Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 03:25 AM   #575
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I'll be damned -- HOW DID I MISS SEEING YOU IN ALL OF OUR MEETINGS WHERE YOU'VE ACTUALLY SEEN THE CAR?????????????????? YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

On a separate note...

I gotta say I'm shocked a mod hasn't shut this down yet, or at least until monday...fbod and camero are one post away from chokin a b----. Regardless, I have much respect for both of you for keeping your calm and heads as long as you have on a project you have both put so much time into.

Why don't we keep our mouths shut till we actually see some productions specs/photos.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:14 AM   #576
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Please don't have a freak out You wouldn't want to scare Shunt any more than he already is now would we.. You know what I recommend, going over to your local Sharper Image and sitting in one of those massage chairs and relaxing for an hour or two.. Listen to some Yanni or other elevator music and your set to return to this site and take a few more bumper insults without a freak out episode..
Whew that did help! Or maybe it was the Dr. Phil. Thanks!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:32 AM   #577
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
We worked so much harder than you armchair critics can possibly imagine to make it look as good as possible and as close to the concept as possible .
I understand you being pissed off by critics, however, I don't think some arguments like you or Fbod used (such as "how many cars have you engineer in the past?") a receivable ones.

This is like an actor saying to a newspaper for a bad critic "you have never made a movie, so shut up". I can understand that, but I'm sure you have probably made some criticisms towards some players during the last superbowl, last nba finals or something. And you did that even if you have never played NBA finals nor a superbowl.

So take it easy, whiners are people who want the best for this car, thus they are interested in your job. Even if you get criticism, you get attention to your work. And yeah, whiners are customers too.

Here ends this off topic post

Keep on working: the car's awesome, but not perfect though.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:56 AM   #578
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Attachment 5754

Hey all, and welcome to the Camaro5.com chat forums, here are some basic rules we should all try to live by

1) Respect. By far the most important rule here. Through the generations of Camaros, enthusiasts have come together for the love of the car and the community (in fact, the name "Camaro" means "friend, pal, or comrade"). So, the basic rules of real life apply here, show each other respect and you will get respect as well. Don't bash someone else here because you feel like it. Personally insulting other members will not be tolerated.

2) Disagree, don't attack. Disagree on topics, but try to leave it at that. Just because you don't like someones opinion on the car's engine, doesn't mean you should call him and his mother all sorts of names Disagreements are fine, and you should feel free to express your difference of opinion, but don't go out of your way to insult and flame someone. Please consider if you would say to someone's face the same thing you are posting.

4) Help. Be helpful, we are all probably here because of a question and people will go out of their way to help you. Try to do the same if you have the answer to a question posted. Camaro enthusiasts have to stick together. If you think not telling others about some technical info you have will make you and your car unique and prefer to be unique rather than share this information, then this forum is not for you. Help each other with questions and answers and I guarantee you, one day you will be helped out in kind here.

These rules will be enforced but only to improve everyone's stay here In the end, we're all enthusiasts here, so help each other out !
Keeping with the theme of being helpful, I just wanted to point out that typically 3 follows 2.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:30 AM   #579
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaro2471 View Post
Keeping with the theme of being helpful, I just wanted to point out that typically 3 follows 2.
I know, but that is rule 4, not 3, which is in the rules thread. You do not need to know what rule 3 is for now...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
Old 07-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #580
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
For someone this one looks bigger than the silver one...
Old 07-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #581
Cessna510
Gm loyalist

Drives: 04 z71 tahoe\99 SS m6
I figured i'd put my "detailed" two cents in

Pics 1 & 2
. They both kinda seem like they're at an odd angle to me, I LOVE how aggressive the quarter is!
I'd take the headlights but prefer halos
Grill,ehh i'm sure they'll be an option a little more my style
Wheels, They are pretty sharp

Pic3.In my opinion the rear of this car is a home run! at first I wished the reverse lights would just"go away" but they are growing on me
Obviously the hitch and tail light colors will change...Looks great

Pic 4. Tint the windows and tell people to keep their hands off the car
Old 07-17-2008, 04:54 PM   #582
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
Not true, there are TONS of bumps under 5mph. You just don't notice them because the 5mph standard says there has to be NO damage from such a collision. You'd sure notice if you backed into a wall or a pole or another car or whatever and found $550 worth of damage to your trunk lid and rear window because your bumper had no lip. And you'd sure notice a LOT higher insurance payment every month too if we didn't meet that standard. Now everyone stop asking about the rear bumper or I'm going to freak out.

That question sure proves that it's not as bad as you whiners are making it out to be. I bet most people would NEVER notice that lip and half of the people that see it would like it. We've told you 100x that NOTHING was changed on a whim and you still act like we just got bored with the original design or decided that the fans weren't worth seeing it through. We worked so much harder than you armchair critics can possibly imagine to make it look as good as possible and as close to the concept as possible and I sincerely hope that if you don't like it that you never even see one, let alone have the privilege of owning one. You'd think we made it look like a Malibu Max for God's sake. A one inch wide lip on the bottom of the bumper is what you're complaining about.
this is just unacceptable vocabulary to use on potential customers and fanbase

i mean i'm not too mad about the lower lip i'll just change it in the aftermarket and well take the chance if i get hit under 5mph...

but you didn't have to be so derogatory about it...we appreciate the work you did but nobody is ever free from criticism and everybody has a right to be heard, as an artist or designer you have to accept that...and not be so sensitive to the criticism...
Old 07-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #583
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Seriously, this thread needs to be closed. I want to come read it to see others opinions not who is a whiner and who is not....

and if a recall someone called him lame, so that is even more derogatory.

give it up already.

everyone should be putting all of their energy towards monday and being excited.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:24 PM   #584
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
this is just unacceptable vocabulary to use on potential customers and fanbase

i mean i'm not too mad about the lower lip i'll just change it in the aftermarket and well take the chance if i get hit under 5mph...

but you didn't have to be so derogatory about it...we appreciate the work you did but nobody is ever free from criticism and everybody has a right to be heard, as an artist or designer you have to accept that...and not be so sensitive to the criticism...
LET IT GO! It's been addressed.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:30 PM   #585
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
LET IT GO! It's been addressed.
well i haven't posted here in 2 days..

well either way camero has probably been stressed and from what i saw with the slater show i'm very impressed with the work they have done...

afterburners please please please
Old 07-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #586
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
well i haven't posted here in 2 days..

well either way camero has probably been stressed and from what i saw with the slater show i'm very impressed with the work they have done...

afterburners please please please
sorry just want everyone to drop that whole thing because it has been addressed and just needs to be let go.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #587
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
sorry just want everyone to drop that whole thing because it has been addressed and just needs to be let go.
no problem
Old 07-17-2008, 07:51 PM   #588
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Sorry. I apologize for offending forum members as I went too far when answering the bumper question yet again. Please forgive me and forget it. I'm clearly not a rep of GM, just an anonymous designer posting on a forum which is probably inappropriate anyway for reasons that have now become obvious to me. It won't happen again. Thanks for all the kind words dudes, and I hope you like your Camaro as much as I'll like mine. :-]

Closed Thread