Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-08-2015, 09:28 AM   #1
xk49

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT Convertible
E-Force and Hex Vent Clearance

Buying hex vents and of the two vendors I've looked at one asked the question if you have a strut bar and the other vendor ask if you have forced induction. Well, I have both, so does anyone know of fitment issues with the vents/drip pans with the stock strut bar and/or E-Force SC?

I'm going to ask the vendors as well, but I'm pretty sure their response is going to be "it should fit". One site charges an extra $10 if you have a strut tower brace. Why in the heck would it cost more if you have a strut tower brace?
Flowmaster Force II Axle back, Kooks LT's and Highflow Cats, Oracle Side Makers, BC Coilovers, E-Force Supercharger, Rotofab Intake, HexVents, ACS T4 Splitter/Rockers/Wind Deflectors, Aeroforce dual pod, Autometer boost/WB analog gauges, MRR M228 20x10 20x11 Nitto Invo 275/315's, CDC Sport Bar, Tuned by Slowhawk Performance.

Last edited by xk49; 05-08-2015 at 10:51 AM.
xk49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:50 AM   #2
Ret Fuzz
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro
dont waste your time with the drip pans.
Ret Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:04 AM   #3
Steve@HPE

Drives: 2014 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xk49 View Post
Buying hex vents and of the two vendors I've looked at one asked the question if you have a strut bar and the other vendor ask if you have forced induction. Well, I have both, so does anyone know of fitment issues with the vents/drip pans with the stock strut bar and/or E-Force SC?

I'm going to ask the vendors as well, but I'm pretty sure their response is going to be "it should fit". One site charges an extra $10 if you have a strut tower brace. Why in the heck would it cost more if you have a strut tower brace?
I have the 1LE Strut tower brace on my Camaro and it fits. The new splash pans sit flush with the hoodliner.

Since we released the new drip pans we haven't had anyone have issues with clearance.

If you go to our webstore use C5FORUM for a 10% discount.

Thanks for your question,
Ray
Steve@HPE is offline   Reply With Quote