Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-18-2009, 07:06 PM   #15
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
I have heard that GM has gone back and is redesigning the unit because of these very concerns. That is why it is taking longer. I don't know this for fact, but have seen it posted as such.
Thanks for the info, BackinBlack. I've been checking GMPartsDirect almost daily for the availability, admittedly mostly because of the looks, so it's good to hear they may up the performance specs. too.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:36 PM   #16
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
Thanks for the info, BackinBlack. I've been checking GMPartsDirect almost daily for the availability, admittedly mostly because of the looks, so it's good to hear they may up the performance specs. too.
Unless you just like the look of the stock airbox, why wouldn't you go for a aftermarket one? There are several that are the same price, IMO look better, give more performance gains, and won't void your warranty.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:57 PM   #17
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Unless you just like the look of the stock airbox, why wouldn't you go for a aftermarket one? There are several that are the same price, IMO look better, give more performance gains, and won't void your warranty.
Again, they are supposedly redesigning this system to improve performance.
Some people like to put GM performance products on their car. I won't do it
at high price and less gain, but if they get it improved and I'm sure the look
of the unit will be nice I will be getting the GM unit.
My GM intake on my Solstice was a beautiful unit and delivered the power. Hopefully they can get the SS version to do the same.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:21 AM   #18
alab32

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Anyone know anything about this??? Been a while and I still see no mention of it.
alab32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:33 AM   #19
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alab32 View Post
Anyone know anything about this??? Been a while and I still see no mention of it.
Nope, still no word. I don't know what the problem is.
I really am puzzled at the lack of information on this intake.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:37 AM   #20
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
This is typical GM, others have come out with a CAI that works with out an engineering department as large as GM and yet some wait for GM to get off their butt and release parts.Why have the part listed if you are not going to release it to the public?Hey GM,are you listening,are you watching,would you like to go tits up again?
Old 02-27-2010, 07:40 AM   #21
agkelly73

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Yeah I am curious too as to when the intake will be available. I ordered it and the GMPP axel backs when I got the car. My wife called the dealer yesterday as I am out of the country right now, but they said the original intake has been discontinued due to some units having "problems". Not sure exactly what that means, but maybe not performing as well as some aftermarket ones? Anyway, old was discontinued and they are releasing a new version in the future. When that is seems to be the mystery that no one can answer. We got our SS in Dec and if they don't have this part out by the time I return to the States in August, I'm probably going to hit the dealer up for a refund and go with an aftermarket one. Nine months is plenty of time in my opinion for them to come up with a viable solution that performs.
agkelly73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #22
Topdown
The wait is over!

Drives: 2010 Camaro, IOM, L99, Auto
I know this is an old thread, but anyone have any info on the GMPP intake? I am thinking I will get a CAI or Rotofab but I figured I would at least put a little effort into GMPP gear... if they make similar numbers for similar prices then I will just get the one that I think looks the best... lol

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Topdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:46 PM   #23
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdown View Post
I know this is an old thread, but anyone have any info on the GMPP intake? I am thinking I will get a CAI or Rotofab but I figured I would at least put a little effort into GMPP gear... if they make similar numbers for similar prices then I will just get the one that I think looks the best... lol
I can tell you what I heard. I'm interested in it too, I was told it might be October of this year.

I really am not sure why etc.. But I usually ask the vendors once a month about the part, just to see
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:11 PM   #24
Topdown
The wait is over!

Drives: 2010 Camaro, IOM, L99, Auto
Thanks for the info.

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Topdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #25
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
This is from my GM parts Girl in Sylvester, Ga.
air box list $450.00 sells@ $382.50
filter for air box $59.70
she says can be ordered now they have part #'s for it
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #26
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
This is from my GM parts Girl in Sylvester, Ga.
air box list $450.00 sells@ $382.50
filter for air box $59.70
she says can be ordered now they have part #'s for it
Order one and let us know when you get it.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #27
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

I just noticed that GMpartsdirect.com has a new price on this intake. Still shows it not available yet, but it looks like it might be close to release. Also noticed you can order the Hurst shifter now with free shipping.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:56 AM   #28
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
I was interested in this also, So i went back to talk to her. She says they have part #'s, but GM will not release them, She kinda acted as if there was a problem with the units themselves, because she said they had promised them out and then recalled them. She also said that GM said don't sell them yet.

I am so sorry for this, i was hoping to get one when when i could. All i can say is what she told me.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote