Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #29
Cody6.2

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novie LE View Post
I thnk you misunderstood what I tried to say. Suspension wise there are no changes from 2011-2014 brembo vs "track pack" cars. The brembo pacage was alot more then just brakes and wheels...although aside from those two items it sucked, it was still more.
You're the only one not understanding the point being made here. The suspension included with the Brembo Package had more changes from 2011-2014 than the Camaro has since 2010. Obviously since it's all included with the Track Pack the same still applies. And since you understand as well as you spell stop trying to argue a moot point.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #30
Cody6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsZL1 View Post
No mustang out corners the respective camaro. Sorry

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
That's the most ignorant thing I've read all day.

Oh wait you drive a ZL1 I get it.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #31
Cody6.2

Quote:
None of that outside of maybe the diff will change the way the car handles compared to a 11-12 Brembo cars.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #32
Novie LE

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody6.2 View Post
Typical reply of a child that ran into a dead end.
Novie LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #33
Cody6.2

Quote:
This is quite the insult coming from a guy who posses the vocabulary and spelling skills you do.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #34
NinoSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM LS3
These threads will never put an end to this debate, both are very solid performance cars for the money. In the end splitting hairs over lap times is ridiculous unless you make your living as a professional race car driver.

Most members on the respective car forums don't keep their cars in stock for anyway so all this discussion is pointless, it becomes who has more to spend.

Make your car as fast as you can and handle as well as possible within your budget. Both are good platforms to mod for a street driven car.

Carry on...
Old 10-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #35
Novie LE

Quote:
This is quite the insult coming from a guy who posses the vocabulary and spelling skills you do.
That's what happens when you constantly post from a phone. But what does that have to do with the topic at hand?
Old 10-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #36
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
You're the only one not understanding the point being made here. The suspension included with the Brembo Package had more changes from 2011-2014 than the Camaro has since 2010. Obviously since it's all included with the Track Pack the same still applies. And since you understand as well as you spell stop trying to argue a moot point.

And again you are just not getting it....or avoiding it on purpose/playing dumb.

I can find no literature stating the components in the original brembo package have been changed. The additional parts in the track pack will not improve the handling other than the torsen diff.

I have searched for sites and I have searched google etc. What I am finding is the cars handling will be the same/suspension components have not been changed.

I simply asked you to prove your statement and you cant do it. He called you out on this/said you hit a dead end and that's what it is looking like.

Prove the point you made or admit you were wrong buddy.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #37
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
That's the most ignorant thing I've read all day.

Oh wait you drive a ZL1 I get it.
Not really. v6 cars aside

Standard ss > standard gt

Standard SS and track pack GT...well we are still discussing lol but it is close. I would summize an edge to the SS if you cant produce some major changes to suspension components like the fe4 in camaro

1le > track pack gt or even the boss

zl1 > gt500 and boss on a track. z28 > gt500 as well.

About your riff on the zl1. Yes it is somewhat lacking in a straight line compared to gt500...but we are discussing handling.

A zl1 that is 300 lbs heavier and down nearly 100hp but manages to out do a gt500 on a track. Whats that say about mustang vs Camaro chassis handling capability?

Why do you have to go down that road and rip on the mans car? You are laughing at his zl1 when you own a mustang gt? Don't start getting sour...just having a discussion here.

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 10-26-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #38
CobraBall

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJanowich View Post
Considering the Camaro was already a year into production when the 5.0 Mustang GT came out, I'm ok with that. Ford fans really should be happy that the 5th gen Camaro was made because it forced Ford to stop being lazy and put a real engine in their Mustang.
Well, in the interest of being fair, the current S197 Mustang platform has existed since 2005, sans powertain. And the Coyote motor was in R&D back in 2007 well before the Camaro was even known about. I know GM likes to take credit for a lot of what Ford does well, but the reality is usually a bit different.
CobraBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #39
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
That is why he is on a lot of people"s ignore list, including mine.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #40
Cody6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
And again you are just not getting it....or avoiding it on purpose/playing dumb.

I can find no literature stating the components in the original brembo package have been changed. The additional parts in the track pack will not improve the handling other than the torsen diff.

I have searched for sites and I have searched google etc. What I am finding is the cars handling will be the same/suspension components have not been changed.

I simply asked you to prove your statement and you cant do it. He called you out on this/said you hit a dead end and that's what it is looking like.

Prove the point you made or admit you were wrong buddy.

And I told you to search for threads about the Brembo Package on one of the numerous Mustang forums. Almost any one of them eventually goes into details about the numerous Track Pack test mules and the evolution of it's components. It's no different than most people unfamiliar with Camaro forums not knowing the difference between FE3 and FE4.

Although it is funny to see you two arguing completely obvious points like you aren't wrong because you said so. Especially when part number have changed since 2011 but they don't tell you than in the brochure so that must be a lie also.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #41
Novie LE

It would be a lot easier to post links to your claims rather than writing paragraphs that don't say anything. Please show us all these changes.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #42
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
And I told you to search for threads about the Brembo Package on one of the numerous Mustang forums. Almost any one of them eventually goes into details about the numerous Track Pack test mules and the evolution of it's components. It's no different than most people unfamiliar with Camaro forums not knowing the difference between FE3 and FE4.

Although it is funny to see you two arguing completely obvious points like you aren't wrong because you said so. Especially when part number have changed since 2011 but they don't tell you than in the brochure so that must be a lie also.
I have tried and I am not finding it. I am only finding to the contrary. Why else would I ask for your sources? If the changes are so drastic...so drastic in fact that they have done even more than fe3 to fe4 it should be easy to find. I can find in one simple search about the camaro changing to fe4 and the changes that it implies. Everything I am finding on the mustang are non-suspension changes such as the torsen, cooling etc etc. Not finding suspension component changes.

Just because the part numbers have changed does not mean the parts are all that different. Could be different suppliers now, could be a minor change in the parts not necessarily affecting the performance like a grease fitting etc...could be a lot of things.

Educate us...