Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-22-2014, 06:20 AM   #15
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
NO I want it to handle good..
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:36 AM   #16
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Someone quote me a PKG deal then! I don't care the brand as long as its proven and works..

doesn't have to be all the same.. some guys in Houston say LSR I do not about them though!
I have a mixture of LSR (mostly) and some BMR parts. LSR has great parts (BMR too) and the quality is second to none. I would highly recommend the Sways, TA's and toe links.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:00 AM   #17
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

I just don't which way to go?

there are literally 20 suspension makers to chose from.. I don't know enough or keep up with what the best is. I'm glad to hear from Tyler and Keith and both have been great but, I'm sorry even with them offering excellent customer service I just can't handle over paying or there be a better deal out there if I'm wrong then forgive me and Ill give ya my business.

I need like concrete evidence why BMR is the best...these are the best because there the lightest and are the most diameter made.. Or we don't use china steel or its hardened and doesn't flex.. or they harden to much and there's cracks.. Or our bushing are the best because they deflect the most and are the hardest with out squeaking!

Back on my 96 camaro I had every dam part LG motors made it was ok but I felt bent over when I found there is just as good as stuff for cheaper.

I want the best performing parts at the best prices. its a 600 RWHP camaro that drives every day 4 miles and then 2 times a year goes to a road course and maybe 1 to 2 times to 1/4 mile strip.

Color can be blk or yellow and the energy sus bushing can be yellow or blk.

Eibach
Hotchins
H & R
LSR
Whiteline
Hellwig
ST
SLP
1LE
LG Motors
ADDCO
Belltech
Lakewood
Hurst
SPOHN
ST
BMR

Its not all the money thing.. I just don't like it when I tell someone about a mod and they say you should of gotten these over those, I fell stupid for buying on a whelm vs asking people..
Old 08-27-2014, 01:34 PM   #18
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
I just don't which way to go?

there are literally 20 suspension makers to chose from.. I don't know enough or keep up with what the best is. I'm glad to hear from Tyler and Keith and both have been great but, I'm sorry even with them offering excellent customer service I just can't handle over paying or there be a better deal out there if I'm wrong then forgive me and Ill give ya my business.

I need like concrete evidence why BMR is the best...these are the best because there the lightest and are the most diameter made.. Or we don't use china steel or its hardened and doesn't flex.. or they harden to much and there's cracks.. Or our bushing are the best because they deflect the most and are the hardest with out squeaking!

Back on my 96 camaro I had every dam part LG motors made it was ok but I felt bent over when I found there is just as good as stuff for cheaper.

I want the best performing parts at the best prices. its a 600 RWHP camaro that drives every day 4 miles and then 2 times a year goes to a road course and maybe 1 to 2 times to 1/4 mile strip.

Color can be blk or yellow and the energy sus bushing can be yellow or blk.

Eibach
Hotchins
H & R
LSR
Whiteline
Hellwig
ST
SLP
1LE
LG Motors
ADDCO
Belltech
Lakewood
Hurst
SPOHN
ST
BMR

Its not all the money thing.. I just don't like it when I tell someone about a mod and they say you should of gotten these over those, I fell stupid for buying on a whelm vs asking people..
These are the kind of questions I like to be asked and the information I need to help get you setup properly.

Allow me to break down the packages I quoted you:

Keep in mind, this first package uses basically all the same components as our 2011 Shop SS that has taken the fastest time of the weekend at the Camaro5Fest camarocross, Sturgis Camaro rally autocross and has beat a built Z28 and took the fastest 5th gen award at the Optima USCA event. We use test and install everything we offer, so we have hands on experience with a variety of manufactures and know what parts work well together and the benefits/disadvantages of each part.

Package 1 includes:
- GM 2012+ Rear lower control arms - The factory LCA's are a very good piece, but with 600+ RWHP you may want to consider going with the DSE LCA's. The DSE LCA's are the lightest and strongest pieces available and come at a competitive price.
- GM 2012+ Rear endlinks - A great cost effective solution, but with anything, there are upgradable options. The Rear DSE endlinks have ends that actually allow free sway bar movement, rather than relying on deflection of the stock rubber bushings.
- DSE Front sway bar - See below
- DSE FE4 Rear Sway bar The DSE sway bars are the stiffest and most well balanced sway bars we've ever tested, and we've tested just about everything on the market. They're 3 way adjustable in the rear and 2 way adjustable up front, so you can dial them in to your driving style and tire setup.
- DSE Front endlinks - Adjustable and very light weight high quality pieces; competitively priced.
- DSE Toe links - These are by FAR the lightest toe links available next to factory. They are also very strong, adjustable and have Spherical ends to stop ALL unnecessary movement, while keeping the alignment in check under load, and allowing the suspension to properly articulate as it needs to.
- DSE Trailing arms w/ outer bushings - Again, by far the lightest pieces available with plenty of strength to hold up to anything you throw at them.
- DSE Cradle mounts - Once again; they are the lightest solid cradle mounts available and will stop ALL cradle movement.
- JDP Rear upper control arm bushings pre-pressed in new GM brackets
Prothane Front radius arm inserts - We have left over Urethane bushing stock from Pfadt, which we pre-press into new GM brackets for easy installation. These bushings are a high durometer and is very resistant against deflection.

Package 2: The "best bang for the buck package" :

This package is designed using components which we have tested and will provide very good improvements in all of the areas that need addressing on the 5th gen Camaro.

- GM Rear lower control arms - As stated above; they're a great part and generally do not need to be upgraded unless you are going from the older style FE3 suspension to FE4 style, or if you have a lot of power.
- GM rear endlinks - Again, see above.
Detroit speed front endlinks - See above package
- BMR FE4 Sway bar kit - Not as stiff as the DSE sway bars, but still provide a huge improvement in roll resistance and will dramatically improve how the car handles. They are 3 way adjustable on both front and rear to fine tune to your driving style and tire setup.
- BMR toe links - poly bushings boxed version. These are a very cost effective solution for those looking for an upgrade in stepping unnecessary movement, but those with higher power levels should consider a spherical bearing/rod end.
- BMR Trailing arms - Again; the poly/boxed version which is very strong, but also quite heavy. The weight is about the only downside I see of this product.
- BMR Outer trailing arm bushings - Great product since the revision, also very cost effective.
- Prothane subframe/cradle bushings - Hands down the best bang for the buck polyurethane subframe/cradle bushings available. They're an 88 durometer which is stiffer than many of the competition's bushings and do a very good job at limiting cradle/subframe movement. We sell and install a TON of these.
- Prothane radius rod inserts - Again HUGE bang for the buck. These are basically identical to the Pedders radius rod bushings which were sold for about 9X the price. They'll help tighten up steering input and give you a more responsive feel.
- JDP/Pfadt upper control arm bushings - Again, see above.

We can also mix and match these products based on your individual needs. Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions and I'm always happy to help!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:23 PM   #19
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Tyler View Post
These are the kind of questions I like to be asked and the information I need to help get you setup properly.

Allow me to break down the packages I quoted you:

Keep in mind, this first package uses basically all the same components as our 2011 Shop SS that has taken the fastest time of the weekend at the Camaro5Fest camarocross, Sturgis Camaro rally autocross and has beat a built Z28 and took the fastest 5th gen award at the Optima USCA event. We use test and install everything we offer, so we have hands on experience with a variety of manufactures and know what parts work well together and the benefits/disadvantages of each part.

Package 1 includes:
- GM 2012+ Rear lower control arms - The factory LCA's are a very good piece, but with 600+ RWHP you may want to consider going with the DSE LCA's. The DSE LCA's are the lightest and strongest pieces available and come at a competitive price.
- GM 2012+ Rear endlinks - A great cost effective solution, but with anything, there are upgradable options. The Rear DSE endlinks have ends that actually allow free sway bar movement, rather than relying on deflection of the stock rubber bushings.
- DSE Front sway bar - See below
- DSE FE4 Rear Sway bar The DSE sway bars are the stiffest and most well balanced sway bars we've ever tested, and we've tested just about everything on the market. They're 3 way adjustable in the rear and 2 way adjustable up front, so you can dial them in to your driving style and tire setup.
- DSE Front endlinks - Adjustable and very light weight high quality pieces; competitively priced.
- DSE Toe links - These are by FAR the lightest toe links available next to factory. They are also very strong, adjustable and have Spherical ends to stop ALL unnecessary movement, while keeping the alignment in check under load, and allowing the suspension to properly articulate as it needs to.
- DSE Trailing arms w/ outer bushings - Again, by far the lightest pieces available with plenty of strength to hold up to anything you throw at them.
- DSE Cradle mounts - Once again; they are the lightest solid cradle mounts available and will stop ALL cradle movement.
- JDP Rear upper control arm bushings pre-pressed in new GM brackets
Prothane Front radius arm inserts - We have left over Urethane bushing stock from Pfadt, which we pre-press into new GM brackets for easy installation. These bushings are a high durometer and is very resistant against deflection.

