Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-09-2014, 09:53 PM   #1
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
3 tops replacements and nearly 7 weeks later....

and i think they finally fixed it.

the top is correct, the new designed cords are installed, the weather stripping was replaced (since they tore it pulling the wire cords thru it), the top sits correctly, it doesn't leak, it doesn't flap, there are no tears in the rubber moldings, no wind noise driving with top up, windows all close correctly..

it only took 3 tops, 5 trips, 7 weeks, replacing 3 interior panels they damaged, and 1 phone call to the owner of the dealership to complaining about his service department to get it right!

it felt so good to drive my Camaro today, for 7 weeks I have been in an Equinox, and while the MPG was great, that is one of the slowest most gutless vehicles I have ever driven..

all the rattles and squeaks I had are gone, the car feels new again.

I do not wish this frustration on anyone.. I hope I never have to go thru this again!
Old 01-09-2014, 10:06 PM   #2
Jfoster

Drives: 2016 GT vert.
Awesome......glad they made it right.
Jfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:18 PM   #3
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
I hope everything works out with the new fix. We're having such great top down weather everyday here. Now is the time to drop the top and go for some nice drives.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:21 AM   #4
Calikenn

Drives: 2012 Corvette GS
Calikenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #5
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Wow, good hear - congrats!

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #6
Cool AirZ28

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 2SS/RS Convert.
Glad to hear it all worked out for you.
2013 Camaro 2SS/RS-Smoked tail lights and side markers, HID log lights, & LED lighting inside/outside the car, SJM LED Cupholder, SJM full dashboard ABL lighting, ZL1 Rockers, 1LE Splitter, Showstopper LED Mirrors, Showstopper LED Side Markers, & Showstopper Heat Extractor Hood, 20" Niche Concourse ZL1 Styled wheels 20X8.5 & 20X10 with 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 Nitto Invos, Black Gorilla Lug Nuts/Locks, Black Billet Elite Camaro License Plate Holder, and Hydro Dipped Speedo/Shifter/AC-Heat Bezels.
Cool AirZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #7
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

oh, dammit..

spoke too soon?

top is fine, I got a low tire pressure warning on my dash this morning, went to check the tire..

aside from the dolts at the dealer airing down my tires (again) looks like one of them curbed the right rear wheel and in the process damaged the valve stem.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:32 AM   #8
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
sorry about the wheel.

please post pics of the fixed top in up and down positions.

did they give you a new mechanism/frame?
Old 01-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #9
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
sorry about the wheel.

please post pics of the fixed top in up and down positions.

did they give you a new mechanism/frame?

no new frame.

new cover, replaced the 2 of the bows after their people damaged them from incorrectly installing the first top.

the cover included the new pull cords to whit the frame was drilled for their anchor points/rivets.

I will set up pictures tomorrow when I can take the time to focus on all the specific angles.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #10
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
c;mon you california guys, you are rubbin it in on the weather. us midwest folks have been "chillin" out the past couple weeks. cold and slushy, salty streets, and i aint driving my new vert on that crap. rain today, and in 50s this weekend, so maybe i will at least be able to start it and put it in gear for a few minutes.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:24 PM   #11
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Kevin, it is very nice, but, we seriously need some of your rain and snow. Hope your enjoying the vert.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:55 PM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi Mr. iNCREDIBLE,

I am so happy to hear this news! I do apologize for the frustrations you have gone through, though, to get to this end result. Please keep us posted on how the vehicle is operating, especially the valve stem you mentioned. If you need further assistance, we are happy to help!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
and i think they finally fixed it.

the top is correct, the new designed cords are installed, the weather stripping was replaced (since they tore it pulling the wire cords thru it), the top sits correctly, it doesn't leak, it doesn't flap, there are no tears in the rubber moldings, no wind noise driving with top up, windows all close correctly..

it only took 3 tops, 5 trips, 7 weeks, replacing 3 interior panels they damaged, and 1 phone call to the owner of the dealership to complaining about his service department to get it right!

it felt so good to drive my Camaro today, for 7 weeks I have been in an Equinox, and while the MPG was great, that is one of the slowest most gutless vehicles I have ever driven..

all the rattles and squeaks I had are gone, the car feels new again.

I do not wish this frustration on anyone.. I hope I never have to go thru this again!
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #13
B-52 Guns
B-52 Guns

Drives: 2011 Inferno 2SS/RS convertible
New top and GMPP question

Just had my new top completed with the new cord system and the top fits and looks better then ever. The top was installed by our local convertible top shop who has done seven Camaro tops so far so it only took him a day to do it.
So my concern is: will this new top with the new cords be the end of my top concerns?
Also, is it worth getting the GMPP extended warranty for my 2011 SS/RS Vert? I know the GMPP does not cover the canvas but does cover the top mechanics. I usually don't buy extended warranties but this car has me worried.
B-52 Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:00 PM   #14
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-52 Guns View Post
Just had my new top completed with the new cord system and the top fits and looks better then ever. The top was installed by our local convertible top shop who has done seven Camaro tops so far so it only took him a day to do it.
So my concern is: will this new top with the new cords be the end of my top concerns?
Also, is it worth getting the GMPP extended warranty for my 2011 SS/RS Vert? I know the GMPP does not cover the canvas but does cover the top mechanics. I usually don't buy extended warranties but this car has me worried.
B-52, I live in Eastern PA, may I ask who the shop is that did yours so well? I will be taking mine in the Spring to get it done, I bought it at Faulkner-Ciocca Chevy in Quakertown and I think their service mgr told me they outsource their top replacement.

Thanks!
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote