Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-02-2013, 02:04 AM   #15
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
The x pipe will cut down on loudness. Its a tradeoff you have to make if you want to get rid of rasp

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:05 AM   #16
Trentin24
Trentin24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
The x pipe will cut down on loudness. Its a tradeoff you have to make if you want to get rid of rasp
Some would be fine. But I don't want all, also do not want to hear a tuner sound. I just need to hear it, and if my ears like it. I will put it on the list.
Trentin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #17
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDV6er View Post
The Resonated x pipe comes in tomorrow, so I can see if i can throw everything on tomorrow. I'll post some vidoes up and everything
Simply put, its gonna really clean up your exhaust and make it sound more refined and to a higher quality sound if that makes sense.

Personally, If I was you, I'd get the resonator delete at the exact same time you get the xpipe installed. This will save you from attempting this in the future, saving you money not having to pay for service again.

Just a thought... and let us know the results!

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #18
MDV6er

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Okay, so the exhaust coming together has a 10% chance of happening today.. most likely Monday or Tuesday. Probably going to cut the h pipe, weld the x pipe in, cut the stock mufflers out and see how that sounds. If it is too quiet, I'll cut the resonators out too. If it sounds good, I'll have the slp welded in.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #19
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
Any update , have you installed your new Magnaflow X pipe ?

Maybe, you're having fun with your new exhaust and forgot to post back your results !
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #20
MDV6er

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post
Any update , have you installed your new Magnaflow X pipe ?

you're having fun with your new exhaust and forgot to post back your results ! )
Unfortunately not installed yet. Still driving around stealth quiet haha. Waiting for my neighbor's lift to become available, but he does a good bit of work in there. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday. Hopefully
Old 03-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #21
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Unfortunately not installed yet. Still driving around stealth quiet haha. Waiting for my neighbor's lift to become available, but he does a good bit of work in there. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday. Hopefully
And if you want a bit more sound, hack out the little cats after the sensor and place a pipe in its place which is turn will also give you better overall hp numbers.

ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
Old 03-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #22
MDV6er

At a shop now getting the resonated x pipe put on.. I'll go home and cut off the mufflers lol. They wanted an arm and a leg for the SLP install for some reason.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #23
MDV6er

Just drove home with the Magnaflow resonated x-pipe. I had them cut the stock mufflers off so I just have some pipes hanging behind the axle (will be putting on the SLP LM1 later).

BBk Headers, Magnaflow resonated x........ LOVE IT. No rasp at all. A lot of drone (deal with it haha)

If the SLP does what it did before with just a muffler delete I will be perfectly happy. I am already happy.

The only camera i have currently sucks. So I will find a way to take some videos. But as you all know, videos never do the actual sound justice. The idle is a nice low rumble.
Don't expect it to sound like a V8. but it does sound like a deeper V6 as one would expect.

Very Satisfied with exhaust
Old 03-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #24
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
How muvh more noise does the exhaust create with the rear cats gone
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #25
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Vibe92 View Post
How muvh more noise does the exhaust create with the rear cats gone
much louder and lil deeper. i have my cats and resonator deleted. and i have gibson exhaust with quad tips. it does sound a lil raspy when revving, but i like it. next on my list is Long tube headers and electric cut outs
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #26
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Just drove home with the Magnaflow resonated x-pipe. I had them cut the stock mufflers off so I just have some pipes hanging behind the axle (will be putting on the SLP LM1 later).

BBk Headers, Magnaflow resonated x........ LOVE IT. No rasp at all. A lot of drone (deal with it haha)

If the SLP does what it did before with just a muffler delete I will be perfectly happy. I am already happy.

The only camera i have currently sucks. So I will find a way to take some videos. But as you all know, videos never do the actual sound justice. The idle is a nice low rumble.
Don't expect it to sound like a V8. but it does sound like a deeper V6 as one would expect.

Very Satisfied with exhaust
Probally wont do too much putting the LM1 back on (bit less drone). I'd say your better off just putting larger pipes out from the resonated xpipe to clean up and deepen the exhaust note further.

I plan on going with 3" pipes right to the back out of the resonated xpipe and using 3" tips to give it a clean finishing look. On that note, there is plenty of back pressure from your stock larger cats, the 2.5" pipes from your cats to the xpipe and of course from the xpipe itself as it is resonated. If you choose a true X what they call it, you'd loose back pressure like mad if you had no mufflers and used larger pipes.

The shop gave me a quote of $325 for the custom pipes material/welding/tip install.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #27
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
If you want to completely remove drone, you can see what rpm range you'd like to get rid of drone and install some j pipes that will cancel it out at that frequency... best of both worlds there

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #28
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
If you want to completely remove drone, you can see what rpm range you'd like to get rid of drone and install some j pipes that will cancel it out at that frequency... best of both worlds there
Here is a stupid question I have but I've always wondered this...

Would'nt eliminating drone completely make the car very quiet kinda like stock but with just a deeper note? ( I mean quiet like from outside what others would hear from a decimal standpoint).

I've thought about j pipes too but I'd hate getting them and then find out the car is super quiet (back to stock basically) defeating the purpose of aggressive exhaust.