Package 2: The "best bang for the buck package" :

This package is designed using components which we have tested and will provide very good improvements in all of the areas that need addressing on the 5th gen Camaro.

- GM Rear lower control arms - As stated above; they're a great part and generally do not need to be upgraded unless you are going from the older style FE3 suspension to FE4 style, or if you have a lot of power.
- GM rear endlinks - Again, see above.
Detroit speed front endlinks - See above package
- BMR FE4 Sway bar kit - Not as stiff as the DSE sway bars, but still provide a huge improvement in roll resistance and will dramatically improve how the car handles. They are 3 way adjustable on both front and rear to fine tune to your driving style and tire setup.
- BMR toe links - poly bushings boxed version. These are a very cost effective solution for those looking for an upgrade in stepping unnecessary movement, but those with higher power levels should consider a spherical bearing/rod end.
- BMR Trailing arms - Again; the poly/boxed version which is very strong, but also quite heavy. The weight is about the only downside I see of this product.
- BMR Outer trailing arm bushings - Great product since the revision, also very cost effective.
- Prothane subframe/cradle bushings - Hands down the best bang for the buck polyurethane subframe/cradle bushings available. They're an 88 durometer which is stiffer than many of the competition's bushings and do a very good job at limiting cradle/subframe movement. We sell and install a TON of these.
- Prothane radius rod inserts - Again HUGE bang for the buck. These are basically identical to the Pedders radius rod bushings which were sold for about 9X the price. They'll help tighten up steering input and give you a more responsive feel.
- JDP/Pfadt upper control arm bushings - Again, see above.

We can also mix and match these products based on your individual needs. Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions and I'm always happy to help!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
I have a 2010 camaro.. I'll take the setup that beats the Z28! PM that price!
Old 08-27-2014, 04:07 PM   #20
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
BMR offers aftermarket suspension components that are high quality, high strength, and made in the U.S., right here in our facility in Florida. We do our best to provide the best parts possible at the lowest cost to our customers. The package quote I sent you is a very potent package that will VERY substantially improve the handling of your 2010 Camaro. Are there better components?.....Yes! I could have included the adjustable TCA029, the TR004 toe rods with spherical bearings, the adjustable TCA033 trailing arms, and the delrin cradle and differential bushings, but I knew that cost was also a factor for you. Will the package I quoted you out-perform the Z/28? It's hard to say....the Z/28 has forged lightweight 19" wheels, extremely sticky track tires, weight reductions all over the place, a 505 HP dry-sump LS7, increased aerodynamics, and other track-specific modifications. So there are many more things to consider than just the suspension components. I would be leary of parts that are "too cheap", many of our parts have been copied by other companies (I won't mention names) and then assembled or welded overseas with sub-par quality. If you want Z/28-like performance from your 2010 SS, you're going to have to spend some money!!! That being said, I am confident that any of the packages that Tyler or myself have quoted you will vastly improve the performance of your suspension.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:49 AM   #21
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Keith, Can you powder coat my parts yellow over the red ones since its in house and paint is paint?

Im not sure Id know how to adjust the parts if I got the better ones.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #22
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Keith, Can you powder coat my parts yellow over the red ones since its in house and paint is paint?

Im not sure Id know how to adjust the parts if I got the better ones.
Sorry man, we only offer the red or the black hammertone powder coat. That's all we have in-house. But on most parts, I can get them to you "unfinished" (bare), and you can have them powder coated by a local shop. I believe most parts are like $10-$15 less expensive if you get them bare.

As far as the adjustment of the adjustable LCA's, Trailing Arms, and/or Toe Rods, you just set them to the same exact length as stock (eyelet-to-eyelet), and then the alignment shop will fine tune them as needed when you get your alignment done.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:05 AM   #23
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Sorry man, we only offer the red or the black hammertone powder coat. That's all we have in-house. But on most parts, I can get them to you "unfinished" (bare), and you can have them powder coated by a local shop. I believe most parts are like $10-$15 less expensive if you get them bare.

As far as the adjustment of the adjustable LCA's, Trailing Arms, and/or Toe Rods, you just set them to the same exact length as stock (eyelet-to-eyelet), and then the alignment shop will fine tune them as needed when you get your alignment done.

Sent email..

lets go non painted but primed, and black bushings..
Old 08-28-2014, 03:58 PM   #24
subzero05
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 tbd
Hurst has a new Black and gold hammertone on theirs.looks pretty nice!
subzero05 is offline   Reply With Quote