Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #15
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
That's funny. Why are you targeting me when everyone else had the same opinion.
Same funny way you decide to call people out for your own jollies?

Oh, and by the way, what was that 'same opinion'; that I shouldn't have bought the Camaro and that I'm a whiny irresponsible douche that doesn't deserve the car and I probably never really bought one in the first place?
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #16
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Same funny way you decide to call people out for your own jollies?

Oh, and by the way, what was that 'same opinion'; that I shouldn't have bought the Camaro and that I'm a whiny irresponsible douche that doesn't deserve the car and I probably never really bought one in the first place?
Lol grow up
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #17
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Even a certified used car is not guaranteed to be cosmetically perfect, and bumper to bumper does not cover cosmetic issues. If that was the case why would anyone buy new? Glad to hear they took care of it though, but I suspect it was to make you happy not because they were obligated to do it.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #18
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Glad they are working with you. Two things.....concider this a lesson, never buy till you are completely satisfied and get any issues in writing before you sign the bottom line. And, you boght the wrong car if you expect noise free driving.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #19
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Glad they are working with you. Two things.....concider this a lesson, never buy till you are completely satisfied and get any issues in writing before you sign the bottom line. And, you bought the wrong car if you expect noise free driving.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #20
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
sept of 09 seems like a very late r6p car are you sure about that,did you check the sticker in the trunk?
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #21
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
I think Dtrimpi87 was just stating what others are thinking in terms of you buying a car and then you complain of its cosmetic state after you took it home.

In regards to warranty it is very simple and you can look it up under Magnuson-Moss Warranty act...Wikipedi below, SEMA has a better listing if I remember correctly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act

Bottom line is that unless the part you installed directly effects or causes the part you are trying to warranty to fail they cannot deny the warranty. IE: a 1LE suspension, NPP Exhaust nor the ZL1 shifter are not going to cause your ECU to fail or your motor to drop a valve.

If the dealership tries to deny a claim for warranty based on an aftermarket install you insist for this denial to be in writing (they wont do it). If they do not have proof that your install or component has a direct correlation to the failed part they cannot deny the claim.

NOWWWWW. If you put a ZL1 shifter in your car and your trans starts grinding they can of course try to link the two and can stating incompatibility not allowing the the trans to fully engage in the gear causing the teeth to grind or wear...ect. Those types of claims are hard to fight as a consumer. But if the A/C stops working there is no direct link unless during your swaybar install you damage an a/c line (you get the point)

It is 100% case by case.....but there is no such thing as "VOIDING A WARRANTY" across the board unless the car has been hit and rebuilt or has been in a flood....everything else can be warrantied period!..Dealerships cannot VOID or black ball a car for a few mods....

-Matt
Old 07-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #22
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Go to a different dealer/maint department. It's GM certified, thus it can be serviced at any GM dealership. The current dealer obviously isn't the best choice.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote