think they are both man enough to answer their own questions. Common sense would have told me from TX to IN is a pretty long drive. But I appreciate you trying to be the savior.

I drove 1500 miles that particular time which to me is pointless in the matter. Point of the matter is, I'm rooting for everywhere but TX. If it ends up being in TX i'll still make the attempt to make it there since I do not have any deployment obligations at the moment unless that changes. So you can take your facepalm, right back.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:32 AM   #969
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod55 View Post
Yes it was, I mentioned it a bunch of times. VEGAS has everything going for it, track, hotels, entertainment etc,etc.
Never been to Vegas so if it goes there, that'll be a good time to experience it. I won't have the Camaro of course, I'll just fly...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:42 AM   #970
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
I didn't ask how many miles they drove or any additional info, I think they are both man enough to answer their own questions. Common sense would have told me from TX to IN is a pretty long drive. But I appreciate you trying to be the savior.

I drove 1500 miles that particular time which to me is pointless in the matter. Point of the matter is, I'm rooting for everywhere but TX. If it ends up being in TX i'll still make the attempt to make it there since I do not have any deployment obligations at the moment unless that changes. So you can take your facepalm, right back.
Nice.
Attached Images

Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #971
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I'm offended by that question...

I also attended C5F2. I did, however, miss out on the first Fest. I had just received my car and did not have enough vacation time accrued to make it out.

But, I will drive to C5F4, C5F5, C5F6, C5F7, et. al. regardless of where they're located.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:01 AM   #972
infernometallicSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Best Run - 10.93@125
Vegas would be cool. Just in the sense that as hundreds of camaros are en route to the speedway we would pass right by the Shelby factory and the mustang museum.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:52 PM   #973
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I also attended C5F2. I did, however, miss out on the first Fest. I had just received my car and did not have enough vacation time accrued to make it out.

But, I will drive to C5F4, C5F5, C5F6, C5F7, et. al. regardless of where they're located.
Can you explain why the Fest is so important that you don't want to miss one regardless of the location?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:01 PM   #974
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Can you explain why the Fest is so important that you don't want to miss one regardless of the location?
Fest?

Old 08-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #975
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
I can.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #976
JusticePete

I am torn on preference for Camaro5FEST IV.

The FEST would benefit from a returning to INDY next year. We can have hotel and track contracts done in days as opposed to months. That leaves the C5 staff free to work on improvements to the FEST. Together they can refine the process to create a better guest experience from the moment your walk into the host hotel until you pack your Camaro to leave Sunday. These refinements become standard operating procedures that move with the FEST. It is an investment in the future of the FEST and provides a HUGE advantage for FEST V. We begin shopping the location for FEST V a year in advance opening opportunities at far more tracks and hotels. (HINT, HINT, HINT)

The Texas contingent has driven on average about 1,400 miles to each FEST and have shown up in HUGE numbers with the TEXAS Bar. The Bar alone should qualify them for a FEST in Texas. More Camaros are sold in Texas than any other state according to my sources at GM.

Most Populous States
California 37 Million
Texas 25 Million
New York 19 Million
Florida 19 Million
Illinois 19 Million

Hot Rod runs an enormous amount of car events with the most famous being the Hot Rod Power Tour. Based on their years for experience and data collected shows that Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Kentucky are the epicenter for Car Guys. 50% of all the people that will attend or participate in a car show live in these States. Expand that to a 600 mile radius from Cleveland and you cover 75% of the Car Guys Showing or Going to Car Shows. That speaks well to the FEST III location at INDY, but does nothing for the dense cluster of Camaro owners in Texas. They deserve a TEXAS C5FEST and I will support a TEXAS based FEST until there is one.

The C5 Moderators have some great offers from other locations. They deserve nothing less than a detailed evaluation and may alter everything I have just said. One option would allow us to have the absolute best CamaroCross you can imagine, but comes with Host Hotel challenges. The selection process is never easy. Florida has good population density, but it is a long drive from the North East and Mid-West. If we ran a FEST in Florida those traveling from the snow belt could be in the same situation I was for FEST I. Snowed in.

The FEST is an amazing event that is the result of an almost perfect storm. The re-birth of a deeply loved vehicle with incredibly passionate owners and an aspirational owner base, a start up web site with an exceptional group of moderators and a PHENOMENAL core group of Camaro5 members that set a tone for this online community. When you drill down, you'll be amazed to find how small that core group is in relation to the tens of thousands of members. That core group is responsible for the overwhelming popularity of C5 and the C5FEST. Because of them, we are constantly growing and atractine new C5 members and C5FEST Guests. The 5th Gen Camaro is what brought us together. C5 PEOPLE keep us together. The C5FEST is a celebration of the PEOPLE that bring their Camaro with the to show, drag or CamaroCross

The Camaro Clubs in Texas are amazing as I know others are as well. Allow me to tip my hat to the INDY club for a job well done. I have had the opportunity to meet and work with 5th Gen Clubs across the country. Having said that and knowing that some may feel slighted, the H-Town Camaro Club has blown me away with the San Antonio Club running a very close second. You couldn't ask for better host clubs. In the end, no matter what I say, the C5 Moderators will make a great choice.

