Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-05-2016, 11:49 AM   #43
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
This is what I do for cleaning the wheels:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=693

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 02:22 PM   #44
Camaro 79

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZN View Post
Depending on how dirty the car is, I'll go through anywhere from 1/4 to just over half of a 16oz bottle of Waterless Wash. Adam now sells his new formula Waterless Wash in 32oz bottles as well as the 16oz and gallon sizes.
If I'm doing a Waterless, or Rinseless Wash I do my wheels last, and only clean the faces. I use the same product I'd been using on the paint.
What do you mean that your towels didn't hold up well?
When it's time to give the wheels a good thorough cleaning, I'm reaching for the hose and a bucket.
I needed more than the 2 towels they provided in the package I got, and after getting them out of the Drier the trim was falling off.

I absolutely do the wheels last, I figure I would need to stick to the hose and bucket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
This is what I do for cleaning the wheels:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=693

-Don
Very nice! Thanks for the tip, I need to get a pressure sprayer for sure.
Camaro 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 04:00 AM   #45
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
Camaro 79, call Adam's Customer Service number. You'll get two new towels I'm sure, 866 965-0400. He now has a satin border around the edge of the towel to stop to unraveling.

Oh, and two towels is just to get you started. I'll use at least four, and that's on a pretty clean vehicle to start with.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:34 AM   #46
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro 79 View Post
I needed more than the 2 towels they provided in the package I got, and after getting them out of the Drier the trim was falling off.
I had two of these towels do the same thing, Adams replaced them, just take a picture and send to their customer service.

If you want more towels like this, the Rag Company has the same towel for less money. 5.75 per towel vs. 8.50 per towel.

http://www.theragcompany.com/premium...e-weave-towel/

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:51 AM   #47
Camaro 79

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Great! Thanks for the heads up guys I'll be sure to do that when I get home.

One thing to note about the waterless wash is that my car still looks clean after multiple rain storms. More so then any other wash I've used, actually. I imagine the more I use it the longer it will stay clean if this is any indication.
Camaro 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:13 AM   #48
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Great! Thanks for the heads up guys I'll be sure to do that when I get home.

One thing to note about the waterless wash is that my car still looks clean after multiple rain storms. More so then any other wash I've used, actually. I imagine the more I use it the longer it will stay clean if this is any indication.
The upper parts may look clean, but if the car has been driven in the rain, I can guarantee you that the front, rear, and behind the wheels and down the lower parts of the sides (unless you have splash guards) have accumulated dirt and road film.

I would recommend foaming / 2 bucket washing after your car has been driven in the rain.

The film sticks to your car and the dirt is stuck in the film. Rinsing first, then foaming, loosens this and makes it much safer to remove then spraying something on it, and wiping it with a dry towel.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:55 AM   #49
BRZN

Waterless Wash when used correctly is just fine after the car's been driven in some rain. If the car's dirty, by all means; a two bucket wash is in order.

You don't need to take a picture, the Adam's Customer Service folks will take your word for the issue (it's not that uncommon) and they'll take care of you.

Perhaps with the Rag Company you'd need to take pictures to prove there was a problem with your towels.

Watch the video I placed in post #21 of this thread. Adam states the New Formula Waterless Wash is just as safe as bucket washing. Look how dirty the white car is their demoing the product on. This stuff is pretty impressive, more lubricants to help lift the dirt and more gloss enhancers to help your finish pop and bead water.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:41 AM   #50
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Waterless Wash when used correctly is just fine after the car's been driven in some rain. If the car's dirty, by all means; a two bucket wash is in order.

You don't need to take a picture, the Adam's Customer Service folks will take your word for the issue (it's not that uncommon) and they'll take care of you.

Perhaps with the Rag Company you'd need to take pictures to prove there was a problem with your towels.

Watch the video I placed in post #21 of this thread. Adam states the New Formula Waterless Wash is just as safe as bucket washing. Look how dirty the white car is their demoing the product on. This stuff is pretty impressive, more lubricants to help lift the dirt and more gloss enhancers to help your finish pop and bead water.

The towels I had issues with were not from the Rag Company, they were from Adams. I sent a pic just so they could see the issue, not because they requested it.

I had an issue with a couple RC Everest 1100 towels, Jeff replaced them with no issues. RC has excellent customer service. Along with great value.

Of course you have NEVER bought any of their towels to compare. I have. You have NO experience with the RC. I have plenty. All good. Don't make ridiculous statements about a company you have NEVER dealt with.

You show this video, yet you state in an earlier post that you use waterless for a "lightly" dirty car. That white car is not "lightly" dirty. And because it's white, if any marring occurred using this process, you couldn't see it anyway.

