Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 11-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #281
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Drives: '12 2LT/RS; '14 2SS/RS LS3 SSE
Hey, Ms Becky!!!
Happy Turkey Day to you to!!

Well, the first hurdle of the holidays is over. As usual, I cooked to much; ate to much; and there's waaaay to much leftovers to deal with. LOL!
But, I will NOT follow in my Nana's foot steps for post Thanksgiving meal planning:

~the BIG, MAIN, feast...turkey, dressing and ALL the fixings
~the BIG, first meal off all the leftovers
~the SECOND run of leftovers on the Friday evening following TG Day
~the THIRD of the creative meals for leftover turkey...aka, hot, open faced turkey sandwiches
~the FOURTH creative meal for leftover turkey...cold sliced turkey and cheddar sandwiches with a tall glass of milk....ummmm
~the FIFTH creative meal...now we are getting down to the bone-pickin' stuff...hmmm...let's see, at this point, my Nana would make hot turkey hash on toasted bread. Not bad, but are we ever going to see the end of this bird, I ask???
Not just yet...
~the SIXTH creative turkey meal...the bones of course! Yep, you guessed it...
put that bird's carcass in the stock pot and make a big ole batch of turkey vegetable soup.
~the SEVENTH creative turkey meal...repeat above,but just add some noodles!

Those were the good ole days??? LOL! Only if you LOVE turkey!

Now, let's move on into planning Christmas dinner and the leftovers, shall we?

off to address Christmas cards!
Old 11-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #282
Black Lightning

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
For sure...let's get ready for Santa!

We hosted Thanksgiving this year. Still have everyone here and having a good time with our families.

One more big event to go - Alabama vs Auburn this afternoon. Roll Tide!

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Black Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:29 PM   #283
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
For sure...let's get ready for Santa!

We hosted Thanksgiving this year. Still have everyone here and having a good time with our families.

One more big event to go - Alabama vs Auburn this afternoon. Roll Tide!
Glad you and your family had a happy TG together! It's certainly the "family" time of the year, as it should be, I think.

Congrats on the Tide win! It's looking more and more like 'bama will get another shot at LSU....and you know who I'll be cheering for!

We have a sick fur-kid. I took both the babies to the vet on Weds before TG day.
They both got boosters and exams, as well as a clean bill of health.
I had told my vet that Kassie[our adult, Maine Coon] was off her feed a bit, and would gag when she tried to eat; my guess being that perhaps she had a large fur bezel, aka hairball. aacckk! The vet agreed, and said let's watch her for further symptoms.
Anyhoo, she only ate 1 time on Friday, and no intake, not even water, over the weekend. She is lethargic and sleeps all the time.
I am extremely worried about her. So, in the morning, we will go to the vet. I could've taken her in to the emergent care vet clinic, but we know several folks who have been "fleeced" by emergency pet clinics.
I feel like I'm in a "damned if you do, and damned if you don't" situation, but I'd really rather have our vet taking care of her. Not to mention Kass gets very distraught when she has to travel in her kitty carry-all, and I didn't want to put her through making 2 trips to the vet...1 to the emergent care and then to our vet tomorrow.
Always something it seems. sigh.

I braved the elements and masses today, and did some Christmas shopping!I still need a few more things for the grandson and hubby, but the rest of the gifts will be online purchases.

This week coming up is going to be hellious for me work wise. I'm still looking for another job, but haven't found the right one for me yet.
Onward, though.

O&O
nite all
Old 11-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #284
Black Lightning

We won't let LSU get by us again! I'm also hoping Georgia gives them a beating. Not likely, but I can hope!

Sorry to hear about the Cassie. Hope all is OK and it is nothing serious.

Lilly is almost 10 now. So far, only a little calcium build up in her shoulder. It comes and goes, but not a bother at present.

I did a little Cyber Monday shopping - for me! I ordered some SRP racing pedals. Rats...that reminds me I never took pics of the new radiator cover.

Good luck with the job search. You'll find something. Hang in there!

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:05 PM   #285
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
We won't let LSU get by us again! I'm also hoping Georgia gives them a beating. Not likely, but I can hope!

Sorry to hear about the Cassie. Hope all is OK and it is nothing serious.

Lilly is almost 10 now. So far, only a little calcium build up in her shoulder. It comes and goes, but not a bother at present.

I did a little Cyber Monday shopping - for me! I ordered some SRP racing pedals. Rats...that reminds me I never took pics of the new radiator cover.

Good luck with the job search. You'll find something. Hang in there!
Ohhhh...wouldn't it be sweet if Georgia up and spanked LSU??? hehe.

