Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #15
SS Product
Super Sport Productions

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS, SIM
Looks very clean and you kept space very well. My trunk consists of the sub box with 2 steel rods holding it in place. I wish I had your ingenuity.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #16
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Looks good. I just got my 10" sub installed. I could only imagine how yours would rattle teeth!!
JasonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #17
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Nice, now you can make me one for a fellow Steeler fan (Still have a lot of family in the 'Burgh) but I only need a single 10" sub box.
Nutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #18
scuba264

Drives: Manual 2011 CGM LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexiken View Post
@OP:

Wow, those look pretty slick.

Did you by chance build them to specs, or just kinda eye balled it ????

The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of building some of my own, and I was wondering if you had dimensions you used, or a specific volume you wanted to give the subs ????
Thanks. Well I was really trying to get the most volume (size) out of the space and build it to stay flush behind the bolts for the cargo net. I was gunning for 1cu.ft. of space but ended up a little short. Stuffed full of cotton filler to fake it a bit and they sound fine.

I tried to be all smart and really plan this one (should have known better) and used cardboard and fabbed up this whole 3d mockup. Then when I started working with wood I had to tweak it so much and ended up just trial and error fitting. There are things I could do differently to eek out a little more space out of them I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
Nice, now you can make me one for a fellow Steeler fan (Still have a lot of family in the 'Burgh) but I only need a single 10" sub box.
Haha, I've actually thought about building some on the side. I'd have to look at the cost of materials, maybe see if I could drum up a few orders to make it worth it. ******** has a really nice looking solution but I'm fairly capable and a very much DIY kinda guy (for better or worse) so had at it myself.

I'll look it over and think about it, if you'd be seriously interested I could probably do them for a reasonable price.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:55 AM   #19
mexiken

Drives: Sofia: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba264 View Post
Thanks. Well I was really trying to get the most volume (size) out of the space and build it to stay flush behind the bolts for the cargo net. I was gunning for 1cu.ft. of space but ended up a little short. Stuffed full of cotton filler to fake it a bit and they sound fine.

I tried to be all smart and really plan this one (should have known better) and used cardboard and fabbed up this whole 3d mockup. Then when I started working with wood I had to tweak it so much and ended up just trial and error fitting. There are things I could do differently to eek out a little more space out of them I think.

Haha, I've actually thought about building some on the side. I'd have to look at the cost of materials, maybe see if I could drum up a few orders to make it worth it. ******** has a really nice looking solution but I'm fairly capable and a very much DIY kinda guy (for better or worse) so had at it myself.

I'll look it over and think about it, if you'd be seriously interested I could probably do them for a reasonable price.
I might be interested as well.

I live far though =( shipping would be a drag methinks.
mexiken is offline   Reply With Quote