Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-13-2014, 01:39 PM   #1
Sixguns

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Kook's headers and exhaust

2011 2SS LS3
As I have seen discussed in the past in this forum is the insane drone from my Kook's 1-7/8" LT headers with cats and 3" exhaust, especially on the highway using 6th gear. It feels like my fillings are going to vibrate out. At low speeds and lower gears it sounds great and adds some "umph" to the ride.

I also installed the R2C CAI system and I love it. It was easy to install and the difference was immediate. The people at R2C were great in handling my order and technical questions.

Tomorrow I am having it Dyna-tuned to zero everything together. I am investigating the "J" pipe theory at this time to correct some of the drone. Kook's states that they can sell me some resonators for $150 that "may" take care of "some" of the drone.

I love driving this car, just hate the drone.
Sixguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:27 AM   #2
SKERIS

Drives: Jewel Red 2SS RS A6
DRONE

NOTHING WORKED EXCEPT CHANGING TO CORSA EXHAUST...ABSOULTLY NO DRONE.
SKERIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:54 AM   #3
Sixguns

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
SKERIS

Are you talking about just changing out the mufflers (axle back)?

I am getting it dyna tuned today and will consider what to do after that as far as killing the drone.
Sixguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixguns View Post
2011 2SS LS3
As I have seen discussed in the past in this forum is the insane drone from my Kook's 1-7/8" LT headers with cats and 3" exhaust, especially on the highway using 6th gear. It feels like my fillings are going to vibrate out. At low speeds and lower gears it sounds great and adds some "umph" to the ride.

I also installed the R2C CAI system and I love it. It was easy to install and the difference was immediate. The people at R2C were great in handling my order and technical questions.

Tomorrow I am having it Dyna-tuned to zero everything together. I am investigating the "J" pipe theory at this time to correct some of the drone. Kook's states that they can sell me some resonators for $150 that "may" take care of "some" of the drone.

I love driving this car, just hate the drone.
If you love the sound but hate the drone, J-pipes are your best option. Adding resonators will change the sound and volume.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:45 AM   #5
SKERIS

Drives: Jewel Red 2SS RS A6
My Drone came form the Magna flow competition exhaust...I replaced the entire exhaust from the headers back with Corsa...there is NO drone now at all.

Steve
SKERIS is offline   Reply With Quote