PS: Car Guys is a gender neutral term that includes both sexes
Old 08-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #977
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
Did either of you attend CF3?
First, please accept my thanks and for your service to our country. You have our support, respect and prayers for you and your family.

I missed FEST I snowed in at home in Michigan.

FEST II Pedders was the CamaroCross sponsor. Sounded like an easy deal, until the local SCCA club bailed on us the night before the event

FEST III Pedders was the CamaroCross sponsor. We thought we would get a head start with the local SCCA. They bailed in December. We bought C5 timing gear, cones and helmets to eliminate the variables of SCCA support location to location. Once again we were under the bus when we found our wireless timing eyes range was cut by a large crowd of spectators. That along with some other location related issues make the annual FEST a real challenge for us. We'll be wherever C5FEST IV doing the same thing and doing it better.

Were you at the last FEST?

Last edited by JusticePete; 08-31-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:32 PM   #978
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
California = Sux

lol
Old 08-31-2012, 03:22 PM   #979
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
California = Sux

lol
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #980
Big Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro convertible
Quote:
I am torn on preference for Camaro5FEST IV.

The FEST would benefit from a returning to INDY next year. We can have hotel and track contracts done in days as opposed to months. That leaves the C5 staff free to work on improvements to the FEST. Together they can refine the process to create a better guest experience from the moment your walk into the host hotel until you pack your Camaro to leave Sunday. These refinements become standard operating procedures that move with the FEST. It is an investment in the future of the FEST and provides a HUGE advantage for FEST V. We begin shopping the location for FEST V a year in advance opening opportunities at far more tracks and hotels. (HINT, HINT, HINT)

The Texas contingent has driven on average about 1,400 miles to each FEST and have shown up in HUGE numbers with the TEXAS Bar. The Bar alone should qualify them for a FEST in Texas. More Camaros are sold in Texas than any other state according to my sources at GM.

Most Populous States
California 37 Million
Texas 25 Million
New York 19 Million
Florida 19 Million
Illinois 19 Million

Hot Rod runs an enormous amount of car events with the most famous being the Hot Rod Power Tour. Based on their years for experience and data collected shows that Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Kentucky are the epicenter for Car Guys. 50% of all the people that will attend or participate in a car show live in these States. Expand that to a 600 mile radius from Cleveland and you cover 75% of the Car Guys Showing or Going to Car Shows. That speaks well to the FEST III location at INDY, but does nothing for the dense cluster of Camaro owners in Texas. They deserve a TEXAS C5FEST and I will support a TEXAS based FEST until there is one.

The C5 Moderators have some great offers from other locations. They deserve nothing less than a detailed evaluation and may alter everything I have just said. One option would allow us to have the absolute best CamaroCross you can imagine, but comes with Host Hotel challenges. The selection process is never easy. Florida has good population density, but it is a long drive from the North East and Mid-West. If we ran a FEST in Florida those traveling from the snow belt could be in the same situation I was for FEST I. Snowed in.

The FEST is an amazing event that is the result of an almost perfect storm. The re-birth of a deeply loved vehicle with incredibly passionate owners and an aspirational owner base, a start up web site with an exceptional group of moderators and a PHENOMENAL core group of Camaro5 members that set a tone for this online community. When you drill down, you'll be amazed to find how small that core group is in relation to the tens of thousands of members. That core group is responsible for the overwhelming popularity of C5 and the C5FEST. Because of them, we are constantly growing and atractine new C5 members and C5FEST Guests. The 5th Gen Camaro is what brought us together. C5 PEOPLE keep us together. The C5FEST is a celebration of the PEOPLE that bring their Camaro with the to show, drag or CamaroCross

The Camaro Clubs in Texas are amazing as I know others are as well. Allow me to tip my hat to the INDY club for a job well done. I have had the opportunity to meet and work with 5th Gen Clubs across the country. Having said that and knowing that some may feel slighted, the H-Town Camaro Club has blown me away with the San Antonio Club running a very close second. You couldn't ask for better host clubs. In the end, no matter what I say, the C5 Moderators will make a great choice.

PS: Car Guys is a gender neutral term that includes both sexes
I agree with the Rebel Leader on this one!!!!!!

Tags
gta's camaroiv fest thread, gta's favorite thread