Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
Solo Exhaust Question???

I had a shop install my Solo exhaust the other day and yesterday I decided to take some pictures and much to my surprise most of my J-pipe had been removed at install:

Will this affect the system in any way? I was thinking about going to the shop an demanding the remainder of my pipes back or compensate me for the missing parts.

This is what it should look like:

http://juicedmotorsports.com/2010cam...olo_pics2.html

Last edited by LnLSS; 08-03-2011 at 01:10 PM.
LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Hmm that's really odd. I would talk to the shop that did the install and ask them about it. Did you have the full J-pipes on the exhaust before they installed it?

also,
Old 08-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

yes the complete system was turned over to them for install.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Wow, very strange.

There goes your drone cancellation.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

OK that explains that.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #6
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Yeah they screwed up your system. I see no purpose in them doing what they did. They ruined the j-pipes ability to cancel drone. I'd demand they either fix them or replace them with a new set. I have them and they fit perfectly back there. Unless u want your tips sticking way out the back which I can't see why anybody would want that as it looks goofy.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #7
SIXJAK

Feel free to pm me if u have any questions. I see you have a CAI intake too. Cool. Just get some Stainless Works long tubes and u'll have the same set up as I do. Actually after you get everything sorted out, I'd love to hear your setup minus the long tubes. I installed my headers and SOLO at the same time. I sometimes wish I would have installed the SOLO first jes to see what it sounds like sans the LTs. Thanks.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #8
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
I would guess that the shop removed the J tube because they had no idea what its function is. They probably thought they were doing you a favor.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #9
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
id be pissed. Call them and have them explain what they did and put it on properly I would also call SOLO to see what they say
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #10
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
did they also plug that up?!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #11
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
I would guess that the shop removed the J tube because they had no idea what its function is. They probably thought they were doing you a favor.
You are very close. I'm at shop right now and they said "never seen a system like that before" guess they didnt want to look like noobs and ask me the first time. Brought them pictures and they are fixing the job. Thought I would give my local shop the chance as i have been coming here for years.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #12
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drone is gone It is much quieter in the drivers compartment but still has that great sound when accelerating. I am much happier now.

Thanks everyone for the help. On to the next mod.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #13
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by LnLSS View Post
Drone is gone It is much quieter in the drivers compartment but still has that great sound when accelerating. I am much happier now.

good to hear.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:38 AM   #14
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnLSS View Post

I PM'd you.