Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
10,860 miles 14 months old.. new calipers, new wheels, new head light, new top.. OYE

took my car to the dealership yesterday as I had noticed one wheel had the clear coat peeling really bad on it, and it was all over, reminded me of sunburned skin peeling off.

dealer called today.. "defective" piston seals on both front calipers. Calipers leaking, it was the brake fluid that ate through and destroyed the clear coating on the wheel.

additionally my drivers side headlight "HALO" ring has turned green and is very dim.

and lastly my convertible top has a lot of shiny wear spots.

--

Dealer replaced the front calipers, both sides, the brake hoses (also apparently damaged from the leaky fluid) and the damaged wheel.

They said they did both calipers as a safety precaution, basically preventative in case the passenger side does the same, as it wasn't readily leaking..

--

Headlight on order, guess they are on back order..

--

and they said my top was bad enough to justify a complete replacement, the top has been ordered and I have to go back in a few weeks when it comes in.

--

all in all I am very pleased with the service and how attentive they were to the issue.. No fight, not argument over the wheel damage or the top.

done and done..

a little disappointed that I've only had the car for 14 months and all these issues have popped up, but I guess better now than at 37 months and no warranty.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
Be very glad the brake fluid didn't "spray" and get your paint. That eats up paint and everything else in its path.

I'm glad they are taking care of you. That's very important. It's not if something happens but what they do to take care of you when it does- that counts!
Old 11-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #3
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroshark View Post
Be very glad the brake fluid didn't "spray" and get your paint. That eats up paint and everything else in its path.

I'm glad they are taking care of you. That's very important. It's not if something happens but what they do to take care of you when it does- that counts!

yeah it sprayed everywhere under the car.. I'm concerned about the suspension bushings and other rubber parts and had them make a note of it in their system, if the rubber deteriorates over time then it is on record.