The vet visit went as well as expected, I guess maybe even a little better. The working diagnosis is liver inflamation/infection. He gave Kassie a cortisone and antibiotic injection, and we will start oral antiobiotics tomorrow. She did eat a little dinner, but wretched and gagged a few times. I can tell she is hungry, but at the same time, holding herself back; much like we do when we are hungry and nauseated at the same time....if you've ever experienced such an occurance...LOL...ahem...I will admit to having a few "episodes" like that my freshman year at college. Now you know! But...what's said in the Camaro forum, stays in the Camaro forum!

Definitely post pics of your new engine cover!

Still mulling over a color for my rally stripes. Now I'm leaning towards a lighter shade of CGM with red pinstripes, and having the head restraints/headrests embroidered red with a black outline, which would all coordinate with my new Lloyd's custom mats.
As much as I've changed my mind, this color scheme has been the one to linger the longest in my brain! ha!
So, that's where I'm at...at least for today anyway!

off to la-la land. Staying up with sick cats and losing sleep has taken its toll...aka...the ole gray mare ain't what she used to be....

nite all!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #286
Black Lightning

Quote:
a lighter shade of CGM with red pinstripes, and having the head restraints/headrests embroidered red with a black outline
Sounds awesome. Go for it!!

Old 11-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #287
frank1557
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange RS
My name is frank and I'm addicted to driving.
frank1557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:29 PM   #288
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Hi frank...I'm addicted to Camaros. LOL!

Busy, busy time of year. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels 99.999% of the time! ack!

Well...on a different note...darned ole LSU won today against Georgia.
My Sooners came completely un-done. I just had to walk away in the 4th quarter because it was getting to painful to watch! LOL!
Oh well...OSU hadn't won against the Sooners in 9 years, so I guess it was time we let them win one! LOL! [side note; I DETEST OSU as much as I do Texass]

Santa let me open one of my gifts early...what a nice and adoring Santa I have!
My Lloyd's mats got here Friday, and boy do they look nice! Now I'm getting more excited about getting my rally stripes put on. Hope I can get it done sometine this month, but we'll see.

yawn...
nite all.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #289
Black Lightning

So sorry about your Sooners. Yeah, that was hard to watch. They just couldn't get anything going.

For sure, I was hoping for a LSU beatdown. Hopefully, Alabama gets the next shot at them.

Congrats on the Lloyd's mats!

What did you decide on the rally stripes?

This afternoon I put on the SRP racing pedals. I added a pic to my album along with a pic of the new radiator cover. The cover is hard to see since it is black and my iPhone pic quality is not so good.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #290
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

I visited your page and Black Lightning looks awesome!

Looks like your Tide will get the chance to whoop some tiger butts!!
I'll definitely be cheering for 'bama!

OU will play Iowa in the Insight Bowl on Dec 30 in Tempe. They are so beat up with injuries, who knows if they can even win that game. Going 9-3 for the season is mediocre. They should've been 11-1, but that's college football.

Well, OSU may have won the game, but boy their fans are rediculously stupid!
13 trampled, and 3 people in critical condition all in the name of "excessive" celebration on the field. Who in the heJJ thought it was OK to storm the field and tear down the goal posts? I know other fans at other colleges have done it, but is that just not the STUPIDIST thing to do in the whole wide world???? These kids go to college to learn how to be stupid??? Sheesh!
end of rant. No it's not...I still can't get over how STUPID those people were.

I'm going to call the paint guy this week and see if he can do my stripes before Christmas. Hopefully we won't have a big ice or snow storm that will make a long waiting list. Then while it's being painted, I'll send my head restraints in to be embroidered.

Busy week coming up at work...actually the rest of the year will be busy. Insurance deductables have been met, so these folks want their surgeries...like RIGHT NOW!!! LOL!

nite all...yawn.

Last edited by Camaro_krazee; 12-05-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Camaro_krazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #291
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Santa doesn't know it yet, but he just ordered Mod #2:
SLP Flat Black Fade Rear Quarter Gill Graphics Kit
[mod #1 being the custom Lloyd's Camaro RS front mats.]

Jingle Bells...
Jingle Bells...
Jingle all the way...
oh what fun it is to ride...
in a modded [Camaro] chevrolet!

It's a good thing I know how to do online ordering for Santa...hehe
Old 12-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #292
Black Lightning

Santa has good mod taste!

Old 12-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #293
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_krazee View Post

It's a good thing I know how to do online ordering for Santa...hehe

May I have Santa's credit card number? There are some things I'd like for my car too!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #294
Camaro_krazee
COTW 5/26/14

Quote:
Santa has good mod taste!
thanks! Santa and his helper gets it right most of the time

Quote:
May I have Santa's credit card number? There are some things I'd like for my car too!
I bet if you ask your Santa, he'll gladly hand over his credit card.

I'm up the creek without a paddle, for gifts for the grandson. Yikes!
This is the hardest year I've had in regards as to what to get him.
He's at that age...to old for toys, clothes don't count, and he doesn't want for anything.
Then, his birthday is next month as well. Guess I'll give in and go to the Game Stop and get something there.

have a good evening, folks.