Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
mikerogs

Drives: Black 2SS
Extremely unhappy with APEX Motorsports

I ordered a set of BMR lowering springs on Wednesday the 27th from APEX. I ordered them based on the reviews I saw here in the forums. I could have ordered from any of a half a dozen other vendors who all had the same price and free shipping.

I called and spoke to Chase and I am guessing they use internet telephone or something because even after 2 attempts, I was only able to understand every third word. That was a sign that I should have looked elsewhere. If a business can not afford a phone...well.

I also chose them because according to their shipping map I am in the 1-2 day shipping zone.

So I ordered on the 27th and I absolutely needed them LAST week. I waited until the 2nd and then I started getting apprehensive because I was running out of "install time". I sent an email and left a phone message. No answer. It was not until several days later that I noticed a message on their home page that stated they went on spring break.

We're on Spring Break!

March 30 - The staff at Apex Motorsports will be away this week for Spring Break. This may cause some delays in the shipping of some orders. If your order will be delayed, you will receive an email to let you know the estimated ship date. We will return in 1 week!

Really? Needless to say , no update. There was plenty of time from Wednesday to Saturday to ship a box of springs, or at least tell me what's going on. Nothing.

So now, 12 days later, this is the email they sent.

"I just got back from spring break so I am trying to up date everyone. As of right now BMR and us are out of the springs. They should be able to ship no later than the 22nd. If you have any questions please let me know."
Thanks
Victoria Robbins
Shipping Manager, Apex Motorsports Inc.

So it took 12 days to tell me that you don't even have anything in stock. Horrible service.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Moved to vendor feedback/review subforum
Old 04-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
That sucks, sorry to hear it man. I know lots of people have had great experiences with APEX, but I guess you can't hit a home run every time. I would still order from them and consider this a rare occurrence. Hope you find somewhere else to get the springs.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #4
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
I'd be pissed too, if you are out of stock on an item. Just say so, its not a crime.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #5
spyder

Drives: 2010 V6 | M6
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. If I owned a business with less or more employees I would never send them on vacation all at the same time.

- They call it the black panther.

2010 Camaro LLT (sold)
2008 Yamaha WR250X
2011 Nissan Armada 4WD Platinum
Old 04-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
As myself owning a retail business, I understand that sh*t happens. Things run out of stock all the time...... My experiences with them was top notch.... I'm sure they will take care of you... You can always call BMR direct and find out what's going on.... If they don't have them, then obviously no one else will either...

GL!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Mistakes happen no matter who it is. It's how they get corrected that showes how much of a class act or udder turd a company is.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #8
mikerogs

Drives: Black 2SS
Mistakes happen but not communicating with a customer is not a mistake. It is bad service. There is a difference.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #9
jordan 572

Drives: none
I can almost guarantee they will get you handled properly, I would be pissed too but there one of the best companies on here. PM chase as he is on almost all the time, if not multiple times a day. And the stock issue I agree is annoying but most of the vendors drop ship also so when BMR runs out everyone does. They'll get you figured out, have faith.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #10
Tar Heel RS

Drives: 2010 SIM LT RS
Yea I got screwed recently by them with the spring break thing too would of been nice for a heads up before we placed orders apex chase could've made a thread or something it sucks
Old 04-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #11
rsflyer

Drives: 2010 VR 2LT/RS A6
Unhappy Very...

this happened to you.

I've been hard-done this way many times by a plethora of retailers.

Forum feedback like this should burn a fire under most sellers...

Hope they make it right and that you get another ideal installation date.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #12
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar Heel RS View Post
Yea I got screwed recently by them with the spring break thing too would of been nice for a heads up before we placed orders apex chase could've made a thread or something it sucks
To his defense, he did make a thread. Actually I was a bit surprised when I seen that the whole company was going to be closed. I remember thinking some people were going to have issues.

With that said Apex is a great company, my bet is Chase and company make this right.

Sent from my 2SS/RS

Last edited by nyrfan; 04-08-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #13
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
I have to stick up for Apex. They are one of the best vendors you will find on any forum, and yes, all are human and stuff happens sometimes beyond anyones control. That said, they will make it right. They and most on here are top notch compared to the average business, and only being in a vendors shoes can anyone know what they put up with day in and day out.

Be nice and all will be good and you will be happy in the end.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #14
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Mike, I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your experience. We have built a rock solid reputation for providing an unmatched customer experience and work on a continual basis to improve it. Anytime a customer has a less than satisfactory experience we analyze it and take steps to avoid it happening again when possible.

I do recall speaking with you on the phone, we had a stretch of 3 or 4 days a few weeks ago where there was some sort of issue with AT&T and our phone service was messed up. We have 4 lines and they were all having issues during that period but they seem to have straightened it out.

Concerning your order, our records indicate that you placed your order on March 27th at 4:29 PM EST and at that time an automated "Thank You!" email was sent to you that included your invoice. The following morning, March 28th at 11:32 AM EST our shipping manager sent the following email:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:32 AM
To: ********@hotmail.com
Subject: re: Apex Motorsports: Order #3490 Order Received

Mike,

Thank you for your order. These springs are currently out of stock. Once I have a shipping date I will forward that on to you. If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks
Victoria Robbins
Shipping Manager, Apex Motorsports Inc.
victoria@apex-speed.com
--------------------------------------------------------------

I do not have an explanation for why you did not receive this email. It is not uncommon for emails from business email addresses to get filtered by the recipients inbox. This sort of thing has lead to more than one frustrated customer. Unfortunately, this was further complicated by our limited availability last week due to factors outside of our control.

Your email requesting an order cancellation and refund was received at 7:28 PM EST tonight and will be processed in the morning. You should receive the funds in 3 business days. Feel free to contact me directly if any need arises in the mean time.

Closed Thread