You state that it's safe to use on a car that's been driven in the rain, well I need to see a car that has been corrected, driven in the rain, and then this process used on it. Not from 10 or 15 feet away, but in the sun, or with the use of light, from 1 foot away, to prove no marring occurred.

Absolutely no way possible this is as safe as a 2 bucket wash.

The website even states it's for a slightly dirty car.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exteri...-car-wash.html

If your car has been driven in the rain it has film on it, that CANNOT be avoided. Film is not slight dirt. It's stuck to your paint.

Impossible that just spraying and wiping with a dry towel is as safe as rinsing, foaming, wiping with a quality wash mitt that's loaded with soap/water.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:45 AM   #51
BRZN

Wow, looks like I've offended you again.
So sensitive...
Old 07-06-2016, 10:04 AM   #52
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Wow, looks like I've offended you again.
So sensitive...
I'm not offended at all.

I just dislike people who promote LIES.

And who make statements with NO PROOF of their accuracy/honesty.

Go ahead and use waterless wash on your paint if it's as dirty as that white car, or has been driven in rain. Swirl your paint up. Don't advise others to do the same when there is a better/safer method.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:13 AM   #53
14ssrs6man

Drives: Summit White 2014 2SS/RS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
I'm not offended at all.

I just dislike people who promote LIES.

And who make statements with NO PROOF of their accuracy/honesty.

Go ahead and use waterless wash on your paint if it's as dirty as that white car, or has been driven in rain. Swirl your paint up. Don't advise others to do the same when there is a better/safer method.

My Father always told me "Do it right or don't do it at all" Why take a chance if there is any doubt. Being proactive is better than reactive... in the long run you will save time and be able to enjoy your ride. Most shortcuts don't give the results that proper technique deliver.

Thanks Joe!
Old 07-06-2016, 10:42 AM   #54
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:

I absolutely do the wheels last, I figure I would need to stick to the hose and bucket.

Very nice! Thanks for the tip, I need to get a pressure sprayer for sure.
Get two -- mine were $19 each @ Lowes.

If I have grime on mine, I two bucket wash. Mine is kept in the garage out of the elements so most of the time, its just dust.

The ultimate WW Plus came in and I'm stoked now -- 44+ gallons it makes!
I use almost 16 oz of WW so that is ALOT of washing (compared to $13 per bottle).

So I calculated:

44 * 8 = 352 16 oz of WW (4 quarts to a gallon 8 16 oz to a gallon)

352 * $13 = $4576 if bought by the 16 oz bottle.

I got Ultimate WW Plus for $66 so divide that by 44 gallons (made) and its $1.50 a gallon.

Divide that by 8 and its .1875 cents per 16 oz bottle.

So 352 bottles @ .1875 cents each -- looked like a pretty good deal to me...

Distilled water is .25 a gallon so .03 cents per 16 oz bottle -- .22 cents a 16 oz mix...

-Don

Last edited by hammdo; 07-06-2016 at 11:02 AM.
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:04 AM   #55
14ssrs6man

Drives: Summit White 2014 2SS/RS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Get two -- mine were $19 each @ Lowes.

If I have grime on mine, I two bucket wash. Mine is kept in the garage out of the elements so most of the time, its just dust.

The ultimate WW Plus came in and I'm stoked now -- 44+ gallons it makes!
I use almost 16 oz of WW so that is ALOT of washing (compared to $13 per bottle).

So I calculated:

44 * 8 = 352 16 oz of WW (4 quarts to a gallon 8 16 oz to a gallon)

352 * $13 = $4576 if bought by the 16 oz bottle.

I got Ultimate WW Plus for $66 so divide that by 44 gallons (made) and its $1.50 a gallon.

Divide that by 8 and its .1875 cents per 16 oz bottle.

So 352 bottles @ .1875 cents each -- looked like a pretty good deal to me...

Distilled water is .25 a gallon so .03 cents per 16 oz bottle -- .22 cents a 16 oz mix...

-Don
Old 07-13-2016, 08:33 PM   #56
LaN-

Drives: 2014 SS Convertible
After driving my car for a day or 2 the rear end is covered in brake dust. Do you think WW is safe here? The car isn't really "dirty", but the black dust shows up easily on a white car.

628/525

Suspension: Koni orange, (BMR everything) 1" drop springs, toe rods, trailer arms, non adjustable LCR, FE4 sway bars, sub frame connectors, delrin sub frame bushing and upper control arm bushings. Front bushings.
LaN- is offline   Reply With Quote